Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NEW FOR PINKUN.COM - Bird's Eye View

[link]http://www.pinkun.com/Content/ncfc/Columns/BirdsEye/BirdsDefault.asp[/link]

This is a new feature on PinkUn.com where our female readers take a Bird''s Eye View on a whole range of recent sporting issues and events from a female perspective.

If there are any women on this board who would like to contribute an article to this new column (Susie, Kathy, City Angel, Gazza the Great, etc) then email me at the usual address.

Kathy, it''s ok. Peter does...really! It''s thanks to him that this is up and running...and yes, DD, I did write the first little offering, and I really appreciate your positive comments about it.
As I''ve just told Peter in an e-mail, I feel quite emotional just seeing it in print like that, with a splendid logo as well. I do hope that some of you lasses out there will agree to have a go along with me. It could be fun, especially as we have licence to talk about some of the things that ''The Man'' might find difficult to write about in his more testosterone-loaded columns!!!

Is it going to be printed in the EN or pink Un? Fame at last for some of our unsung women on this site. Come on angel, gazza and Kathy! Give it a go! Well done susie. If City College is boring you at all, I''m sure you''ll get a job at the EEN!! ;-)

Don''t think I''m going to be handing in my notice just yet, DD! My students would never forgive me as they wouldn''t have anyone else to take the mickey out of in quite the same way!
Sorry, Peter, for saying that I did write the first offering, but I don''t mind everyone on here knowing as I consider them almost like friends, even though I haven''t met anyone in person yet. I just wouldn''t like my name printed against any article actually on the website or, if we ever make it there, in the paper itself.

peter, will take a look at it next week, i am going to be away for a few days and so you will all have a rest from my ramblings

expect something via email next weekend :-)

A very nice column to read and fresh views from the female Canaries fans...:O)

I too will be going away for a break tomorrow but while I am away conquering the lofty peaks of Cornwall (Kingdom of Edworthy) I shall be trying to come up with some oestrogen fuelled pearls of wisdom.
On a more general note I think it is a great idea to make use of some of the talented posters (male too) on this message page. I think there is some quality writing found here, as good as (sometimes better dare I say it) than the professionals. Most of it gets banished to the archive pages of the mesage board and I think it is such a waste.

enjoy the peaks of cornwall, that made me laugh, thought you were going for the surf and seafood kathy!!

i shall be having a great time in london, ages since i went there for non-footballing reasons, so hope the sun keeps shining!!

i am not sure if we females necessarily see things v differently from you guys, we shall see, can i pick a really controversial subject peter, ie the leicester ''rape'' story, or do you just want our views on football in general?

You can talk about anything you like, but preferably sport - doesn''t just have to be about football or NCFC (but that would be nice!).

I guess we can publish stuff on the Leicester case now that it''s been dropped but it may be edited. Will give me a chance to make sure my legal knowledge is still sharp!

On a similar vein, maybe it''s time to rename Hong Kong Footy as "Japs Eye View" with appreciation of the lack of taste and geographical correctness of such a suggestion!