Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

Transfers

For what its worth I actually think GR is doing the right thing here.  In this transfer window players are massively overvalued.  We could still make the playoffs but its probably a long shot.  With that being the case surely we are better to keep what cash we have (if any) until the summer and get long term targets in at the right price.  In the meantime have a look a few young players who might turn into permanent signings, build bridges with premiership managers for future loan signings, and have a little faith in GR who for me hasnt put a foot wrong yet since he took over.  And until hopefully a knight in shining bank notes (Peter Cullum) comes along lets try and put the foundations down for next season.

I agree. 1st wizard surely you see ther logic. We will finish mid table so why spend our smallish budget on over-priced players.

Also we are less likely to attract players now due to our low position. Also look at Stoke - loan players do them well.

I would also like good permanent players but i can see sense here.

[quote user="YellowIce"]

I agree. 1st wizard surely you see ther logic. We will finish mid table so why spend our smallish budget on over-priced players.

Also we are less likely to attract players now due to our low position. Also look at Stoke - loan players do them well.

I would also like good permanent players but i can see sense here.

[/quote]

Good point. Players decide to move to a club for a number of reasons; if a player can see a club has a good manager who has propelled his team from relegation to mid-table & above, he''s more likely to feel he''s on to a good thing with a team heading for promotion. In fact, if the existing players were loans it means his chances of making a name for himself are even better.

The building work for next season can start in the summer.  If these loan boys are good as claimed then we should have enough to consolidate our position in this league.

A bit disappointed there were no permanent signings but I can live with it.  This is about the long hall and I can wait.