Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We are as good as broke!

Don''t agree eh? then show me the evidence to support you.

With only 5 days left of the transfer window, four, if you count the Southampton game, our squad is now much smaller than it was on Jan 1st, players have been sold and weak promises (as always) have been made....................but still ziltch!.

I see zero evidence of the Turners use, Delia''s gone into hiding (again!) and there''s no sign or hint of real team building anywhere.

And God help us if we get two major/key injuries or suspensions!.

WE ARE ALL BUT BROKE.

Prove it otherwise!.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

With only 5 days left of the transfer window, four, if you count the Southampton game, our squad is now much smaller than it was on Jan 1st, players have been sold and weak promises (as always) have been made....................but still ziltch!.

I see zero evidence of the Turners use, Delia''s gone into hiding (again!) and there''s no sign or hint of real team building anywhere.

WE ARE ALL BUT BROKE.

[/quote]

Patience Wiz.

In 5 days time we will know, one way or another.

Its your accusation - you prove otherwiseAsk your mum to get you a copy of the accounts when you get home from school

I have heard we are richer than Chelsea, and that we are trying to sign Kaka and Drogba but the transfers are taking a while to go through!

What a pointless post Wiz.  Not signing anybody hardly proves your point.  Roeder has already stated he is happy with the funds he is being given and that he expects players to join.  I''m happy that he seems to want to get the most out of the money he has been given by haggling over prices - which he clearly is and has stated in the past.

Why can''t everybody just chill out and reserve judgement until the window is closed.  This message board was exactly the same 2 years ago before we signed Earnshaw just before the deadline and I have to say I have more faith in the new manager and the board (they are stronger with the Turners on board) than I did then.

We don''t need all this negativity - its part of the reason we ended up in the situation we were in before Roeder took over.

Keep the faith!

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Its your accusation - you prove otherwise

Ask your mum to get you a copy of the accounts when you get home from school
[/quote]

Sorry, but as I''m 60, I''m afraid my dear mum died years ago!.

We''re broke..............face it!.

I believe the key statement made this transfer window by Mr Roeder went something along the lines of "I could sign any number of average players for this club without a problem". The problem it would seem would therefore not be the alleged lack of funds by yourself and others; more likely that in this crazy one month window the prices asked for the players wanted are ridiculous and Glenn is biding his time not getting drawn into paying over inflated prices for average players - a la some managers at other clubs.      A couple of other points if i may. Firstly, apart from Leicester and QPR, its not like the whole of the Championship is out there buying hordes of players and were sitting on our thumbs getting beaten to players left, right and centre - and dont quote me Martin Taylor; lets see how that pans out by the 31st. Secondly, I can only imagine the howls of derision and scorn from some posters on the board over whoever we sign. It seems to me that sometimes Glenn and the board are in a no win situation. If we havent signed anybody - we''re broke. If we do sign players then theyre immediately not good enough and a sign of a lack of ambition. If we try and play it slightly clever a la Taylor, then the board come in for a hammering. For me its been a positive window - deadwood cleared out, some players in, some irons in the fire. Lets continue this conversation on the 1st February shall we - not spout portents of doom about our financial status just cos we''ve had a quiet week on the transfer front!  P.S) Remind me how much Ipswich have spent of this fabled £12 million?

Why does a lack of signings mean we''re broke? It might just mean the targets Roeder has in mind are simply unavailable (Martin Taylor) or are too expensive in light of the January price-hike.

I know we need players; but we need good players and not tosh like Granty brought in. Roeder is obviously very keen to do that, and I for one am more comfortable with him taking his time than throwing away our money. 

I have feeling you are right 1st Wizard.

Not totaly broke but that we have wery litle money.

Dont think we wil se eny class signings.

Have to wonder where the money is going?

I have been taking a back seat for while now. I am annoyed with the constant rubbish Wizard comes out with. With silly curses and cures. Be positive mate! How many teams have bought more than four players?Be grateful we have signed some! Everyone knows that 85% of the deals are completed on 1st day of the window and the last day of the window

WE ARE ALL BUT BROKE.

[/quote]

What does this mean; "weak promises (as always) have been made" ?

..and as stated by others, the onus is on you to actually prove that NCFC is broke not the other way round.

Football club doesn''t have much money shock....read all about it!!

Players cost too much in January - well well well who ever would have thought it eh?

Still as long as we are all stating the bleedin obvious.....the transfer window has not yet closed, we will get between 2 and 5 players in either signed or on loan before it does, Delia makes a good cake, Roeder is a good manager but the usual numpties will be calling for him to resign at the first sign of a few defeats and we will all die some day.

Is that enough to be going on with?

i alleded to this a few weeks ago when i said 5 out 0 in and a saving of around 16k a week on wages and 800k in the bank. why have we signed nobody? i cant believe all the tosh about noone being out there. i watched the mansfield boro game and there were a couple of players there who would enhance our squad, such as hamshaw who has played at a higher level before and the captain, buxton a centre back and christ knows we need one of those!! we need to stop signing loanees and start building a squad thats decent but with this board they seem reluctant to back roeder and thats after making all the money on transfers in the last few years and before people say we have brought in loanees, ask yourself this, wouldnt it have been better to sign players permanently rather than temporarily?

I suggest that people who say ''read the accounts'' probably have no idea how to read them anyway. just an easy get out of jail card that people play from time to time..........

[/quote]Look, you daft old codger.  I''ll show you the evidence first thing February 1st.  Until then, stop your attention seeking.

[quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Look, you daft old codger.  I''ll show you the evidence first thing February 1st.  Until then, stop your attention seeking.

[/quote]

Thats a bit harsh....

[quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Look, you daft old codger.  I''ll show you the evidence first thing February 1st.  Until then, stop your attention seeking.

[/quote]Daft old codger, DAFT OLD CODGER, you can''t call wiz a daft old codger, senile old git maybe but definitely not a daft old codger.   [:P][;)][:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Daft old codger, DAFT OLD CODGER, you can''t call wiz a daft old codger, senile old git maybe but definitely not a daft old codger.   [:P][;)][:D] [/quote]

You''re all brave, hope he doesn''t hex you [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]Look, you daft old codger.  I''ll show you the evidence first thing February 1st.  Until then, stop your attention seeking.[/quote]Daft old codger, DAFT OLD CODGER, you can''t call wiz a daft old codger, senile old git maybe but definitely not a daft old codger.   [:P][;)][:D] [/quote]

[/quote]I just woke up after an afternoon nap - all my hair has fallen out and I''m wearing a replica binners kit.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Daft old codger, DAFT OLD CODGER, you can''t call wiz a daft old codger, senile old git maybe but definitely not a daft old codger.   [:P][;)][:D] [/quote]

[/quote]

Lappin, as a fellow carrowroad.net poster, is safe from my wrath.......................although many on here are not! and I showed plenty of evidence in my first post on this thread.

Rather than other poster''s pathetic taunts, spin and insults to hide the reality of our appalling situation, I bring you viable truths!.[:|]

[quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just woke up after an afternoon nap - all my hair has fallen out and I''m wearing a replica binners kit.

[/quote]

Well, well, well. If you have had to have an afternoon nap you must be in your dotage so I can only conclude that you are a cantankerous, grumpy old man and unnecessarily rude to boot.

king of latvia, why is it hard to get them to come here? they seem to want to join plymouth, barnsley and so called clubs with less prospects. the real reason i suspect is because we wont pay for them or the wages because we havent got the money. if you sell the club well enough they will join but thats the question i would like answered, what do we actually do to attract decent players?

Personally it would not bother me at all if we signed no-one. It seems to me we could do with some new blood, but we have enough in us to stay in this Division, which is what it is all about this season. I am no expert on the balence sheet, but we are some 17 Million in debt I believe. After looking at the Liverpool situation, and noting that their interest payments alone on their debt will be some 25 milllion a year, it makes me feel that not only is our club better run, we still have a soul, which is more than you can say for the top teams in the premiership. I am thoroughly enjoying this season, despite the Cup defeat, and do not envy the top 4 in the prem one little bit. Glen, please check out the Carlisle youth who beat Man U in the F.A Youth Cup.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lappin, as a fellow carrowroad.net poster, is safe from my wrath.......................although many on here are not! and I showed plenty of evidence in my first post on this thread.

Rather than other poster''s pathetic taunts, spin and insults to hide the reality of our appalling situation, I bring you viable truths!.[:|]

[/quote]

Not really thou is it mate, its a guess. I know what you are getting at, I admit we will not be flush with money, like most other clubs. But I do think their is some money for GR. It is modern practice for a new or new (ish) manager is to get rid of players to make money for new ones, Brum have done it and are trying to get more out of the door and So has GR, he has got rid of a lot of dead wood and a fair bit of the wage build.

I still think we will get 1 or 2 or even if luck comes are way 3 more players, GR will try his best to get him but he has stated, which is not spin, that players are hard to come by, there are too expensive to boot, but and it is a big BUT, we should have had players here already.

Althou said and done, you are rught that we are skint, but then everybody knew that and we have to face the truths that the modern football world has 2 clubs, one rich and one poor. I know one I would want out of the 2.

Ps, you are right about the personal insults, we don''t need them here, I have been guilty in the past and maybe in the last week too [6], but lay of the wizalts aka insults as I have know named it, he is an old moaning, pesimistic, slightly repitive wizard but we love him, ok we don''t we tolerate him Te He.

Deja-vu as you said this in exactly the same way a while ago!

Why dont you wait until the end of the window?  But as usual I suspect this more of a ''look at me'' thread.

WE ARE ALL BUT BROKE.

[/quote]

Can you define broke for me 1st Wizard? If you mean that we are about to go into administration, I would say there is no evidence to back this up and it goes against what the accounts say. If you mean that we have to sell players to bolster our transfer kitty, I would agree with you, but then at what part of our history have we not been a selling club?