Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

We dont need Hucks :(

As much as it pains me too say it Hucks is not the player he once was and because of which he isnt as important to our team as he has been. Hucks you are a legend, (nobody can convince me otherwise) but your time is up [:''(]

He may not be the player he once was I agree CT but he still has enough to offer to make him a valuable player at Championship level especially in short bursts.  If we were to release him tomorrow I get the feeling he would attract the interest of several of our rivals.  There is other dead wood to clear before we get to Hucks for my money.

Still can be an important player for us in my opinion.

He isnt as young as he was, he isnt going to cause the same, constant problems he once did, but tonight he sounded like a menace again, rejuvenated, and 30 minute cameos in every gaem from a fit hucks could be very useful indeed!

God knows that he has been a fantastic player for us, but it does seem that the continual fouling/knocks that he has taken throughout his career are catching up with him.  For me the problem is what to do at the end of the season - do we try to keep him on for another year or let him go with our very best wishes? 

With a young family you would imagine he would prefer to stay here rather than ship out to Canada/USA, but he is meant to be the highest paid player (or at least one of the highest) at something like £12k a week, and there has to be a big question mark over whether we can really afford that sort of cost if he is only going to be a bit-part player (of course unless he is willing to take a hefty pay cut). 

I have read quote from him before that he is happy with the money he has made and doesn''t "need" any more, so maybe he would take a pay cut.  But first, let''s see if his leg injury can heal properly, because if it does, he could still dominate the left wing.

The whole ''Huckerby'' situation is perplexing to say the least. Is he injured? Is he lazy? Is he leaving?

Most people seem to think Hucks has been injured recently, but is that really the case? After the Bury debacle, Neil Doncaster told someone I know [when asked if he Hucks was injured] ''No. He''s not injured. He''s just not playing for us.''

At the very least seems to be a lack of trust here. Maybe some people at the club believe his is fit, but he says he isn''t. I think that he''ll never be 100% again, and let''s face it, he almost said as much a year ago. Maybe if he wasn''t costing the club so much money, there wouldn''t be such a concern.

Whatever is going on, he isn''t good enough or has played well enough to start for Norwich, which he knows is true, and Roeder has been correct in his selections. If I were him I''d have 2 years in the US if his body can take it, as I cannot believe he will spend another season at Norwich when he is unlikely to start, and I don''t blame him either. We would all like to see the Hucks of old, but that is very unlikely to happen.

Darren Huckerby is an expensive grand piano in a three bedroom semi. All very well, but what are you going to do with it? NCFC have a similar dilemma.

we need all the players we can get, and with Huckerby able to come off the bench he''s someone well worth having in the team at least til the end of the season, possibly next season too depending on money etc.

[quote user="C.T "]My point didnt come across that well sorry. I fully agree with you Rude Old, the point  you make is what I meant to say.[/quote]

C.T., I see that you have corrected what you intended to say, however, remember it is wise to think about what you want to say BEFORE stating it, because your original input gave a clear impression both in the thread title and the content. It''s kind of like telling the love of your life that she loooks like a grapefruit except with the wrong skin colour, and then putting your arm around her and asking if she would like to retire to the bedouir with you.

When he came on last night, he showed his class - he has been brilliant for the club and can be for next season.  What a ridiculous post from a so-called fan - the idea is to get behind players, especially ones as committed to our club as Hucks.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="C.T "]My point didnt come across that well sorry. I fully agree with you Rude Old, the point  you make is what I meant to say.[/quote]

C.T., I see that you have corrected what you intended to say, however, remember it is wise to think about what you want to say BEFORE stating it, because your original input gave a clear impression both in the thread title and the content. It''s kind of like telling the love of your life that she loooks like a grapefruit except with the wrong skin colour, and then putting your arm around her and asking if she would like to retire to the bedouir with you.

[/quote]

My apologies Sir! [:^)][*-)]