Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

DISSERTATION HELP!

Hi guys, do any of you know where I can find some information on how football teams are helping the environment (Carbon-neutral, Eco-Friendly etc etc). I know Ipswich have done something but can''t seem to find anything?

(P.S. Webteam, could you possibly pin this up for a couple of days, thank you)

I cant remember the team but i do recall there being a non league team that built a new stadium out of bio products (a la wood) and the roof had a grass top to reduce carbon emmisions and stuff. im sure if you look it up you might find something. but it the best i can offer.

hope it helps.... somehow

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Hi guys, do any of you know where I can find some information on how football teams are helping the environment (Carbon-neutral, Eco-Friendly etc etc). I know Ipswich have done something but can''t seem to find anything?

(P.S. Webteam, could you possibly pin this up for a couple of days, thank you)

[/quote]

Possibly you''re referring to the fact that they are RECYCLING debt.

David James, the Pompey keeper, is a key proponent of making football carbon neutral. he''s got bio-fuel cars and i think he offsets all his away trips.

Environmentalism is a huge scam.  Global warming is much ado about nothing. Think of it this way: You go for a run in the park, where there are a bunch of people playing soccer.  By the end of the day, how much has all that body heat in such a limited area changed the temperature of the park.  NONE.

OR, look at the earth using satellite pics.  Note how far you have to zoom in to even recognize anything man made.  It is ridiculous to think we have much or any affect on the planet''s climate.  We are like an ant hill in Wembly.  Will that ant hill EVER make the temperature rise?  NO!

Well City have certainly recycled lots of dead wood over the past couple of seasons.

And Earnshaw when he was here did his bit by driving around in a Hummer. Most other pros drive similarly fuel-efficient vehicles!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Environmentalism is a huge scam.  Global warming is much ado about nothing. Think of it this way: You go for a run in the park, where there are a bunch of people playing soccer.  By the end of the day, how much has all that body heat in such a limited area changed the temperature of the park.  NONE.

OR, look at the earth using satellite pics.  Note how far you have to zoom in to even recognize anything man made.  It is ridiculous to think we have much or any affect on the planet''s climate.  We are like an ant hill in Wembly.  Will that ant hill EVER make the temperature rise?  NO!

[/quote]

And your qualified to come to that conclusion Houston Canary? thats a typical response from an American, it is your governments ignorance which is preventing serious measures being taken against climate change, every environmental protocol in the last 20 years has been scrapped/amended because of you lot. You are aware that America have the second highest CO2 emmissions in the world?

As for your project matey, I would consider using Norwich City Football club as a bad example. I cant state why, but a trip to Colney right now (and then in a months time), with a little bit of deep thought and you will see a bad example. (i cant say anymore than constructions works, and use of that construction).

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

Are you being serious?

Anyway thanks for everyone who has helped!