Sign in to follow this  
Worcester Yellow

Canary Crest

Just read on Evening News the club are planning or thinking about changing the badge/crest.

I grew up with that badge and would be gutted if they change it... it is Norwich City.

What do others think? Time for a change or stick with our heritage?

altho i do love the badge and all the old tradition around the club i cant help feel our badge can sometimes look a bit naf next to others. arsenal reinvaented theirs a while ago and i think leeds may hav, it always seems to look quite new. all it would take is adding abit of shading round the edges, keeping all the key parts. jst get it looking a bit more modern, more somthing created on photoshop than a stick on tattoo u may get in a chewing gum

I totally agree, I don''t see the point in changing it.  They are talking about it as if the crest is just part of a branding exercise.  Well I say Norwich City FC isn''t a brand it''s a way of life.  A new crest won''t attract more supporters, investors or players, all it will do is help break the spirit that the club has.  They brought the new crest in because there was controversy over a changing crest that was sponsered by esso, surely they should''ve learnt from that experience and realise that the supporters want history and continuity and not brand loyalty.

Why change it? What a load of gumf...."does it promote the club in the way we want it to?!" Load of crap if you ask me.

How do they want the club to be represented? Will Delia''s face replace the ball? Will A knife and Fork replace the canary? Oven mitts instead of the castle and lion?

Leave it...dont mess with it! Poor souls who have a tatoo must be bricking it!

Can''t believe that the Board have this as an item to be discussed.  Surely there are more important things to discuss, such as staying in the Championship and how they are going to provide Roeder with the funds he needs.

I would like to see it updated, but not changed. Just make it look more modern and 3D like some of the new badges (i.e. pomeys'').

no way will they change it, surely? It''s part of NCFC history and let''s keep it that way.

wolves seemed to change it every year in 90s which was annoying

i think the fans need to see it first before just putting it on the shirts.

if everyone doesnt like it theyll change it next year meaning you''ll have to shed out another 40squid for new footie shirt

but maybe its right change for the new look norwich?

but fans need to see it first! and not keep it hidden till shirts out

I wouldn''t want them to change the club badge. Its simple &

clear. Although I''d like them to change the typeface they use for ''Norwich City Football Club'' at the ground and on all merchandise. It''s not been around all that long & is pretty cheap & nasty. In fact it''s a bit twee & provincial. Not the image we need.

Maybe it''s just an ''ickle'' diversion and deflecting tactic, used by successive Governments'' to take the heat off ''other matters''?

What''s next? ID cards for all ''True Supporters''?

What exactly would be the point in changing it? Or updating it? I too could wonder cynically whether the board don''t have more pressing issues to become involved with at this time, but hey I suppose they think this is progress?

As for leaving the decision to the fans - that''s a bit of a cop out isn''t it? Can you all remember the all yellow kit a few years back, and the campaign in the local paper for green shorts? Maybe the board are going for this kind of action again. They should have learnt then.

Of course the badge has changed over the years, I remember a slightly different badge when I first started going to games, but I think I now remain firmly in the "if it ain''t broke, don''t fix it" camp. Is this an age thing, probably, but there you go.

The kit itself changes every couple of years. Can''t we leave it at that, what next, a new name for Carrow Road or, heaven forbid, new name for the Barclay?

as a graphic design/illustration graduate I have to say I think our current badge is an awesome piece of design. It makes refences to the city (the castle), the country (the lion), the nickname (the canary) and football (the ball), all whilst looking sleek and timeless. It''s also very simple and understated. I like it.Don''t change it!

I don''t see any reason for changing it, but there isn''t any harm in having some new crest''s designed and then putting it out in the public domain for people to look at, you never know someone may design one which people like more, just so long as the option remains to keep the old one I see no harm.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Dont panic. The board intend to put the final decision to the fans[/quote]Secret Squirrel, repeat, Secret Squirrel.  There is a mole in the garden.  Repeat.  There is a mole in the garden.

lol so the club will leave the final decision to the fans, is that wise after the truly disastrous effort that is now the run out song?  We could end up with anything on the badge.

If it aint broke, don''t try and fix it.

I vote, keep the original [:D]

[quote user="Cosmic Twin"]

Keep it exactly as it is!

(I spent hours as a youngster perfecting how to draw that canary!)

[/quote]Haha, me too. I can draw the current badge in my sleep - even the really difficult squiggly bits on the lion.Absolutely no need to change the badge at all in my mind - ever. I think all the new ones that clubs like Arsenal have smack of big corporate graphic design branding, rather than traditional football emblems.

Waste of time, waste of money & it won''t help us play any better.

It''s just another totally uneccesary diversion to distact us from other things - they must think we''ve all just got off the boat.

[quote user="West One Canary"]I wouldn''t want them to change the club badge. Its simple &

clear. Although I''d like them to change the typeface they use for ''Norwich City Football Club'' at the ground and on all merchandise. It''s not been around all that long & is pretty cheap & nasty. In fact it''s a bit twee & provincial. Not the image we need.[/quote]Agreed, that font is tacky and dated whereas the club badge is an example of good classical design.  Leave it alone and concentrate on more important matters!

What the hell is going on at our club?

In a season where we''re flirting with relegation and seemingly have very little cash available, our board are spending our money on branding agencies.  This is a football club, not a local government department.  As someone said earlier, this smacks of Labour-esque diversion policies.  I''m appalled.

The issue at our club is not lack of supporters so why would it need even think about changing the logo?

What''s next?  A new brand name?  Team Norwich.  FC Canaries. 

This just about sums things up.

Fans usual reaction to change is negative but  we have all changed with the game over the last 20 years, so I wouldn''t be against changing the badge if it was a strong enough design. I''d like to see the badge ''toughened up'' to reflect the battling attitude and future direction of the club. I do think the canary at present is just tooo nice and too harmless.

It''s an outrage!! The club badge is a thing of beauty, keep it as it is. Why do numpties in suits at football clubs come up with balls like this and trample all over tradition wherever possible? It can serve only one purpose, as it will always get fans backs up. Idiots idiots idiots.