Sign in to follow this  
Worcester Yellow

Two Reading Players on Loan on SSN

SSN reporting we have signed two Reading players on loan.

One till end of season ... one for a month... so unknown I never even caught names...

WTF... if this is it I am sooooooooooooooo gutted... getting really sick of all this let down..

If they were any good i would have heard of them... and they would be playing for Reading.

I expected so much more than three rejects from the Prem on loan... Glenn best know what hes doing...

AND HAVE SOMETHING ELSE UP HIS SLEEVE...

Disappointed of Worcester

if you are right then roeder does like his loan system.

henry heard off, centre mid i think. ok player but nothing special

this maybe good for norwich future now, but in long run defiantly not

norwich will be left same team which was bottom this june. and its not like roeder hasnt had time to find players

how many loans you got?

camara, these 2 (if done deal?) bertram, evans, bates? anyone else? you only allowed 6 in match day squad i remember, maybe something to consider

[quote]If they were any good i would have heard of them[/quote]

...And because you haven''t they must be crap?

[quote]and they would be playing for Reading[/quote]

What about Ched Evans, if he was any good he''d be playing for Man City, right? What a rubbish player he is then.

[quote]I expected so much more than three rejects from the Prem on loan[/quote]

Did you? I understand its frustrating we''ve only really bought loanees in but if we have no money or if Glen thinks prices are too high then loans are the only option.

Initially this has left me feeling down as well, but the more I think about it, it could be a good thing if we then use our remaining transfer money on a half decent striker, I doubt that these three loans would have cost us much as they are all reserve team players, so lets hope that we get the news we are all waiting for.

Can''t think of his name, was it Huckersomething? Didn''t we have him on loan to start with then sign him?

We''re taking a couple of young lads who are not quite up to the standards of the Premiership. If all goes well, they play more games than they miss, they like the club and what we can offer, there''s no reason why we can''t sign them in the summer.

I believe we may be able to field all of these players as Camara has been signed til the end of the season. It was announced as a loan but as he is out of contract in the summer so it maybe that we have taken on his contract so he therefore technically isn''t a loan player as we hold his registration.

Stop getting at Roeder, we know players are going for over inflated prices at the mo so he will loan til the end of the season then buy players at their correct value.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Initially this has left me feeling down as well, but the more I think about it, it could be a good thing if we then use our remaining transfer money on a half decent striker, I doubt that these three loans would have cost us much as they are all reserve team players, so lets hope that we get the news we are all waiting for.[/quote]Calm down everyone, theres nothing wrong with loans and it makes sense really, we need players to bolster the squad for a playoff push, whether there loans or permanents. Come the summer Glenn will have more time and more money to rebuild, when players prices arent inflated by the panic buy transfer window, and rebuild he will for a real promotion push next season.The more i think about it tho, and i am gutted we havent got Taylor or a decent striker, do we really need anyone? Were flyin at the mo, unbeaten in 10, top 3 in the form table. Bates looks a good sigining, as backup to Shacks and Doc, who i think will only get better the mo, Docs been solid for 3 months now, in fact the whole season to be honest and Shacks looks like he''s getting back to his best, thanks to Roeder. We could definitely do with a striker, but we dont necessarily ''need'' one, we have plenty, we just need Roeder to get the best out of them, Martin, Cureton, Evans and Dublin should be enough, we just need more from Martin and Cureton. If Roeder can do that then we dont need anyone.I guess im tryin to keep positive ahead of nobody else signing today, Preston should be a cracker on saturday so lets forget the transfer window dissapointment....

If we field all 6 players on Saturday then we''ll know that we''ve bought Mo Camara (rather than breaking FA rules).

Thanks again oh wise one. What would we do without your helpful advice - perhaps sign some donkey like Kevin Kyle!

And while we get these kids on loan Ipswich are going to move for Taylor , god when will this club show one ounce of ambition .

What about Shawcross? Was he another reject sitting in the reserves not good enough to play in the utd squad. How ridiculous. You can''t start judging these players until you''ve actually seen them play. They might prove glen wrong and be a pile of turd, but then again they might turn out to be superstars. Lets wait and see before we dive in.

This is good news. We''ve got enough players for our squad without breaking the bank (we probably didn''t even spend any money getting them in). It''s fine by me. We aint going to get promoted and hopefully now, with the new players in, we won''t get relegated either. There''s no point wasting money, that we can spend in the summer, to get players in who aren''t good enough and cost too much. Does anybody remember the panic buy of chris brown last year at the same time. What a waste of money he was. I trust Glenn and he knows what he''s doing.

Calm down everyone please who had heard od Shawcross or Evans before they went on loan.

Trust in Glenn, he wont let us down.

Yeah Ok...

I may have been a bit premature (story of my life !)

I guess on reflection they may well be ok... I do appreciate Gleen can spot a player.

But I sat at Dunston two weeks ago... talking to a club senior... and getting really excited by what was to come...

Thats why i am so let down... I expected so much more following that conversation and eavesdropping on the Sunny thing...

And we do need permanent quality signings... for the long term to build a team... as far as I am aware these players will all go back to their clubs... and then what?

And the only difference in the summer will not  be the prices quoted... good players always cost big fees...  but the availability of Bosmans... so wheres some backing for the manager ? Or do we only buy cheap ? Or loan ? Taylor is the proof.... a player who would be a bed rock for five seasons.. and we may well lose him now!

However points taken people... I will wait till Cardiff when I get the chance to see them play... its a fair call to those who challenged my initial post.

personally I am encouraged by the signings that GR has made today, yes we would all prefer permanent signings - but the january transfer window does not seem to be the time to get these, what with the over inflated prices (Paterson - 5 million quid??), and the general reluctance to sell halfway through the season.

I´ve heard loads of different stories about the taylor saga, but at the end of the day, i don´t know the truth, so can´t really comment. Naturally though I´m disappointed that he won´t be in a Naardge shirt for the remainder of the season.

Good luck to Pearce, Bates and Henry - I´m sure you´ll rejunevate the squad, which has always looked strong on paper - just needs a kick up the b*ckside. Some people on hear would moan if we got Michael Owen and Vidic in....