Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Here's an idea Glen..................

Until you''ve actually signed someone, shut thy gob!.

I happen to think you''re an ok manager, but getting desperate fans hopes up is just plain wrong,  just like you have now on two seperate occassions.

Stop it!.[8o|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I happen to think you''re an ok manager, but getting desperate fans hopes up is just plain wrong,  just like you have now on two seperate occassions.

Stop it!.[8o|]

[/quote]

And....... stop going on about your friendship with Arsene Wenger and all things Arsenal.

Stop it!.[8o|]

[/quote]

1st Wizard, GR may have swallowed the pill  and now be singing from the same hymn sheet?.

Stop it!.[8o|]

[/quote]

"ok manager" - Try not to give too much praise to the man who has taken us from dead and buried to likely survivers, and to be honest the only person to blame for getting your hopes up is yourself. Glenn is just telling it like it is, if you choose to get overexcited at every lil news thats your own problem.

In future keep your own gob shut

Stop it!.[8o|]

[/quote]

I agree, I know he''s trying to keep us informed and give us hope but all this speculation is doing my head in.

UEA Canary wrote: "ok manager" - Try not to give too much praise to the man who has taken us from dead and buried to likely survivers, and to be honest the only person to blame for getting your hopes up is yourself. Glenn is just telling it like it is, if you choose to get overexcited at every lil news thats your own problem.

In future keep your own gob shut

Tis strange that 98% of replies to this thread acknowledge there is a problem............but you and some other ''no mark'' don''t............strange that?[:|]

[/quote]Understandable sentiments Wiz, but you can be absolutely certain that if he did as you ask, and did so since the window opened, you wouldn''t be able to move for the posts on here, probably started by your good self, asking Glenn if the cat had caught his toungue and what''s with the silence!I agree he''s probably saying too much while actually saying very little, if that''s possible, and he should just stick to the line that he''s doing all he can in this circus that we call the transfer window, to bring players in who will improve out squad. Then say nothing until he''s sat in a press conference with a.n.other sitting alongside him.

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Seems like the "same old" to me Wiz,

For Worthington read Grant read Roeder, same old content wrapped up in different packages.

[/quote]

Yes Jim. Because we have the same old board who''s ambitions don''t match those of a littany of managers.

OTBC

[quote user="Steve H"]Here''s an idea 1st.... until you have acquired a brain for thyself, shut thy gob![/quote]

Both unnecessarily offensive and mindlessly moronic, don''t you think ? Seems to me that you''re the one with the vacant skull cavity.

But if he didnt come out saying he was looking at/possibly signing new players in the very near future, everyone would jump on him accusing him of a lack of ambition. Can the man do anything right?

UEA Canary wrote: "ok manager" - Try not to give too much praise to the man who has taken us from dead and buried to likely survivers, and to be honest the only person to blame for getting your hopes up is yourself. Glenn is just telling it like it is, if you choose to get overexcited at every lil news thats your own problem.In future keep your own gob shut

Tis strange that 98% of replies to this thread acknowledge there is a problem............but you and some other ''no mark'' don''t............strange that?[:|]

[/quote]Most of us were ignoring it, having recognised it as the attention seeking malarkey you usually indulge yourself in.

Interesting to see a Wizard transition in action.

Glenn could do no wrong; then it was support Glenn but not the Board; then little criticisms of Glenn came in which gradually increased to an abusive thread title.

Look out, it will soon be full on Roeder bashing or else a grovelling apology followed by a shorter transition to Roeder bashing in the future.

Brady can swivel as far as I''m concerned and Roeder is showing her the contempt her high and mighty attitude deserves.

As for you, Dave, I bet you''re the sort of silly old fool who sends the tax off to a Canadian lottery that phoned you telling you you''ve won.

Carry on Glenn, do it your way and don''t be disuaded by the weak.

BTW, Dave, keep your Personal Message Tension (PMT) to yourself this time!

[/quote]Incredible. The board is full of people moaning and whinging like spoilt kids about the lack of information. yet when a journalist presses GR for information you jump up on your high hobby horse because he''s dared to try to clarify the situationSo you would prefer "I''ve nothing to say" - "No comment"...yeah right... I can see the flood of carpers on here now........ You at the head of the queue probably

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Incredible. The board is full of people moaning and whinging like spoilt kids about the lack of information. yet when a journalist presses GR for information you jump up on your high hobby horse because he''s dared to try to clarify the situation

So you would prefer "I''ve nothing to say" - "No comment"...yeah right... I can see the flood of carpers on here now........ You at the head of the queue probably
[/quote]

I would prefer not to be treated as a mushroom and fed bullsh**. You may be a brain dead mushroom but, please don''t tar everyone with your lack of ambition..

UEA Canary wrote: "ok manager" - Try not to give too much praise to the man who has taken us from dead and buried to likely survivers, and to be honest the only person to blame for getting your hopes up is yourself. Glenn is just telling it like it is, if you choose to get overexcited at every lil news thats your own problem.In future keep your own gob shut

[/quote]Interestingly, Wiz, after you posted there were seven replies of which four agreed with you and three didn''t.Now, I don''t know whereabouts in Suffolk you grew up or whether this is a wizard''s logic, but I would suggest that the percentage of replies to this thread that agreed with you was more like 56% and not the staggeringly inaccurate 98% you suggested.  I would doubt 98% of people have ever agreed with you, though if you turned Smudger into a toad I think you''d get close (the 2% would be animal rights types who''d complain about anything).And for the record, I think Roeder''s doing just fine.  Given your history of flip-flopping, tomorrow you''ll probably agree with me.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]By the way, how much of the £12m that we were having rubbed in our faces have Ipswich spent this transfer window?[/quote]

£400K for Quinn and up to £1m today for some foreign midfielder.Plus they have raised their bid for Norris to £2m according to Sky today.

Stop it!.[8o|]

[/quote]

Wiz, I''m so glad you think he''s an OK manager, and there was me thinking he was rubbish. I''ll sleep much easier in my bed tonight now.

[quote user="ricky knight"]who cares about ipshxt.[/quote]

I''ve lost count of the number of threads on here over the last couple of months in which people have used their ''fantastic'' sell out to Evans as evidence of how badly run our club is. So I suppose the answer to your question is, quite a few people, evidently. [:)] 

I actually think Roeder is giving too much information away. These deals are incredibly complex, and ask any salesman and they will tell you a deal is only done when the contract is signed by all relevant parties. Its happened before, Roeder telling us someone will be signed, and it gets fans'' hopes up. If the signings don''t happen, it will be even MORE fodder for the negative posters on here.This could of course be designed to put the pressure on Brady re Tiny. In which case I take it all back. But generally, although fans clamour for information about transfers, actions speak way louder than words.

This transfer window adds nothing to the game only confusion , whose daft idea was it to hold it in the middle of the African nations cup? Just to add more confusion to the whole sorry saga .

From hearing him speak two deals are done.  There are possibly two more, and he said no more than that.

As for wizzardd - ignore him he is an attention seeking fool - anyone with a brain can see Roeder is turning the club around and that he is spending wisely rather than panicking.

[quote user="Big Down Under"]I actually think Roeder is giving too much information away. These deals are incredibly complex, and ask any salesman and they will tell you a deal is only done when the contract is signed by all relevant parties. Its happened before, Roeder telling us someone will be signed, and it gets fans'' hopes up. If the signings don''t happen, it will be even MORE fodder for the negative posters on here.

This could of course be designed to put the pressure on Brady re Tiny. In which case I take it all back. But generally, although fans clamour for information about transfers, actions speak way louder than words.
[/quote]

Stop it!.[8o|]

[/quote]

Until we''ve signed someone, couldn''t you do the same and shut your gob. Lead by example.