Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Misleading report or sign of intent?

The recent story in the Pinkun that leads with Roeder buying in bulk is a little curious to me.  But Roeder said: “Every position is on my shopping list. When I''ve finished you won''t recognise this squad.”

My question is this: Is this what he has actually said? The reason why I ask is because without question the squad he has inherited have actually done rather well considering, what message is this sending out to the team, and if God forbid, we are unable to recruit any new faces then the morale will hit a new all time low. Roeder seems like a very shrewd man and I can''t believe that he would risk losing the dressing room, which could really happen with such comments. Maybe his trimming of the squad coupled with these words are on purpose to make every player play for their place, something which will only work if he actually manages to bring in competition.

Web team please investigate as this would not be the first time that a lead story contains slightly embellished facts....

The message oit senmds to the players is...

We need cover all over the park- I am looking around. So play REALLY well and make sure you keep your shirt

The message sent by sales was:

If lazy you lose your job

Goood man managment in my book

Rather late in the month to be going looking at a few players , surely our targets should have been identified much sooner . Still think we are all going to feel very let down come the 1st of Feb .

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

The recent story in the Pinkun that leads with Roeder buying in bulk is a little curious to me.  But Roeder said: “Every position is on my shopping list. When I''ve finished you won''t recognise this squad.”[/quote]

Well, if things go the way they look like they''re going, the squad on Feb 1st will be identical to the one we have now.

Did you put the quotes in or did they? Why do you sespect something similar....why dont YOU investigate, the mods are here to mod not play SherlockI see nothing wrong in what Roeder has said. I just hope he means it. The squad is rotton with mediocrity, dead wood. When Doherty starts getting mentions for PoS then a message is being sent......Deja Vu

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Did you put the quotes in or did they? Why do you sespect something similar....why dont YOU investigate, the mods are here to mod not play Sherlock

I see nothing wrong in what Roeder has said. I just hope he means it. The squad is rotton with mediocrity, dead wood. When Doherty starts getting mentions for PoS then a message is being sent......Deja Vu
[/quote]

Care to explain why we are so S@@t ?