Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

fans being short changed?

i been following your situation over jan expecting norwich to finally purchase few players, they may still go and do this but will they be expensive signings? im guessing they will be your odd 100k players here and there

fans are always being short changed by the boards and chairmen at this level of football, im not expecting boards to splash 4-5m every window but the odd player who will excite the club say for instance mclean of p''boro be around 1-1.5m

loan system can be useful for cover or for exciting youngsters such as arsenal crop at birmingham last year. but the likes of bates, camara and at my own club kyle just dont live up to expectations

the boards always seem to come out with the same verbal rubbish to win over fans then never deliever blaming a club backed out or the player decided angaist the move at the last minute

whats everyone elses thoughts, this happend to my club and now looks like your the next and godknows who be the next

i would just like your words really, do you feel short changed? if so why

do you feel board doing right? if so why

obviously you will be biased so would like the other supporters on here to join in on there verdict at there club as know colchester fan on here

I think Camara has done very well at left  back which was a problem position for us.  You cannot judge Bates until he has played and settled into our team pattern. I am not surprised you dont like the look of Kyle though.  The Cov fans really didnt rate him.  The Norwich board got it wrong with Grant although he had a good background and CV, he just couldnt make the step up the managerial hot seat.  They realised they had to get an experienced manager and GR was the best we could do at the time. But he has exceeded all expectations and I am sure he is the right man for the job.  I am sure the Norwich board will continue to back him but will not reveal our transfer budget. However,  I am sure the funds are there for the right player at the time.  I am glad that our board is cautious with money and we will not get into the state that Coventry did and continue to be in. I dont want a boom and bust club.  I think some of these January transfer fees are over-inflated and they will calm down in the summer.  If we dont spend £2 million tomorrow then I wont be disappointed.  I dont think any new players will go straight into the squad anyway because we are doing very well on the pitch at the moment.

your writing/spelling/grammar is getting so bad that it is difficult to read your drivel

sod off to your own pathetic team''s website before we all start on it

...if we could be bothered

I wont be too disapointed if all we get is loans tommorow, aslong as the money is spent in the summer and doesnt disappear paying off the interest on a loan etc. I just wish that we wouldnt make announcements like ''hopefully signing someone tommorow...'', im sure a lot of us have wasted time on the net waiting only for it to not happen at all.

In terms of our own loan signings, I dont think any of them have been bad, or a waste of money. Evans has got goals, Camara and Patty shored up the left wing, Taylor was brilliant, Bertrand looks classy, Smith was probably the least influential but imo did a good shift out of position. You cant judge Bates yet but you obviously dont seem to be impressed, but we needed cover in the CB and RB positions and thats what he''l provide, so aslong as he hasnt been eating too many Burger Kings in his injury layoff then I dont think we can complain.

The only concern I do have though is what happens if Evans/Bates are called back in their 24 hour clauses next month, leaving us very short. We do need more numbers in, especially up front which is where we are most lacking.

How do you feel about Kyle we8wba? Incidentally, how many strikers do you want?! My housemate is a Wolves fan and he raves about Keogh, and Ebanks-Blake will be a good signing, if Kyles the big man option, where does that leave the others? I think its your midfield thats the problem, it doesnt matter who you put upfront, if you dont create you wont score.

just feel at different clubs this level we get short changed badly, even if we reach the prem we all spend 5m max and hope to stay up. whilst board take 55m or whatever and keep it, excluding ticket sales, merchandise which will be improved.

i agree with your loans, bertram i hear good things about, evans seems to be a world beater and looks very good, maybe you can get him next season? tiny the other good player who if you dont get back has maybe shown your centre halfs there spots arent safe causing there recent performances!

but i cant help think where norwich going to be in summer? these 5 or 6 loans will head back to their respective clubs and what are norwich left with? pretty much same team in august bar breiller and dave striker!

loan moves are vital but you got to take into consideration norwich need to build for the future (much like my team purchased youth) and give them few years to develop 

i dont wish to be rude, but if norwich want to push on next year for playoff spot you need to invest big (3m or spends very wisely) if you cant keep your loan players at the moment

on wolves bit mate, keogh class but cant score, no good striker not scoring is it? if he ever found regular scoring touch he be way to good for us and be in prem in flash. ebanks blake looks the new steve bull for us. kyle is bought in for excatly what you said, he target man. not greatest of signings i know, but long he dont start i dont mind throw him on last 10mins if holding on or if down 10 men he could do job as we have no one who can hold ball up

[quote user="inch_high"]

w8wba, when will you come out and admit that you are infact a Norwich fan?

[/quote]

when they next go top of league or win something ;-p

we8wba you say were being short changed? Your the team thats only signing this month was Kevin Kyle!! I''d rather get a load of loans than donkeys like that.  Also wheres this 32 million pound your chairman is supposed to invest, cos he bought Wolves for nothing (was still over priced). Just admit because you realise you manager is a journeyman who signs former Sunderland rejects (from there record low points total in the premiership) and your from a s*** place, with s*** fans, s*** manager, lying chairman, and to cap it off you have Kevin Kyle up front, GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah and WBA are going up too.

[quote user="salp"]

your writing/spelling/grammar is getting so bad that it is difficult to read your drivel

sod off to your own pathetic team''s website before we all start on it

...if we could be bothered

[/quote]

we8wba insults you with his ''writing/spelling/grammar hey, so much so that you want him to''sod off''! How about you sod off because your picture is insulting me! He has some interesting posts and it''s nice to get an opposition fans point of view. So you ''sod off'' yourself, or change your picture!!!

[quote user="Smokey"]we8wba you say were being short changed? Your the team thats only signing this month was Kevin Kyle!! I''d rather get a load of loans than donkeys like that.  Also wheres this 32 million pound your chairman is supposed to invest, cos he bought Wolves for nothing (was still over priced). Just admit because you realise you manager is a journeyman who signs former Sunderland rejects (from there record low points total in the premiership) and your from a s*** place, with s*** fans, s*** manager, lying chairman, and to cap it off you have Kevin Kyle up front, GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah and WBA are going up too.[/quote]

mate seriosly you having laugh

hmmmm

sylvain ebanks blake 1.5m

hmmmm

edwards 900k

so 2.4m thats hardly nout!

as to wba yes i dont want them to win, so what they top! my prioty is wolves not those tesco bunch! and lets face it they deserve to be there

as to our chairman says 30m into club, not transfer fees, not wages. get your facts right

wouldnt it be silly spend all 30m in this league if we did have that? yes, what happen we go prem we have champ quality, that happend before when we spent 15m to get up. we building team for future mate, look our players

hennessey, foley, jarvis, kightly, eastwood, blake, keogh thats 7 quality champ players aged under 23

i think you got tad jealous of our team mate, because we spending and wisely, yes kyle not superstar, but he isnt going to start, he different option as we dont have target man

and hell lets face it you signed hartson, the only club dumb enough to take on 20stone fat baggie

im not knocking norwich but saying you being short changed with signings, you received around 20m in transfers in last 24months, you spent around 10m i would say? is that rough guide? if someone could put me wrong do so im just guessing. but what happend with the 10m, its not being invested in your youth as proven! its not in the managers spending budget. so you are being short changed

and just wait for month to go and you will get your "please sign up to early bird seaason tickets" they fast enough to get your money but to spend it, well all chairmans are slow