Sign in to follow this  
Feathers

Wanted: City Shirt from 1981-1983 season

Alright I know this is a long shot, but basically I''m looking for a small size (not child''s) home city shirt from the year I was born (1982). I had a look on ebay and the ''net but to no avail. Does anyone have any idea wher I can get one?Ta.

Remind me what it looks like. Ive got some spares but when you get to my age you lose track of time!

May I suggest you get in contact with XXL aka Dave who writes a blog on this very website.  Quite frankly he is rather the expert on all things Norwich City ''shirt'' realated and could probably point you in the right direction.

Yes I''ve got one you can have. Its been washed so many times that the label is unreadable but I would say its about 32 -34" chest. Its got a couple of pluck marks on it but you can have it if you want. This will kick start my ''2008 declutter my life'' resolution!

I doubt anyone will have a ''''spare'''' shirt from those seasons. The 81-83 shirt goes for between £100 and £150 on ebay but you normally only see it selling on there a couple of times a year.

I do own the said shirt in a size medium but wouldn''t sell it for the world. It was my Dads. Just to warn you on sizing the medium is a tight fit on me, I''m 5ft 8'''' and 11 stone. If I tried to get into a small I would break out of it like the Incredible Hulk!

I will let you know if I see one on sale on any auction sites.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Here you go Kathy... Made by adidas, no sponsor, with thin green vertical stripes.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Norwich_City/Norwich_City.htm

And if anyone has a spare top of the 1979-81 kit I''d be interested.

[/quote]That 79-81 kit is the business, I agree.It seems slightly funny that Fosters Lager sponsored us in the 1980s... though I don''t think the game was quite as image conscious as it is now.And 1993-4 - what were they thinking?  It''s like birdcrap 1980''s paisley.

Not wanting to start a bidding war or anything for this shirt, Kathy, but if the original poster doesn''t want it, I''ve been searching for a 1982 season City shirt in Small size, too, but not been able to find one.

I''ve still got my original Admiral shirt from 1979, possibly the roughest material ever used in the construction of football shirt.  It makes glass fibre loft insulation feel like silk.I have to say that Adidas kit is the best we''ve ever had, pure class.

[quote user="Feathers"]Alright I know this is a long shot, but basically I''m looking for a small size (not child''s) home city shirt from the year I was born (1982). I had a look on ebay and the ''net but to no avail. Does anyone have any idea wher I can get one?Ta.[/quote]http://www.toffs.com/?awin=1Is a good place to try unfortunatly no 1980s kits.

Tell you what thou, I would like either of those kits, the ''82 shirt looks good and is a bit like the Spanish kits. Would be a welcome kit here.

[quote user="norwich flag"]

wanted a eufa  blue xl shirt anyone got one for sale here

from our golden year //////???????????????????

[/quote]

Ebay... best place to get one...

If u get 4-4-2 magazine in the adverts at the back theres loads for retro footy shirt sellers.. have a look there...

looking at that site with the kits on our 1996-97 still looks our best ever! id like to see us in yellow and green halves again though...

jas :)