Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

only 9 pionts from play-offs

9 pionts, 17 games, 51 pionts, if we win about 12 games, we could be there, just being hopefull, but i think relegation looks distant (i know were still only 5 pionts off)cumon city :D

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]After Saturday we could be just 4 points behind Town. We will surely overhaul them before the end of the season.[/quote]

Personally I like the idea of leap-frogging them at Portman Rd to climb into the play-off places.

We''re also only 5 points from the drop zone, lets get to above 50 points then look at how high we can finish, above ipswich is always a bonus, which i would love to see this season.

norwich 35pts the bloke said 12wins out of 17 = 36pts

give you total around playoffs average and it will be lower this year around 70 mark i reckon

but you reckon you seriously win 12 out of 17 in this league, im not sure the top teams capable of that let alone norwich. no offence! the league is to tight, undeafted won like palace is possible but form such as what is required is highly very highly unlikely. then you may not even get in

what happend to you guys by way? 5hrs ago half were moaning about the lack of transfers, now you world beaters (to the odd few)

give roeder time, expectancy is pressure look at mccarthy for example, give roeder plenty time and comfort and look for push for next season

by way good result tonight

Why ''here we go''?? ok play off''s are a very long shot but a 10 game unbeaten run looked a very long shot when Glenn took over. As far as i can see these last 3 seasons seem like groundhog day, pre season expectations are dashed by October then everyone comes on here ''right then lets get safe and build for next season'', and thats in bloody October so why not be ambitious, lets bloody go for it, THIS SEASON.

well whats wrong with a positive post, sorry if you all hate the club and think they cant win, go to the binner forum if your being like that, it is a possibility, a team does something like that almost every season, I''m not expecting a play-off place, but it could happen

[quote user="we8wba"]

what happend to you guys by way? 5hrs ago half were moaning about the lack of transfers, now you world beaters (to the odd few)

[/quote]

I believe that''s known as being fickle.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

I believe that''s known as being fickle.

[/quote]

we often like this too, must run in the blood of footy fan.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]here we go.[/quote]

This hysteria does seem to be contractually obliged to kick in every time we win.

[/quote]

As is the opposite when we draw (can''t say lose - we don''t do that anymore) or fail to sign Ronaldinho every day.......[;)]

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]well whats wrong with a positive post, sorry if you all hate the club and think they cant win, go to the binner forum if your being like that, it is a possibility, a team does something like that almost every season, I''m not expecting a play-off place, but it could happen
[/quote]

There''s nothing wrong with this positive post. It''s just the difference between the fans I guess. Fans like you and I get really lifted by good results and ambitiously look to what can be achieved by the end of the season if. Fans like Ricky take much more lifting and prudently look below to count how many points we need to be safe. [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]well whats wrong with a positive post, sorry if you all hate the club and think they cant win, go to the binner forum if your being like that, it is a possibility, a team does something like that almost every season, I''m not expecting a play-off place, but it could happen
[/quote]

There''s nothing wrong with this positive post. It''s just the difference between the fans I guess. Fans like you and I get really lifted by good results and ambitiously look to what can be achieved by the end of the season if. Fans like Ricky take much more lifting and prudently look below to count how many points we need to be safe. [;)]

[/quote]

I am optimistic but I would rather wait until we get closer to the play-offs than we are to the relegation zone before I let myself get too excited.  You carry on though.

Yes, here we go indeed. Whether it happens or not Ricky, what gives you the right to ridicule Ginger Pele for hoping for a good end to the season?. I don''t see GP saying that the play offs are a certainty, but in the scheme of things i wouldn''t be surprised if Norwich or any other mid table team are there or thereabouts at the end of the season. One thing you can be sure is that places 3-6 will definitely be different at the end of the season, with perhaps 2 of those teams performance dipping in the second half of the season. I''ll stick my neck out, and reckon we''ll finish 6th ;).

[/quote]

No one is saying we don''t want to make the playoffs. Everyone is on the same side and accusing people of being binners for being realistic is completely childish and unnecessary.

All I''m trying to say is, every time we win a game its absolutely guaranteed that there will be about half a dozen threads about how we will make the playoffs.

Every time we put in an average performance, people post we can never make the playoffs, and posters who believe we can are stupid.

Enough with the playoffs!!!

When we are about a game away from the playoffs, then lets start talking about it. Until then, its completely irrelevant.

[quote user="Alex"]

Yes, here we go indeed. Whether it happens or not Ricky, what gives you the right to ridicule Ginger Pele for hoping for a good end to the season?. I don''t see GP saying that the play offs are a certainty, but in the scheme of things i wouldn''t be surprised if Norwich or any other mid table team are there or thereabouts at the end of the season. One thing you can be sure is that places 3-6 will definitely be different at the end of the season, with perhaps 2 of those teams performance dipping in the second half of the season. I''ll stick my neck out, and reckon we''ll finish 6th ;).

[/quote]

good for you and i hope you are right but lets get enough points to avoid the drop first and when we lose give the people on the other side of the coin an even break. As a fan I would love to get promoted, as a realist we aint going nowhere with the squad we have and the targets mentioned.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

good for you and i hope you are right but lets get enough points to avoid the drop first and when we lose give the people on the other side of the coin an even break. As a fan I would love to get promoted, as a realist we aint going nowhere with the squad we have and the targets mentioned.

[/quote]

Ricky, when we were losing all the time earlier in the season, i was very worried and unhappy with the situation and stated at the time i was worried about relegation so don''t try and make me out to be thinking everything is perfect at NCFC 24/7. I go with what i see''s happening on the pitch at CR, rather than getting blinded by some of the ladies on here that over dramatise and over speculate events that are happening/not happening in the boardroom. I believe that to be ''realism''. Like it or not, changes have happened though, and would think that we have a far better chance of finishing strongly rather than ending up relegated. That''s not being overly optimisic or positive, it''s the real situation as i see it considering the hard work from the new management and the players over the last few months.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ricky, when we were losing all the time earlier in the season, i was very worried and unhappy with the situation and stated at the time i was worried about relegation so don''t try and make me out to be thinking everything is perfect at NCFC 24/7. I go with what i see''s happening on the pitch at CR, rather than getting blinded by some of the ladies on here that over dramatise and over speculate events that are happening/not happening in the boardroom. I believe that to be ''realism''. Like it or not, changes have happened though, and would think that we have a far better chance of finishing strongly rather than ending up relegated. That''s not being overly optimisic or positive, it''s the real situation as i see it considering the hard work from the new management and the players over the last few months.

[/quote]

the thing is yes we are getting results but they are covering a multitude of sins imo. We still lack class in many areas, too many loan signings, We still dont dominate matches enough, last night we got away with it, great stuff but it wont last forever, we are way, way, off the finished article and people are getting too excited over a run that was needed, and more, to avoid relegation, a position we should never have been in the first place i might add.

thing is norwich gaining no ground, win and draw win and draw your matching the teams around the top 6 not catching them up

[quote user="we8wba"]

thing is norwich gaining no ground, win and draw win and draw your matching the teams around the top 6 not catching them up

[/quote]

So if everyone around us is picking up points, then surely everyone must be picking up points from someone?

Means the whole pack is getting closer to the top, if not in places, in points.

Means ones good run could get you up there.

Until we mathmatically can''t make the play-offs i refuse to rule them out... i also refuse to rule out the possibility of relegation either though.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

This hysteria does seem to be contractually obliged to kick in every time we win.

[/quote]

As is the opposite when we draw (can''t say lose - we don''t do that anymore) or fail to sign Ronaldinho every day.......[;)]

[/quote]

Well said!

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Really we8 m8?

Nov 10th after losing 3-0 at Plymouth Norwich were marooned in 24th 5 points adrift from the rest of the league, 16 points behind piswich who were 6th and 17 behind you lot.

Jan 29th we are 16th, 9 points off the bottom, 7 pooints behind piswich, 8 points behind you lot and 9 points off 6th place.

We may run out of time but I would say we are definitely catching up... wouldn''t you?

You all keep forgetting we should not be in this position in the first place, there has been neglect somewhere along the line, lets all be grateful we are up to 16th, wow i cant believe how good we are. If you check my posts i said that Roeder would do well despite the board not because of them and i stand by that, he is a good manager and is doing well so far but he needs serious backing, window shuts tomorrow and it aint forthcoming yet.