Sign in to follow this  
methcanary

new players (Roeder on Radio Norfolk)

[quote user="methcanary"]Glen has just said on Reoderio Norfolk that we will definately have two and maybe three before thursday!!![/quote]

dont do this too me GR....all i seem to do is sit on here waiting...oh well tomorrow is another day, hey mal! [;)]

Did You Hear Mr. Roeder Mal? At least two players will definitely be recruited by Thursday, possibly three or four. Does not sound like a man that is being held in shackles by the Norwich Board. Come on Mal....you should get input your  "tomorrow" comments by .......Tomorrow. 

.. thats Glens plans for the last 48 hours of the transfer window.

We''ve had all these promises, but i believe that we will get 2 new faces in at least. Look how short our squad is, Glen knows its haplessly short.

I feel like a 9 year old on christmas eve!

[quote user="methcanary"]Glen has just said on Reoderio Norfolk that we will definately have two and maybe three before thursday!!![/quote]

Haven''t we been here before?

I suspect one will be this Arsenal kid, one may be Patterson and the possibly is Taylor??????

reckons we gonna have 2 possibly 3 in on thursday!! lool ok then, we will see...

but the funny bit was when he was askedabout pattison at scunthorpe. " hes a player whos done well since moving from stoke to scunny in the summer" made me giggle... he blattenly going in with another bid tommorrow!!! funny..... what u guys make of that??

Did he actually say "definately" rather than "hopefully" this time and was there an indication of whether they would be permanent or loans? 

The last few days have been so damn frustrating waiting for something to happen there is a part of me that would prefer it if he said nothing on the subject until it actually happened - mind you that would just be fuel to those who want to argue that the silence would be evidence of a lack of money and ambition.  Roll on Thursday night when the agony will be over and we will be able to finally see what level of ambition the club has.

I am becoming ever more impressed with Glenn; the quality, & CHARACTER, of the players he has brought in is exceptional. People are complaining about the thinness of the squad, but I''d rather have one Ched Evans than any number of Ian Murrays. Look at the game tonight - did you see what he did there? By getting Bertrand in, a class player who can attack or defend down the left side, he was able to bring Hux on without weakening the defence. Pattison was good cover for Fozzy (anybody know how he is?) & Roeder was able to bring on Curo as a lively replacement for Ched.

Yes , I know there are too many loan players - though I''ll be surprised if any go back, as they''re now getting excellent experience as part of a proper, footballing team - so it would be nice to get new faces in.

BUT ... only if they are of the same high standard!

Missed that bit.

But am confident we will have at least two players in.

Just hoping they are buys rather than loans. Unless Glenn is spending big in the summer..

No he didn''t.

He said he was very confident about two by Thursday and possibly three or maybe four.

No definately''s anywhere.

Please don''t misinterpret what was said because if you do, you will only end up dissapointed and you will end up moaning about promises which never happened just like poor old Wiz.

I''m sure he didn''t say definately, but very confident instead. He''s no mug. He knows how these things can go wrong at the last minute, especially if a player wants to be at home on Boxing Day!! Does it really matter whether they are loan players or not? At this time in the season and the position we''re in, as long as they can achieve what''s required that''s all that matters. Re-building and squad clearance can take place in the summer. Who knows but Glenn might be buying for a squad for a different league.

I did read that Birmingham have won the race to sign Gary Cahill, so finally the replacement could be there to allow the Tiny move to go ahead!

Am sure Roeder must be expecting to tie up some deals otherwise he would not keep coming out saying these things, here goes to another couple of days of waiting on baited breath.

[quote user="Punting Canary"]

A centre half and midfielder on loan from Reading are the two players definitely coming.

[/quote]

And how do you know this?

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

No he didn''t.

He said he was very confident about two by Thursday and possibly three or maybe four.

No definately''s anywhere.

Please don''t misinterpret what was said because if you do, you will only end up dissapointed and you will end up moaning about promises which never happened just like poor old Wiz.

[/quote]

Yeh, sorry for getting carried away with the ''definately'' bit last night. I listened to the interview again this morning and he did say ''very confident'' but it looks like he has got one already with the loan signing of Bates, hopefully some permanent signings will follow.

methcanary, you did not need to apologise as you were absolutely correct in the first place. Yellow Rages and sydneysider were a little too sure of their comments, incorrectly however. Anyone who listened to what Roeder had to say ( if you don''t believe it then go back on to the Radio Norfolk site and check again ) KNOWS that he started out saying "very confident" and then went on to say "DEINITELY two by Thursday, possibly three or four." 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]methcanary, you did not need to apologise as you were absolutely correct in the first place. Yellow Rages and sydneysider were a little too sure of their comments, incorrectly however. Anyone who listened to what Roeder had to say ( if you don''t believe it then go back on to the Radio Norfolk site and check again ) KNOWS that he started out saying "very confident" and then went on to say "DEINITELY two by Thursday, possibly three or four." [/quote]

Thanks YankeeCanary i''ve had another listen and you are absolutely correct, he did say very confident at the start of the interview but later on said definately two, and maybe three or four. Thanks again.

Whether he''s definate or just confident, I trust the guy to bring in the right players for the squad.

I would love them to be signings rather than loanees to start building for next season but , whatever they are, I am just happy to be talking about rebuilding rather than looking for some desperate stop-gaps to avoid relegation.

It''s nice to speculate but we shall just have to see what Thursday brings us and I won''t be refreshing my Browser every 20 seconds to see the latest rumour.

(Ok that last bit was a lie...)

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]methcanary, you did not need to apologise as you were absolutely correct in the first place. Yellow Rages and sydneysider were a little too sure of their comments, incorrectly however. Anyone who listened to what Roeder had to say ( if you don''t believe it then go back on to the Radio Norfolk site and check again ) KNOWS that he started out saying "very confident" and then went on to say "DEINITELY two by Thursday, possibly three or four." [/quote]

Well done Yankee, perhaps I''m getting carried away with people getting carried away. Someone please carry me away.

Well I did tell you about the two Reading players yesterday morning but everybody on here assumes that everyone else is talking rubbish and wants to know your source.  If you tell the world who your source is your source doesn''t speak to you any more!!

There is some incredibly hard work going on behind the scenes to bring in a decent striker by the end of the day.  Will update if I hear more.

[quote user="Punting Canary"]

Well I did tell you about the two Reading players yesterday morning but everybody on here assumes that everyone else is talking rubbish and wants to know your source.  If you tell the world who your source is your source doesn''t speak to you any more!!

There is some incredibly hard work going on behind the scenes to bring in a decent striker by the end of the day.  Will update if I hear more.

[/quote]

Ok Punting Canary, all is forgiven, keep us updated