Sign in to follow this  
Archie

news of the world - delia wants di canio

Really shouldn''t read to much into it! Even if it was based on some sort of truth, he''s to old and will be far to expensive! Also be very suprised if players bought in are Delia''s choices rather than Worthy''s. Having said this i never thought Huckerby would be bought in. So who knows.

Perhaps she''s seen the advert for bath foam where the woman in the bath has a fantasy about Di Canio joining her in her bathroom wearing just his pants! Not sure if I can see the appeal, but each to his (or her) own, hey?!

No way!
The club has a good team spirit by all accounts, the last thing we need is a washed up primadonna with an over inflated ego.

Worthy expects players to respect his authority (to quote Eric Cartman)
How long before Di Canio throws his toys out of the pram?
Bad idea.

dnt think he would throw them outta pram...think he respects managers and players alike and would certainly want to do well down here.bad temprement problem at ONE time..hence the extremely hilarious incident for wen he was at sheff wednesday...but would like him here.

I am really against aging stars coming here, but I actually think Di Canio is an exception, what anyone thinks of him, he is not a freeloader and certainly is real class. However, why is he not staying at Charlton?

he is certainly in the same class as Zola, and he is like 39, and apparently chelsea want him back! some players have such a good understanding of the game, like di canio, that their age and lack of pace doesn''t matter so much. i think we should definately look into him. his temperament is actually first class, and i really think people need to get over the old pushing the ref over thing. since then, he hasn''t really looked temperamental, and i think he could bring good spirit to the club. the players would most probably think "wow, we are playing with paolo di canio, how cool and surreal..."

Di canio is no primadonna. every club he has played fr he has shown great passion for, and has curbed his temperament since the ill-fated "incident" years ago. far from causing schisms in the squad, i think he would give us the mixture of topflight experience and pure passion which we will need. he would be a great inspiration and role model for the younger members of the squad. he wouldnt be able to start every game but he has been a model professional in the past few years

Big presumption here that Delia''s talking football its a News of the World story - could mean anything!

Maybe she''s after a younger man and Paulo might be missing Mamma''s home cooking - could be a match made in heaven.

Might upset MWJ though - imagine he''s quite a sight when he''s angry - a bit like the Hulk but yellow and green instead. lol.

I would think we are a bit too far from the smoke for Paulo though.

Apparantley, Di Canio is first class in training and we all know he wears his heart on his sleeve. If we got one player of his age and experience it would be ok. Its when clubs get too many in they struggle.(Bradford.Leeds etc). I say go for it....

As I started a thread rubbishing forign or old players signing for City, I feel slightly silly writing this.

The more I think about signing Di Canio, the more I like it. He still keeps very fit, and has a razor sharp footballing brain. Thinking of how he would compliment Hucks, fair makes my old mouth water.

But surely his wage demands would be far too high for us, yes?. Proberly end up with Smeggy at West Brom I suspect!.

Blimey Wiz! Are you going soft? An older player who''s forign who you would like to sign! ;-) It''s nice to see more of you these days. I know you have had a hectic few months, but it''s good to see you back on the board

DD: I agree, it is a bit of a turn around for me, its just having thought about it, I liked the idea, whats your viewpoint on this?.

I''d like him. Although he''s getting on a bit he obviosuly still keeps his fitness levels up. I would have two reservations though:

1) Temprement. I know he''s always been a bit firey. Would Worthy be able to handle this. Of course the flip side would be that it could have a positive effect on the dressing room atmosphere and the croud. Such a personality could gee everybody up. Possibly a "Huckerby effect", griping the whole city?

2) Wages. I think this would be the biggest stumbling block. He''s probably been on 20K+ for the last 10 years!! I''m not sure if we could afford this and I doubt he would want to move here when, like you say, he could go the Baggies and they would probably pay him whatever he wants!

Personally I think it''s just paper talk, up there with Keown, Sheringham and Sherwood. I can''t see it happening but it''s nice to dream.

So Kluivert is available eh!?