Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

Taylor signing unlikely.

Glenn Roeder said this morning that Tiny was very unlikely to be signing this week. bugger.

He did say that there could be 3-4 players hopefully coming in, maybe 1 today.

Heard this on Radio Norfolk at 10.20 a.m.

Oh well - Shacks and Doc are going the business at the moment, get a loan in as cover, say Justin Hoyte from Arsenal ?.. and get Tiny in on a free in the summer.  Sounds like pretty good business to me.

[quote user="we8wba"]

comes on back of news on www.teamtalk.com saying cahill is going to bolton for 5m

obviously birmingham missed out on him, causing the chain reaction

[/quote]Looks that way, doesn''t it? It''s a big shame if we do miss out on him, but a striker is far more important. We need a goalscorer more than we need a defender.

[quote user="we8wba"]

comes on back of news on www.teamtalk.com saying cahill is going to bolton for 5m

obviously birmingham missed out on him, causing the chain reaction

[/quote]McLeish is still trying to bring a centre half in if this is anything to go by...Birmingham boss McLeish checks on Cianitribalfootball.com - January 27, 2008Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish is planning an offer for Lorient''s powerful French centre-half Michael Ciani.Big Eck flew to watch Ciani in action against champions Lyon and may move in for the 23 year old.

[quote user="canarygeorge"]

Glenn Roeder said this morning that Tiny was very unlikely to be signing this week. bugger.

He did say that there could be 3-4 players hopefully coming in, maybe 1 today.

Heard this on Radio Norfolk at 10.20 a.m.

[/quote]I wonder who the mystery signing for today will be..... [:o]

I have to say I am somewhat disappointed by the news this morning, but not suprised at all.  Another day of break the bad news, then follow it up with a ''possible'' signing today, if I didn''t know the club by now Id be jumping up and down in temper at the lack of transfer business being done once again.  But I have to laugh right now because for this club lately it''s nothing new.

It''s all very well getting rid of the dead wood, bringing in ''loan'' players (who will leave eventually), and not replacing them, but, what on earth happens if we get two or three injuries, god forbid?  Just a theoretical question, but it may happen.

I am fast losing patience and belief in GR I have to say, but that''s probably because I feel a tad let down that the thought of him bringing in two or three players as was suggested has not happened.  We have 1 permanent signing and the rest are loans.

Renew our season tickets before March?   I don''t think so [:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Then I have to question Glens judgement on this unfortunatly!.[:(][/quote]

I agree that Glenn shouldn''t pay over his own valuation for a player and therefore from that perspective, he''s right not to budge. However I would question his valuation and personally think that Â£1m is a fair price for Taylor. He''s commanding at the back and scored more goals whilst on loan than Chris Brown managed! If Cahill is going for £4-5m, then surely Tiny is worth more than £750k?

I just wonder whether this morning''s quotes are the latest round of fun and games between him and Brady. An attempt to appear that he''s effectively thrown in the towel in public. I''m sure Brum are just as keen to ship him out as we would be to have him here so how does their position change when Taylor''s one concrete option appears to have gone?

One thing''s for sure, I wouldn''t wanna play poker against Glenn

this is v bad news, why we didn''t just up our bid when we could have got him?!

But then saying that getting him free in the summer would be very sweet! I still think a striker is more of a priority

It''s getting close to the mid-day deadline for todays signing !

Glenn said he''s got 1st refusal on an Arsenal player who is very young. My guess is it would be 1 of these 3, 17 year olds.

Gavin Hoyte, defender, no games so far.

Henri Lansbury, midfielder,1 sub. app. L./Cup.

Nacer Barazite,Dutch midfielder, 2 sub apps, L./cup. 

So much for all the talk of 3 or 4 signings. Glenn has done wonders with this squad but i dont think its good enough to  be certain of survival especiaally given injuries etc. So I really question Glenns judgement on not signing Tiny as I suspect the majority of fans do. It really isnt worth the risk of just 250K extra to secure him.

Well its Glenns decision because if we dont avoid the drop he will be given the chop

Roeder says a deal is unlikely even if Birmingham make signings and we wont get him for free in the summer either his contract runs for another year at least .Bad result for City caused by penny pinching over a measly £250,000 well done the management and board . I await the signing of some more unknown kids on loan with great excitement , if we end up going down nobody can say we dont deserve it.

[quote user="CJ"]

So much for all the talk of 3 or 4 signings. Glenn has done wonders with this squad but i dont think its good enough to  be certain of survival especiaally given injuries etc. So I really question Glenns judgement on not signing Tiny as I suspect the majority of fans do. It really isnt worth the risk of just 250K extra to secure him.

Well its Glenns decision because if we dont avoid the drop he will be given the chop

[/quote]CJ, even if we met Birminghams'' asking price, they still don''t have cover for their own first team central defenders - they were in for Cahill from Villa but it looks like he''s going to Bolton.  They won''t sell Taylor to us unless they get another central defender in.

[quote user="blahblahblah"].. and get Tiny in on a free in the summer.  Sounds like pretty good business to me.
[/quote]

I think Taylor would still have 2 years left on his Brum contract. Someone else posted he was out of contract in the summer but I think that''s incorrect

is he out contract in summer or not? many are saying he is! but someone told me he signed new contract last summer

can someone confirm it one way or another? cheers

You know I have never earned £25,000 in a year of my life and at times I have been the most qualified guy in my profession in the country. £250,0000 would have been more than 10 years earnings so lets stuff this "penny pinching" and "measly £250,000".

The sum involved is a great deal of money and let us not forget it![:D]

Garden path, bullshit and mushrooms comes to mind. Roeder may be a new manager but the bullshit coming out of Carrow Road has not changed. And on top the the banker want us to sign up for next season.

"Birmingham City defender Martin Taylor has penned a new long-term contract that will keep him at St Andrew''s until the end of the 2009-10 campaign."

There you go.

im not spurised.. i wont blame Roeder... im still convinced the money just isnt there...  the "new signings" will be loans.. mark my words.

jas :)

I think this is all part of the game between City and Brum.

First we had the QPR £1million bid, with Brady saying we had to match it if we wanted Tiny.

Then West Brom were supposed to be in for him - of course they weren''t really, were they Karren?

Now Glenn says we''ll try again in the summer, we can''t do a deal this week.

Of course, the last thing Brum want is to pay another 6 months wages to

a player McLeish doesn''t fancy in his team - it would cost them over

£300,000, that''s more than they''re holding out for. On Norwich''s side,

if they bank the money they would have paid Taylor between now and

August, it makes the available cash up to £1million - magic!

I think this is Roeder''s message to Brady - if you don''t want to be stuck with Tiny then deal NOW!

Of course, I might be wrong...

[quote user="Bobert"]

You know I have never earned £25,000 in a year of my life and at times I have been the most qualified guy in my profession in the country. £250,0000 would have been more than 10 years earnings so lets stuff this "penny pinching" and "measly £250,000".

[/quote]

With all due respect, it''s a fairless pointless argument comparing yourself to a football club with a multi-million pound turnover. £2 may be a small amount to you but it''s alot to my young daughter so it''s all relative.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="CJ"]

[/quote]

CJ, even if we met Birminghams'' asking price, they still don''t have cover for their own first team central defenders - they were in for Cahill from Villa but it looks like he''s going to Bolton.  They won''t sell Taylor to us unless they get another central defender in.
[/quote]

Sorry to be pedantic but surely they are willing to sell because they accepted an offer from QPR.  Not that it makes much difference to me, other arears of thwe pitch need attention more urgently than CB and only cover is needed for now.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

Sorry to be pedantic but surely they are willing to sell because they accepted an offer from QPR.  Not that it makes much difference to me, other arears of thwe pitch need attention more urgently than CB and only cover is needed for now.

[/quote]Surely there''s a difference between an agreement in principle and a transfer ?  I''m fairly sure that I heard that QPRs'' chairman lives next door to Karen Brady.  I wonder if that had anything to do with their "offer".  I thoroughly agree though, we need a 20 goal a season man, pronto.

[quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

I''m now intrigued as to what profession you do????  Do tell!

[quote user="3canaries"]

I''m now intrigued as to what profession you do????  Do tell![/quote]

Look at the evidence....a profession where even the national expert earns less than £25K coupled to that avatar.....

I bet it''s designing and manufacturing fruit-based helmets for animals.