Sign in to follow this  
DBLUE

Ched Evans?

Hi There. Man City fan here. Hope you don’t mind me

posting on your forum?

Anyway, ive just popped in to ask your thoughts on our little starlet Ched.

How’s he progressing for you lot? He looked a class above the rest in our

reserves and youth''s but playing competitive football is completely different.

Do you

think he has what it takes to play in the Premiership? or is he just another

Huckerby destined to be a good Championship player?

There’s a

good chance he could come back to us if we don’t manage

to sign anyone. We have 6 of our strikers currently out on loan with our 2 of our main strikers currently injured which is just

crazy. Which leaves us with Mpenza and Vassell (poor mans Hucks).

Cheers

Hi,I think he definitely has the potential to be a future Premiership player although i think it may be too soon for him yet!!I really hope we can keep him as it would benefit both clubs.  I think he''ll score plenty more for us if he stays the season but may struggle a bit in the Preiership this season and this may dent his confidence!!thanks for the loan though and i''m 100% sure he''ll return to you a better player than when he left you.

With Sturridge coming back from his injury and scoring at the weekend. Sven might opt to leave Ched at your place.I personally hopes hes stays with you. I cant see him getting many chances for us this season so it would be a bit pointless.

[quote user="DBLUE"]

Hi There. Man City fan here. Hope you don’t mind me posting on your forum?

Anyway, ive just popped in to ask your thoughts on our little starlet Ched.

How’s he progressing for you lot? He looked a class above the rest in our reserves and youth''s but playing competitive football is completely different.

Do you think he has what it takes to play in the Premiership? or is he just another Huckerby destined to be a good Championship player?

There’s a good chance he could come back to us if we don’t manage to sign anyone. We have 6 of our strikers currently out on loan with our 2 of our main strikers currently injured which is just crazy. Which leaves us with Mpenza and Vassell (poor mans Hucks).

Cheers

[/quote]

Always welcome on here mate.

Good timing with your post seeing as though Ched''s goal gave us 3 points last night. He''s looked lively and I think Roeder is using him well i.e. not necessarily flogging him for 90 minutes each and every week. I thought his form dipped towards the end of his first loan spell but he''s scored a couple more since coming back - something we''ve had big problems with.

I see Cardiff were rumoured to be bidding £600K for him. If I were Sven I''d hold on to him - would be hard to say if he''ll make the step up to premiership but I wouldn''t be cashing in on him yet.

How about Sturridge? Where does he fit in in relation to Ched?

Hello DBLUE, and welcome.

I''m sure he''s not ready for the Prem. yet. Maybe next season or the season after. He shows promise, but needs more experience. He is getting games here and that must be better than the occaisional reserve team run-out for your team.

Hope Sven can find you a good striker or two, he is certainly looking everywhere.

Good luck, George.

iv been more impressed with ishmael miller, but then evans is less experienced and only playing his 1st full 90mins professionally ever

he doing good job for norwich, if i was city i would loan him champ side next season as well then take him back and assess him then

He has a lot of learning to do but looks like a player with a lot of natural ability and good technique, I think the loaning of him will benefit both clubs.

agreed.. Evans looks like he could do well for a prem club.. doubt he''d be a 30 goal a sason man but is capable of making an impact.. could do with beefing up a bit to present more of a pyshical threat though...

jas :)

[quote user="Stevo"]How about Sturridge? Where does he fit in in relation to Ched?[/quote]Sturridge is by far the most technically gifted of the two, he can do all the tricks as well. I dont really know if i can compare the two as i''ve not seen much of Ched. Sturridge''s main weekness for me is that he doesnt pass the ball when he should, but he''ll learn that after a while.

He''s going to be a very good player, no doubt about that. He puts me in mind of Nipper Lawrence, if anyone remembers him!

I know this would suit us, but Sven might be doing him a favour by letting him stay here until the end of this season and even letting him stay out all next season as well.

I guess Ched''s biggest challenge now will be in his head-is he going to go all "big time Charlie" and think he''s made it-maybe he will if he gets into Man City''s first team anytime soon-or does Sven (and Glenn) give him time to continue proving himself and that he can, and will, make it at a higher level?

I doubt it-he seems very level headed and won''t, I hope, be another Danny Cadamarteri and all those other young players who came along and looked the business...but ended up plodding down the leagues.

He won''t be a phenomenal goalscorer, but he''s good for 12-15 a season at least, and a fast/mobile striker playing off him will benefit. He isn''t the biggest but he''s strong and can hold the ball up well-if he does get a bit bigger/stronger, he''ll be a hell of a player-strength AND pace, quite a combination!

Good luck to him and Man City.

Question for you-where have Petrov and Elano "gone"???

Well i think he is as promising as Dean Ashton at the same age only quicker.

When his frame beefs up he will be your centre forward.

But hes not ready yet... you would do best to leave him here currently.

Incidentally... when I managed a top Under 8''s team a kid who was under 8 played for a rubbish under 10 team in a five a side.

He won the tournament for them single handed at under 10... I never saw anything like it... blocked.. dribbled .. shot .. goal... literally single handed.

His name... Danny Sturridge.

I reckoned he would play for England then... and Im almost certain now !

Hello and welcome,

I agree with most of the above. I saw Ched against Charlton. He made a lively start then somewhat faded. He may not have full 90 minutes in him yet, but even so he scored match winners for us, for which he deserves much praise.  At 18 it is hard to tell how good he can get, but he definitely has potential -- and also a lot to learn. Roader, Dublin will be undoubtedly good influences.  With Sturridge around, whose goal was pretty impressive against Sheffield, I would not hurry calling him back. (But at this board we''re all a bit biased, aren''t we.) Anyway, in the past, loan seasons in Norwich made no harm to the the likes of Peter Crouch and David Bentley.

Ched Evans is destined to be the new Ian Rush in terms of style and appearence.

Having him at norwich gaining experience is a win - win for both Clubs.

I would be happy if you sold him to us and would value him at 1.5m.

I have been to the Barnsley, scunthorpe and Southampton games and what i have seeen of Ched i have not been impressed.

He looks lazy he dosent work well with Dion but he is a hell of a lot better than Jamie C. He has a good finsh but lacks concentration and lacks alot of strength at least 2 or 3 times last night he got shoved off the ball too easily.

I think he can be a good player but he does need to work harder.

OTBC