Sign in to follow this  
chxboy

Last nights game!

Just a few points about the game last night before people get carried away. Yes we got 3 points but it was daylight robbery & unless we strengthen the squad then we are going to be found out. I cannot remember such a one sided game & clearly the Saints left their shooting boots at home. We could have easily lost by 3 or 4 goals as their finishing was comical whilst our goal led a charmed life. I could be positive and say we held out & didn''t collapse like in previous games, but really we were so so fortunate to get anything out of that game.

Let us all hope that GR has a master plan & come Thursday night there are some decent new faces at Carrow rd. You really cannot build a team on loan players, it simply does not work long term. I fear the second half of the season is going to be very long...

[quote user="chxboy"]

Just a few points about the game last night before people get carried away. Yes we got 3 points but it was daylight robbery & unless we strengthen the squad then we are going to be found out. I cannot remember such a one sided game & clearly the Saints left their shooting boots at home. We could have easily lost by 3 or 4 goals as their finishing was comical whilst our goal led a charmed life. I could be positive and say we held out & didn''t collapse like in previous games, but really we were so so fortunate to get anything out of that game.

Let us all hope that GR has a master plan & come Thursday night there are some decent new faces at Carrow rd. You really cannot build a team on loan players, it simply does not work long term. I fear the second half of the season is going to be very long...

[/quote]

may I remind of the 2 points dropped against leicester? also daylight robbery, what goes around comes around.

[quote user="chxboy"]

I cannot remember such a one sided game & clearly the Saints left their shooting boots at home.

[/quote]

Did you go to the Leicester game?[:|]

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="chxboy"]

[/quote]

may I remind of the 2 points dropped against leicester? also daylight robbery, what goes around comes around.

[/quote]

Exactly! There always seems to be something to moan about. The stats for last night show that Norwich had the majority of the possession and Southampton weren''t the only the only team to hit the woodwork. Makes a change for the luck to go with us rather than against.

I didn''t make the Leicester game and accept that was all one way traffic. And I am aware that we should be pleased with the way we have dug in for a change. But last night they had 26 chances with 4 on target, so lets face it if they were half decent it would have been a cricket score. Yes the possession was equal but we simply did not do anything with it.

Anyway I am delighted we have scraped 3 points when earlier in the season we would have lost heavily, so I ain''t going to moan. But lets not kid ourselves there''s along way to go.

Let us hope we sign a striker because last night we started with a soon to be retired player & soon to be returned to their club striker, and we all know Cureton aint the same player as last year.

Fingers crossed.

[quote user="chxboy"]

But last night they had 26 chances with 4 on target, so lets face it if they were half decent it would have been a cricket score. Yes the possession was equal but we simply did not do anything with it.

[/quote]

Did you go to the game last night, if so how many of those 26 chances were hopeful shots from outside the box? How many goals do you expect teams to score in this way? If you can limit a team to taking the majority of their shots from 20 yards or further you won''t concede many goals, especially at this level. We probably did as much with our possession as they did theirs in terms of creating realistic chances.

That''s 3 wins from the last 4 away so we must be doing something right.

It''s the home fans I feel sorry for [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="chxboy"]

But last night they had 26 chances with 4 on target, so lets face it if they were half decent it would have been a cricket score. Yes the possession was equal but we simply did not do anything with it.

[/quote]

Did you go to the game last night, if so how many of those 26 chances were hopeful shots from outside the box? How many goals do you expect teams to score in this way? If you can limit a team to taking the majority of their shots from 20 yards or further you won''t concede many goals, especially at this level. We probably did as much with our possession as they did theirs in terms of creating realistic chances.

That''s 3 wins from the last 4 away so we must be doing something right.

It''s the home fans I feel sorry for [;)]

[/quote]

Agreed NN, a lot of those chances were hopeful efforts because largely the Doc and Shackell were very solid.  The Wight-Phillips & Idiakez efforts spring to mind that probably ended up in my back garden two miles from the stadium.

Saints can feel a bit unlucky but we deserved the points for a great defensive display and the perfect smash and grab away win.

Another good display from Croft as well, lets hope he keeps it up.

i do agree with Chx to some extent.. Southampton on another day would of P***ed all over us.

we rode our luck and were perhaps fortunate not to have Doc sent off. Remember Spurs had Andy Dawson sent off for EXACTLY the same thing on sunday...

the balooned penalty was also a signal that lady luck was smiling on us and add that to the fact they hit the post twice on anothe rday we wouldnt of been so lucky.

We Also didnt create enough chances ourselves.. 1-0 is never enough and we needed to kill Southampton off which another goal would of done... We wont get that much Luck again with missed chances!

still, long may the decent form continue, and if we can get a permanent striker (i still want Bobby Zamora here!) we should finish off teams no problem

jas :)