Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

We need first team players, not loan covers!!

I am really starting to get annoyed with this bloody club, we need at least two new first team players before we bring in loan signings to cover positions like young Master Bates  (sorry had to be done) as per usual the board waffle all January about the problems of signing new players, the window will close and the spin from the club will be "wait till the summer when we bring in new faces" blah blah blah!!! its the same every year and it''s getting boring, a forward is a must to help us push up the league but we can''t seem to afford one, WHERE''S ALL THE MONEY GOING AT THIS CLUB MR DONCASTER? 

Whilst I agree with the general sentiments of your post at least we are getting in young and (so far) seemingly hungry loan players and not your Trevor Benjamin, John Hartson type players. There is a possibility (however remote) that the likes of Evans or Bertrand may make their moves permanent, I guess Bertrand more likely but there was talk of Cardiff bidding for Evans so who knows. I won''t be complaining if this occurs! Likewise these younger players aren''t going to command the kind of wages that Mr Blobby did earlier this season.

Anyway, we don''t just need first team players we do need squad cover too! It would seem that the first 11 aren''t doing too bad for themselves currently......

We''re either low on cash or GR believes the prices are genuinely too high and isn''t prepared to stump up (see Taylor situation).

If its the former then it doesn''t exactly surprise me much. If its the latter then we can only hope that, like his Judgements so far, Glenn knows what hes doing and is confident hes making the right choices (either that or hes just tight-fisted).

Whilst I think that aslong as the money gets spent in the summer, loans are fine at the moment, we cant have a situation where they all head back leaving us with no cover (Evans/Bates).

But I dont think you need to worry...arent we only allowed 8 short term loan deals per season? Weve had 7... Smith, Camara, Bertrand, Taylor, Evans, Pattison, Bates...

hear hearthe loanees were dreadful last nightany wonder that we only got three points from the gamesack the board, sell off the club,  Roeder''s leaving wednesday, football must come first, close the restuarant, four legs good, two legs better ...... baa baaa, baa baaa

my bro lives in Southampton we got away with it last night because we are on a run but it wont last they hit the wood 3 times missed a penalty, i would love it to but  the squad aint good enough and we need more class if we are going to make a genuine attempt next season, i see nothing in our signings yet that we can do that, as per usual hope i am wrong.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]hear hear

the loanees were dreadful last night

any wonder that we only got three points from the game

sack the board, sell off the club,  Roeder''s leaving wednesday, football must come first, close the restuarant, four legs good, two legs better ...... baa baaa, baa baaa
[/quote]

Just a minute Ralph, i never mentioned sacking the board or that Roeder should leave, i think he was a good appointment, yes we got a lucky three points at The Saints but to think that the 16 strong squad we have is good enough is just plain stupid, in my first post  i suggested was that we need good first team signings not loans all the time, the problem at this club is too many fans are happy being fobbed off with spin and tales from the board and Doncaster about the lack of money and the struggle to survive, you need to look at the money this club has received over the last few seasons from transfers then look at how much we''ve spent, the sums just don''t add up!!! If your happy with second best then thats up to you but i along with a few others think we are being taken for mugs!!

And if the players we need are not available ?

sack the board, sell off the club,  Roeder''s leaving wednesday,

football must come first, close the restuarant, four legs good, two

legs better ...... baa baaa, baa baaa

Agree with you Ralph.  No point wasting money on bad players.  I think there is enough in the tank for us to not worry too much about being relegated.  We would get better value for money in the summer so for me, a club with limited resources like ours is far better off waiting til then.

Promotion isn''t happening this season.  Relegation isn''t happening either.  With nothing to play for its best to just consolidate.  The rebuild will take place in the summer IMO.

Disappointed about Taylor but its not the end of the world.

I would suggest the rebuild began after Plymouth away. But this is not going to be a swapping of a few players. It will be a root and branch transformation.That can''t be done by appreasing the slightly dim on here by bringing in any old player just because they are available.I wouldn''t rule out us being in the playoffs just yet, neither would I  not be too surprised if we are above the filth down the road next time we visit poorman road.