Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Boy

Why all the fuss about Taylor??

I''m a little bit bemused about the huge fuss being made about us failing to sign Martin Taylor. He clearly did well while he was here but is he worth £1m? We haven''t lost a game since he went back and Doc and Shacks have been awesome at the back and it is goalscoring that has been our problem. Who would he replace in the team? I''d be much happier if we spent £1m on a striker, please don''t ask me who as I don''t know!

We badly need another experienced centre back, though. What happens if the Doc or Shacks (or god forbid both) are injured? Ok we can put Dublin back in defence, but he is rather useful in attack. Taylor would give a bit of competition for places and I''m sure be a very good addition to the squad.

We''ve got Bates and the youngster from Reading for cover now.

[quote user="jimmy500"]Because 1 injury to either the Doc or Shacks and we could be in trouble.  I know we have got the youngster on loan now but I would worry if he had to play alongside Shackell.[/quote]

Exactly, but if we can''t get Taylor surely there are other players out there? It''s not the end of the world if he doesn''t join and to be honest I''m a bit sick of the whole Taylor thing now.

Yes he is worth approx.1m in todays market....especially when you see some of the other squit going for nuts prices! 

We should have pulled our proverbial fingers out, bit the bullet circa 2/3 weeks and got him in for £875,000 - deal done, cover and competition solved, fans appeased (to a degree!). We have dithered, played brinkmanship and shot ourselves in the foot in doing so as Brum seemingly cannot get a replacement (despite this not mattering about 4 weeks ago) and other clubs have appraently come in which, hey presto, pushes the price up.

Would we get him for cheaper/sure in the Summer - absolutely no guarantee there..

So in summary it looks like chance wasted gone for a player that wanted to come here and seemed to perfectly fit the bill in terms of an area where we have been for a long time wanting more options.