Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

How did that make you feel?

Superior? Glad you didnt have to go through all that?
I found it a bit odd. Palace did really well but we, yes Norwich, yes our team, had done so much much much better. And nobody mentioned it.

Yeppers....2 years ago was the worst set of emotions I have ever been through. I still wont watch it on video. Still, I guess Palace was the better result for us.

Bentley, pack your bags my old son youre off to Norwich!!

Bad luck West Ham fans, Tough Sh7t Pardew! I bet Worthy had a chuckle..

I actually watched the play-off final in a certain riverside establishment, and there was a substantial amount of Hammer fans also in attendance enjoying the game. I admit my allegiance was directed toward a Palace victory. So after the final whistle went, I was quite chuffed that Pardew, after all his vitriol and rhetoric directed toward the Div 1 Champions, was made to feast on his words. I therefore was in a buoyant mood, as Palace, collected their hard-fought trophy and celebrated. The vast majority of the young Hammer''s gang, had rapidly dispersed at full-time, so I made my exit and headed out of the riverside.

It was then I saw a young man, sporting a Hammers shirt, sat on a bench, head in his hands. He was bawling his eye''s out, my initial thoughts and reaction were, "unlucky fellah, that''s the way the cookie crumbles"....and then, I recalled this time two seasons ago, and our defeat and the way that I felt. I wanted to console him, like I do when either of my two young son''s feel down, unhappy or upset. But I didn''t think it would have been appropriate, as he may have thought I was being patronising or condescending. So I just breezed past him, like one does with a drunk sprawled out on a park bench. It''s just strange how one''s emotions can change in that spur of a moment. I didn''t feel so good about the game after that. But, life goes on, and I''m sure they will be there or thereabouts next season. It''s a strange old world isn''t it folks?. OTBC

We all get our chance. This year was ours. I remember last year looking at Portsmouth flying high and thinking about how their fans must be feeling. Then this year I found out!

So by the time the Hammers get promoted we may be back in the first division, it all goes around.

Looking at the table, only 1 team has been in the first div longer than us... Sheff Utd. Every other team has experienced promotion or relegation over the past 9 years. Its what makes it all so interesting - the top few may be predicatble in the Prem, but everything else from there down through the divisions is up for grabs.

Their time will come, as has ours.

Ama