Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

MASSIVE, MASSIVE, MASSIVE RESULT!!!!!

This Roeder inspired team have genuine guts and how badly  have I wanted to see this in a Norwich team for ages.

They have forgotten how to lose and tonight went to St. Marys and pulled off a MASSIVE  result.

Why massive? Because it consolodates all those draws and because we have Preston at home next and should we beat them we stop being relegation fighters and begin to be mid-table looking up.

Look at the table. There is genuinely NO outstanding or consistent side and decent teams who had poor first halves of the season like QPR, Preston and ourselves are now beating the teams above them. It is going to be very, very tight with only a few points between ultimate success and failure.

Who knows what may yet happen in the remaining transfer window too.

This is a big night, come on everyone, it''s time to have faith, hope and aspiration.

awesome result, don''t care how we got it, but we did, I had no nails before and have even less now, well done lads.

True that. Think this is the first time for a long time that im no longer worried about relegation.A win this saturday would confirm it for me.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

This Roeder inspired team have genuine guts and how badly  have I wanted to see this in a Norwich team for ages.

They have forgotten how to lose and tonight went to St. Marys and pulled off a MASSIVE  result.

Why massive? Because it consolodates all those draws and because we have Preston at home next and should we beat them we stop being relegation fighters and begin to be mid-table looking up.

Look at the table. There is genuinely NO outstanding or consistent side and decent teams who had poor first halves of the season like QPR, Preston and ourselves are now beating the teams above them. It is going to be very, very tight with only a few points between ultimate success and failure.

Who knows what may yet happen in the remaining transfer window too.

This is a big night, come on everyone, it''s time to have faith, hope and aspiration.

[/quote]

couldnt of put it better myself, well said!

im so happy tonight, glenn roder is a legend :d

cant wait till sat, hopefully get a win, maybe with one or two new players!

ON THE BALL CITY!!!!!!!

Agree with you. Huge boost to confidence, bit of luck involved this evening by the sounds of it but we haven''t had much of that for a while. Preston will be tougher than you think but win that and we can almost start looking forward with some confidence rather than trepidation. Well done lads, great win at a tough place on a Tuesday evening.!!

[quote user="Marty"]awesome result, don''t care how we got it, but we did, I had no nails before and have even less now, well done lads.[/quote]Great result, lovely bums, is there much else? ;-)

Excellent result, sounded like a good solid hard working performance, both Shacks and Doc got good comments from Radio Norfolk, and how great to hear that Roeder puts Hucks on with 20mins to go when  we are one up instead of having 10 players sitting in our own penalty area. Brilliant, it just makes you smile!!!! 

I''ve just listened to it on Radio Solent.How we won that I have no idea. They hit the wood 3 times and missed a penalty.Hah!We had one shot of note and Ched buried it.Good battling, but Saints will be wondering how they lost just as much as I''m wondering how we won.Great stuff!

[quote user="Marty"]awesome result, don''t care how we got it, but we did, I had no nails before and have even less now, well done lads.
[/quote]

Congratulations to Glen and the Boys, we`ve all been huffing and puffing on here about transfers and stuff but Glen has had a clearout and created a team with spirit and belief. How do you quantify that in transfer fees?

Our form in the last 10 games : Won 5 Drawn 5 Lost 0 Goals For 12, Goals Against 6.

To those of us who think we should be miserable - Can we start to enjoy being Norwich fans again now ?

Please ?

The stats do suggest otherwise, messiah - possession 56:44 in our favour, shots on target 8:3 in our favour.  After the Leicester game we deserve the element of fortune that was in the result; that''s 26pts in the last 13 games, a fantastic run by any measure.

We deserve this bit of luck after all the hard work the team have put into recent matchesAnyone got Glen Roeder''s address? I''ve got a love letter to write. [:D]

I know it was shaky at times but stats don''t lie... thoroughly deserved !!

Goal Attempts25 : 16Goal Attempts
On Target3 : 8On Target
Crosses19 : 10Crosses
Corners8 : 8Corners
Offside3 : 2Offside
Fouls18 : 6Fouls
Free kicks9 : 21Free kicks
 Yellow cards2 : 2Yellow cards 
 Red cards- : -Red cards 
% Possession44 : 56

Possession %   

Come on you yellows !!

One more thing -would we have won tonight had we just had to pop down there for the Cup four days ago? Maybe that Bury game was a blessing in disguise after all.........no way I''d trade these points for a 5th round spot.

going to bed a happy man tonight, just wish i had gone down to the game tonight(but lack of funds stopped me) 2 signings and a loan and this will be a great week. heres hoping for that!

I went to St.Marys last night (for the fourth time in recent years) and finally saw Norwich get all three points. Admittedly we rode our luck more than once and if Southampton had better strikers we would have lost.

However, the way the team played for each other, and Roeder, sticking together and grinding out the result was unbelievable. It is something we haven''t seen from Norwich in years. If we keep this mentality then we will not get relegated and should be looking forward to next year. Everyone had a solid game but special mention should go to Marshall, Shackell and Doherty who were excellent all evening. At one point towards the end it felt like the promtion season.

Thanks for restoring the pride Glenn.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

SPat wroteGreat result, lovely bums, is there much else? ;-)

Change your avatar then, old boy, we could give the lads a 21 bum salute!

[/quote]More points, more bums, it''s a fair deal!

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

I went to St.Marys last night (for the fourth time in recent years) and finally saw Norwich get all three points. Admittedly we rode our luck more than once and if Southampton had better strikers we would have lost.

However, the way the team played for each other, and Roeder, sticking together and grinding out the result was unbelievable. It is something we haven''t seen from Norwich in years. If we keep this mentality then we will not get relegated and should be looking forward to next year. Everyone had a solid game but special mention should go to Marshall, Shackell and Doherty who were excellent all evening. At one point towards the end it felt like the promtion season.

[/quote]

good to hear positive comments about our centre backs, they do get some stick from time to time but they did us proud last night.

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]

How fantastic to be reading posts like this. Well done the boys.

Let''s hope Glenn''s promises of some more bodies by Thursday come true. Our first XI looks pretty good now, but the wheels would come off pretty quickly if we had a couple of injuries.

[quote user="Messiah"]I''ve just listened to it on Radio Solent.

How we won that I have no idea. They hit the wood 3 times and missed a penalty.

Hah!

We had one shot of note and Ched buried it.

[/quote]

We had 8 shots on target according to the match stats on the Match Live Console on Canaries World? We were lucky though I must admit!