Sign in to follow this  
McCanary

So where will Taylor go .........

Quite obvious that B`h am will not want him to walk away for free in the summer................so, if we don`t up our offer and the WBA story is rubbish ( as I tend to think it is)......where else could he end up?

Could it be that Brady ends up dropping her price so we can have him, or will GR go in with a cheeky 500k bid at 2300 next fri!??

Just a few thoughts!!!![:)]

He will be here by the end of the window, no doubt IMO. He would have gone somewhere else by now if he was going, either nobody else wants him or he is not prepared to go to them.    

[quote user="McCanary"]

Quite obvious that B`h am will not want him to walk away for free in the summer................so, if we don`t up our offer and the WBA story is rubbish ( as I tend to think it is)......where else could he end up?

Could it be that Brady ends up dropping her price so we can have him, or will GR go in with a cheeky 500k bid at 2300 next fri!??

[/quote]

Another Taylor thread ??

[quote user="C.T "]

Whos to say Taylor will go anywhere? He could just stay and rot in the ressies

[/quote]

Taylor wants to come here so Birmingham will have to cut their losses or we get him for free in the summer. It seems that we are in a massive bargaining position here. so there is no way that we should up our offer, but instead perhaps lower it!!

If we wait until the summer, then Birmingham have to keep paying him his top wages,  and he will get a nice fat signing on fee from us. That is only a few months away and perhaps Tiny fancies a nice slice of the cake, and putting two fingers up to Birmingham for their own short-sighted attitude.    

Taylor''s contract doesn''t expire this summer, it is next summer, or possilbly the summer after that. Not sure which. If he could leave on a free he would cost far, far less than 1million.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

Another Taylor thread ??

[/quote]

Not much gets past you, is there??

[quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

Gr will  have to act faster than that the window closes at  midnight on Thursday 31 Jan.

The respective CE''s at Norwich and Birmingham have fallen out over the long winded attempt by Norwich to sign Martin Taylor and the Blues will now refuse to sell him to Norwich, under any circumstances–it is thought they will part with Taylor now for as little as £400''000 to prove a point, this reduced fee has seen interest from Ipswich Town, Leicester City and ambitious Peterborough United.

http://www.football-rumours.com/

I would expect him to go if Birmingham sign somebody , he wont want to be sitting around untill August to get some first team football and theres no guarantee we will be competent enough to sign him in the summer either .Just so much cleverer than everybody else thats us .

[quote user="Paul Argent"]

The respective CE''s at Norwich and Birmingham have fallen out over the long winded attempt by Norwich to sign Martin Taylor and the Blues will now refuse to sell him to Norwich, under any circumstances–it is thought they will part with Taylor now for as little as £400''000 to prove a point, this reduced fee has seen interest from Ipswich Town, Leicester City and ambitious Peterborough United.

[/quote]

Yeah cos that''s good business sense.[*-)] I can''t see Brady chucking away a potential £400k just to prove a point.

As I understand it...

We raised our bid a week ago... but obviously not high enough...

I was reliably informed he only wants to come here... has his heart set on it..

He is however contracted until the summer of 2010... and so he will not be going anywhere free before then by which time he will be 30..

Roeder stated today that he may have to wait until the summer to get him and that he still definately wants to come here...

However a little bit of me is starting to lose hope... Roeder is playing the ultimate game of brinkmanship... which could well end in tears... because how valued must Tiny feel just at the mo... if he really wants to come and the club refuse to pay the valuation...

And what on earth makes him think that Birmingham will drop the price in the summer ???

I HOPE that he will get the player ... got a feeling this is just another ploy to get the price down... but if he doesnt it will be the first mistake Glenn has made... and a big one at that...

I dont think we will necessarily get him in the summer if we dont get him now... so I hope its just more mind games with Brady..

But to answer the thread... he won''t go anywhere in this window if he does not arrive at Colney... fingers crossed... but I am starting to lose faith now

[quote user="Paul Argent"]

[/quote]

To prove the point they could of had an extra £350,000 minimum a few weeks earlier?

have you noticed main thing, birmingham very good getting their money in the end.

pennant 7m, heskey 6m, dj campball 1.8m when they usually sell a player they get very good money for it maximising the most. birmingham know norwich really want him dispite of the noises coming out of norwich and im pretty sure birmingham will call your bluff and wait 1m offer, and if not, well they sell him in summer or maybe loan him to you after window