Sign in to follow this  
Carrow Fink

Ian Holloway's BBC Column (TOUCHLINE SPAT WITH GLENN ROEDER)

I read the Holloway column regually does anyone else think the guys has disappeared up his own a*** since leaving Leicester.  He didnt mention the fact that his poor team got ripped apart by us....

Olly needs his eyes tested if he thinks that was a 2 footed lunge.

As for Roeder... if the shoe was on the other foot u wouldnt be screaming Blue Murder Glen? theres a need for professionalism from a manager, the Referee could of sent both Alnwick and Rusty off if he had wanted.. making both managers look stupid.

Roeder needs to reel it in a bit.. focus on the team not the other manager

jas :)

[quote user="Boba Fett"]I read the Holloway column regually does anyone else think the guys has disappeared up his own a*** since leaving Leicester.  He didnt mention the fact that his poor team got ripped apart by us....[/quote]

Bloomin'' heck - has he gone already? Leicester don''t have a good record with  managers!

''Hollowords'' can sod off, his: "who do you think you are?" comment to Roeder...umm someone whose actually managed in the premiership with one of the biggest clubs in the country and definetly your better mr Hollowords.hope this helps.

Two footed tackle my arse! Holloway''s a prize numptey with spaggy eyesight!  I''ve watched the replay of that incident again and again and all I can see is a legitimate tackle by Rusty for a 50/50 ball.  Then the Leicester keeper gets up and falls on Rusty with a leading arm.  The Leicester keeper was the one who should have been sent off and Rusty should have had nothing.  As it was the ref bottled it and booked them both.

i''ve read the blokes column several times i wouldn''t pay much attention to anything he says he seems to display bugger all knowledge about anything football related and comes accross as somebody who loves himself just a little too much!

"So Glenn came down shouting at me and he was bang out of order. He did it for effect, he did it to affect the fans around him, and I more than told him so."

So writing his side of the story, and getting the last word on the BBC website isn''t out of order?

Still I think his column is always a good read!

[quote user="Boba Fett"]I read the Holloway column regually does anyone else think the guys has disappeared up his own a*** since leaving Leicester.  He didnt mention the fact that his poor team got ripped apart by us....[/quote]

I Have to say i''m with you 100% on this, I think he is taking his "Everybody loves me - im such good value for a quote ballcocks" a little too seriously

My bad!!!! of course he is still at Leicester (for now) but he also now thinks he is a managing god cos he gets TV coverage and has a book out.   I know i would prefer Glen as Manager anyday

Holloway''s got a long way in the game by being a "character", but on this occasion he reminds me of Colin Hunt from the Fast Show.  Old rentaquote should keep his mouth shut if the alternative is spouting such distorted truths.

I hope Leicester are better at home than away because they didnt deserve a point and were very poor indeed last Saturday. I also thought that Howard was trying to referee the game all afternoon.  Another one that didnt cut in the Premiership.  Holloway is a hoof ball clogger manager.  Nothing more.  He will do well for small clubs at Leicester and Plymouth.

Never had much time for Holloway......talks about as much as Jose Mourinho but hasnt actually achieved anything as a manager. But he''s a media darling because he can make people laugh..........

[quote user="Prudence no ambition"]Never had much time for Holloway......talks about as much as Jose Mourinho but hasnt actually achieved anything as a manager. But he''s a media darling because he can make people laugh..........[/quote]

Sure can. People just look at him and go "Look everyone, its that complete moron and utter berk Hollohead", followed by mass laughter and pointed fingers from anyone within a 50ft radius of him.

[quote user="treacletown07"]

I hope Leicester are better at home than away because they didnt deserve a point and were very poor indeed last Saturday. I also thought that Howard was trying to referee the game all afternoon.  Another one that didnt cut in the Premiership.  Holloway is a hoof ball clogger manager.  Nothing more.  He will do well for small clubs at Leicester and Plymouth.

[/quote]

Small club? Oh dear, we''re not a big club, but hardly a small club. Bit rich considering we''ve achieved more than you in the past ten years, but i''m not starting a whos a bigger club debate, pointless, but to say we''re small is a bit laughable.

Anyway, back on the subject, yes it would seem Holloway is being a bit biased on this occasion, but tell me a manager that isnt?

We were very poor on the day, one of the worst performances of the season but stole a point, hopefully that is a sign of turning the corner. We''ve made some decent signings - two of which any team in the championship would like to have in their squads, Howard and Oakley, so maybe we will move into mid-table.

think i may have prompted holloway to respond to this, as i emailed his column on the bbc website to ask what actually happened? his version seems a little bit far fetched to me though