Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

Taylor signing unlikely.

[quote user="canarygeorge"]

It''s getting close to the mid-day deadline for todays signing !

Glenn said he''s got 1st refusal on an Arsenal player who is very young. My guess is it would be 1 of these 3, 17 year olds.

Gavin Hoyte, defender, no games so far.

Henri Lansbury, midfielder,1 sub. app. L./Cup.

Nacer Barazite,Dutch midfielder, 2 sub apps, L./cup. 

[/quote]

I read somewhere once that Lansbury use to train with us as a youngster before Arsenal snapped him up, I wouldn''t be surprised if it was him.

[quote user="Bobert"]

You know I have never earned £25,000 in a year of my life and at times I have been the most qualified guy in my profession in the country. £250,0000 would have been more than 10 years earnings so lets stuff this "penny pinching" and "measly £250,000".

The sum involved is a great deal of money and let us not forget it![:D]

[/quote]

I can''t believe your comparing yourself to a football club......£250.000 is nothing in todays game.  chelsea and the sort wipe thier arse with £250.000!

I think that Brum wanted him to go early in January so that they could pocket the money and get others in. As they have no other backup plan now, they have decided to keep him untill the summer and get rid of him and have enough time to get one in.

Or, GR is playing hardball too much and we have lost him either because of the board not having the funds or GR not wanting to pay that much.

More than likely a bit of both, but we all knew that he would not come after he had not signed by the end of the first week of January.

Lets get him out of our system, get another one in and forget him. But lets not still be posting about this all the way thrpugh February.

[quote user="The Drop"]Roeder says a deal is unlikely even if Birmingham make signings and we wont get him for free in the summer either his contract runs for another year at least .Bad result for City caused by penny pinching over a measly £250,000 well done the management and board . I await the signing of some more unknown kids on loan with great excitement , if we end up going down nobody can say we dont deserve it.[/quote]

It may be that the quarter of a million isn''t the real problem....

It could be that he wants Premiership wages and we seem to be skint ( allegedly ).... 

Birmingham don''t look like they are getting Cahill so unless they get any other defenders in before Thursday it looks like Tiny is staying put.

Hopefully that will be the end of all the Taylor threads!

[quote user="biggleyellow"]

I think that Brum wanted him to go early in January so that they could pocket the money and get others in. As they have no other backup plan now, they have decided to keep him untill the summer and get rid of him and have enough time to get one in.

Or, GR is playing hardball too much and we have lost him either because of the board not having the funds or GR not wanting to pay that much.

More than likely a bit of both, but we all knew that he would not come after he had not signed by the end of the first week of January.

Lets get him out of our system, get another one in and forget him. But lets not still be posting about this all the way thrpugh February.

[/quote]Spot on. Perhaps the sent him out of loan to get his fitness up and some match practice thinking he might be needed due to unforseen injuries + african cup of nations. He had a good loan period and saw that he was wanted by a couple of club so the thought they could sell him and get a new player in. Unfortuneatly for them he only wanted to go to norwich and norwich didn''t want to bid too high so they thought, we don''t need to sell him that much and so they''re prolly going to wait now.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Birmingham don''t look like they are getting Cahill so unless they get any other defenders in before Thursday it looks like Tiny is staying put.

[/quote]

OK, if you stop posting about ''your Hucks''.

Deal?  

OTBC 

Birmingham have upped their bid for Cahill so maybe theres still hope.

Just seen this on the BBC site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/7215597.stm

Looks like he''s staying unless a miracle happens.

We need to move on and find someone else.

Plenty more fish in the sea

I''ve heard that Billy the fish is a good player

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

OK, if you stop posting about ''your Hucks''.

Deal?  

[/quote]

I dont start any threads about Hucks and only post in Hucks threads to defend him.