Sign in to follow this  
Crispy

Norwich sign Matthew Bates

Crispy was first to start a thread on this, but 3-4 others posted the same info within the space of 10 mins before moderation caught up. Sky Sports News was the common factor in all these.

To be fair there is nothing on SSN, i''m glued to it watching for our transfers.

There is nothing either on the Sky Sports tranfers website, nor BBC Sport tranfers news website, not on our official website nor theirs.

[:|]

I can assure you it was on sky news. I''m hoping it was an error and they meant Northwich (non-league)

It scrolled across the screen several times.  

It''s what was on SSN. It wasn''t a presenter anouncement, it was in the bulletin anouncement at the bottom of the screen, it was cycling around for atleast an hour (I since then havn''t turned the channel back on)If you check the Official forum, in a similar thread atleast 4 people say they saw the same thing as I did.Do I know that he has signed ? No, but I DID see it on the tv. Maybe it''s been agreed, someone got wind of it but he won''t be in Norwich till tomoro ? Or SSN could have made it up. I don''t know, but if Roeder is hoping to get 3/4 signings then this signing looks likely seeing as it''s the only concrete bit of information (albeit from a reputable news source)I saw something, and decided to share it. I have nothing to prove, and do not particulary care what complete strangers think of me. am honestly not trying to wind people up.

It was on Sky Sports news Norwich sign Mathew Bates from Boro on a one month loan .

Well I didn''t see it, I must have blinked [:D]

I remember when Sky cocked up on another player coming to Norwich, however it was a spelling mistake and did indeed say Northwich.  Can''t think who it was now.  So mistakes happen, just gonna have to wait.

[quote user="The Drop"]It was on Sky Sports news Norwich sign Mathew Bates from Boro on a one month loan .[/quote]Now we have to work out if there is a binner conspiracy in the Sky Sports News office - the plot thickens...

Web Team can you clear this up?  Has he, will he (not that I am that impressed with this possible signing)

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Web Team can you clear this up?  Has he, will he (not that I am that impressed with this possible signing)[/quote]We''re just in the dark as everyone on this thread.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Web Team can you clear this up?  Has he, will he (not that I am that impressed with this possible signing)[/quote]We''re just in the dark as everyone on this thread.[/quote]The sports desk has heard...

[quote user="Crispy"]It''s what was on SSN. It wasn''t a presenter anouncement, it was in the bulletin anouncement at the bottom of the screen, it was cycling around for atleast an hour (I since then havn''t turned the channel back on)

If you check the Official forum, in a similar thread atleast 4 people say they saw the same thing as I did.

Do I know that he has signed ? No, but I DID see it on the tv. Maybe it''s been agreed, someone got wind of it but he won''t be in Norwich till tomoro ? Or SSN could have made it up. I don''t know, but if Roeder is hoping to get 3/4 signings then this signing looks likely seeing as it''s the only concrete bit of information (albeit from a reputable news source)

I saw something, and decided to share it.

I have nothing to prove, and do not particulary care what complete strangers think of me. am honestly not trying to wind people up.
[/quote]

Well said mate. Have just seen it on Sky Sports News. It does say ''set'' to join on one month loan. Altho why so many people get so hit up about it not being on SSN, City or Boro''s website I have no idea. For god''s sake, if people wanna post fake rumours, 1stwiz throwing a hissy fit invariably won''t stop them doing so. 

I''ve just seen Ronaldinho buying 20 Marlboro lights in Morrison''s with Neil Doncaster in tow..............

(nb: In case any lawyer''s are reading or moreso anyone who call''s me a ''binner'', I am of course making this up!!!!)

We''ve been waiting and waiting and all I can say is what a let down.

He hacked Chadwick then laughs at him while he is lying on the ground injured and in pain.  Did Glenn know this when he signed him? pleased to see Boro have 24 hour release clause they can activate after first month. 

From this I read, maybe wrongly, Taylor and any other CD ain''t coming, this is our lot in CD.  Lets just wait and see who our striker is, Pablo Counago on loan.  Also confirms my belief that we are skint.

Putting the Chadwick incident to one side, is this the best we can do?  And with that 24 hour release clause?  I know you can''t plan for the unexpected, Glenn Could prepare and puick his team, on Friday morning, On Saturday morning before the game, Boro could recall him! 

Is this a signing just for the sake of trying to please the fans?

I hope i''m wrong but i think he''s going to be really unfit. He''s only played 61 minutes reserve game all season, and only a handfull of games at Ipswich and Darlington on loan over the last 5 years.

I agree, whats the point, sounds very unfit, very injury prone, 24hour return, and not a very nice person!

If this was meant to placate the fans I think they got it very very wrong.

Rick Waghorn talks about it as Roeder keeping his promise,   I feel very deflated!

His arrival should liven up training sessions though - in a Christian/Lions type scenario.

Fair play to him, he wants to play first team football and is willing to drop a division to do it - let''s have a look at him.

I''m pleased about this, we need cover and competition on the central defense role and he is an up and coming defender!

Nice one Roedor!

Oh Dear, another one with raunchy pics on the internet.

They can''t keep it in their pants these days.