Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

2 Days to go and still nothing.........

Yep i hate to be another person saying this but i have to.  we have 2 days left in the transfer window and we still have no one to cooo over. no ameobe, no Taylor, No midfilder, no striker, no nobody. thats 29 days and all we have is pattison, (not bad), Evans(not bad) Camara(not bad). thats 1 signing and 2 extensions.  not a lot to be happy about is it.  but for me i have to ask, is there ever a player in the pipeline to come here? or is Doncaster, Roeder and the board just hanging the carrot  to keep us quiet for now.   Are they just pushing us to one side until the summer when the big clear out happens and the new look norwich with the new look badge appears for pre season training, with a brand new kit, that we have to pay 40-50 quid for, on top of the £365 season ticket we buy for next year.so i want to know if we are not getting any other payer in they why the hell dont we just pay the 125k for taylor and get him here????i also dont like the fact that evrey day another tale comes out of carrow road saying that another player joining today or 2 or 3 by the next game, thats this forum, radio norfolk, the evening news, or radio broadland news before anyone asks for sources. But it always turns out to be another story that isnt true. or it doesnt happen. This has even come from Roeders own mouth on the news on the radio, So if the deal doesnt happen then why doesnt City tell us who they almost signed so that we can get an idea on their ambition? and see where they are trying to go with the team and playing styles. Like everyone else i want whats best for norwich but i really dont see that happening right now and i see the 31 days of the January transfer window wasted.  but of course, 2 days to go and by midnight on thursday we never know. Finger crossed for saturdays game

[quote user="cityangel"]You''ve forgottom young Ryan from Chelsea.[/quote]sorry dude,  and young Ryan.,  hes a good aquisition too.  thanks for pointing that out.

you do know you bought more players than half the league so far? so its not as bad as it seems. and plus at least 80% business is done on 1st jan and 31st jan so start to moan on friday if nothing. no point doing it now before end of window

It will all kick off in the final 48 hours.

I predict a late splurge.

But I could be wrong

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="cityangel"]You''ve forgottom young Ryan from Chelsea.[/quote]

Who''s not ours and will have to go back.

[/quote]

Just the point I have been making for a week or more ''Wiz''.  Yes loan players do a job, but they are not ours, and will have to go back, and unless we get more permanent signings in we will be left with a smaller squad than before we had the loan players.  I admire GR as a manager and he has so far done a great job with the players he has at his disposal, and we have to give him time to get the right players in for the club.

What has got on my nerves is the ''we will probably'' be getting players in.  They are either coming or not. [;)]  Sorta like saying well I have an icecream, I might lick it, I might not lol.

Well GR has a few days, however I am not holding my breath for anymore permanent signings, and maybe one or two more loans.

[quote user="ricardo"]

It will all kick off in the final 48 hours.

I predict a late splurge.

But I could be wrong

[/quote]

It''s a long time since I''ve had a late splurge, I''m usually asleep by 11 nowadays!

[quote]Yes loan players do a job, but they are not ours, and will have to go

back, and unless we get more permanent signings in we will be left with

a smaller squad than before we had the loan players.  I admire GR as a

manager and he has so far done a great job with the players he has at

his disposal, and we have to give him time to get the right players in

for the club.[/quote]What''s the difference ?  You still have to pay a fee for a loan player, you still have to pay their wages, the only thing you miss is the ability to sell them on.  Any permanent signings are likely to cost an arm and a leg in January, as the teams looking to buy are usually desperate to land their men, the window creates an artificial deadline, making it a sellers'' market.  Even Scunnys'' forwards aren''t for sale at the moment !  Why not get better value for money in the Summer ?

surely it would be better to make permanent signings then, rather than go through the motions with loanees year after year.