Sign in to follow this  
rudenotto69

Gibbs from Arsenal signed on Loan

That young arsenal player now appears to be Kieran Gibbs as weve just got him on loan according to SSN. Never heard of him myself.

I believe he''s a left-back/left-mid. What on earth is Roeder thinking? That''s four second-string Prem kids in already, and not a single striker!

[quote user="ricky knight"]Skysports, Keiren Gibbs signed from Arsenal on loan, first loanee i am happy about, very good prospect.[/quote]

Why, because he''s the first one you''ve heard of.... Roedor knows whats he''s doing so just let him sign em!

[quote user="Coelho"]I believe he''s a left-back/left-mid. What on earth is Roeder thinking? That''s four second-string Prem kids in already, and not a single striker![/quote]Is he thinking what Birmingham were thinking when they signed Bendtner and Larsson on loan from Arsenal ?  They do sell their loan players on you know, Larsson ended up at Brum for a million I think.

WOW, SUPRISED I WAS RIGHT WHEN SAID HIM THE OTHER DAY!!!

good player, another loan but least he good quality loan

remember 6 max allowed in squad on sat

gibbs, reading players x 2, camara, betrand, evans got feeling missing one? or is that all

Primarily a left sided player!  Like thats what we need as we have Camara Bertrand Huckerby Chadwick who can all happily play there and are decent players.  We now cant play all the loans at once which is insanity and surely not what the managers of their respective sides wanted.  Central midfeilders are not exacly an issue now either.   Again none of these players will be able to sign perminantely so its back to square one in May.   I am angry now

Does anyone know how long he is here for ?   Why do we have 7 loan players when 5 can only play.  

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Skysports, Keiren Gibbs signed from Arsenal on loan, first loanee i am happy about, very good prospect.[/quote]

Why, because he''s the first one you''ve heard of.... Roedor knows whats he''s doing so just let him sign em!

[/quote]

True. Some fans (Not just norwich) will instantly write off a player if they have never heard of them.

Id never heard of Bertrand or Evans before we got them in but they seem to have done pretty nicely!

[quote user="Duffman"]Does anyone know how long he is here for ?   Why do we have 7 loan players when 5 can only play.   [/quote]It''s called having cover, I believe.

[quote user="Boba Fett"]Primarily a left sided player!  Like thats what we need as we have Camara Bertrand Huckerby Chadwick who can all happily play there and are decent players.  We now cant play all the loans at once which is insanity and surely not what the managers of their respective sides wanted.  Central midfeilders are not exacly an issue now either.   Again none of these players will be able to sign perminantely so its back to square one in May.   I am angry now[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieran_Gibbs

Seems as though he is left wing or centre-mid.

So that''s two wingers today, and with Croft, Hux and Bertrand (and even without Chadwick), we should get good service from the wings.But who will score from their crosses, Dion, so long as he remains fit, and....?  We still needed a striker. It looks as if GR was counting on Paterson!

[quote user="Salopian"]So that''s two wingers today, and with Croft, Hux and Bertrand (and even without Chadwick), we should get good service from the wings.

But who will score from their crosses, Dion, so long as he remains fit, and....?  We still needed a striker. It looks as if GR was counting on Paterson!
[/quote]

Indeed. One big name striker and I would be very happy from this window...

Its the first one i know something about so that says he is one to watch does it not, otherwise i would have heard of the others, like you have heard of them all,, i trust Roeder, not the board, their is a diference mr IQ. the others may turn out great but surerly a team full of loanees is like building a house on sand, i would also like to see some older heads as well, am i allowed an opinon if it dont fit in with yours.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Coelho"]I believe he''s a left-back/left-mid. What on earth is Roeder thinking? That''s four second-string Prem kids in already, and not a single striker![/quote]Is he thinking what Birmingham were thinking when they signed Bendtner and Larsson on loan from Arsenal ?  They do sell their loan players on you know, Larsson ended up at Brum for a million I think.[/quote]I wasn''t specifically criticising the signing of Gibbs, rather the balance (or lack of) in the squad at present. I''d have taken Gibbs over Henry, no question, but I don''t see the need to sign both. As long as we get a striker by the end of the day I''ll be happy. I''m also rather perturbed by the signing of Bates, when he was the one who crippled Chadwick at Portman last season (and then laughed about it). I''m generally a very positive kind of fan and I''m a big fan of Roeder, but I can''t see too much benefit in clogging up the squad with inexperienced loan kids – I''d rather we''d have just signed Pearce and Gibbs, and given Cave-Brown and Smart the chance to act as backup players. He''s obviously freeing up lots of wages with a view to a serious transfer assault in the summer, which is a smart play, but it''s a bit disruptive to the development of our own youngsters when you''re bringing in a whole host of Premier reserve lads to scupper their chances of breaking through.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Its the first one i know something about so that says he is one to watch does it not, otherwise i would have heard of the others, like you have heard of them all,, i trust Roeder, not the board, their is a diference mr IQ. the others may turn out great but surerly a team full of loanees is like building a house on sand, i would also like to see some older heads as well, am i allowed an opinon if it dont fit in with yours.[/quote]

Ay??

You said its the first one your happy about. How come you were unhappy with the other loanees?

No ones diasgreeing the amount of loanees and lack of signings is worrying..

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Coelho"]I believe he''s a left-back/left-mid. What on earth is Roeder thinking? That''s four second-string Prem kids in already, and not a single striker!
[/quote]

Is he thinking what Birmingham were thinking when they signed Bendtner and Larsson on loan from Arsenal ?  They do sell their loan players on you know, Larsson ended up at Brum for a million I think.
[/quote]
I wasn''t specifically criticising the signing of Gibbs, rather the balance (or lack of) in the squad at present. I''d have taken Gibbs over Henry, no question, but I don''t see the need to sign both. As long as we get a striker by the end of the day I''ll be happy.

I''m also rather perturbed by the signing of Bates, when he was the one who crippled Chadwick at Portman last season (and then laughed about it). I''m generally a very positive kind of fan and I''m a big fan of Roeder, but I can''t see too much benefit in clogging up the squad with inexperienced loan kids – I''d rather we''d have just signed Pearce and Gibbs, and given Cave-Brown and Smart the chance to act as backup players.

He''s obviously freeing up lots of wages with a view to a serious transfer assault in the summer, which is a smart play, but it''s a bit disruptive to the development of our own youngsters when you''re bringing in a whole host of Premier reserve lads to scupper their chances of breaking through.
[/quote]

But most of them have never played in the premier, have they?.

Wiz - If they had played in the premier (Or at least been a success playing in the premier) surely they wouldnt be available to come on loan to a lower division one side?

because he is good lad and even if we had a good squad he would be a good addition imo, the others seem like desperation stakes, i am here to be proved wrong and hope i am but are they the class we need to progress, time will tell.

Gibbs, according to Wikipedia, got a standing ovation after Arsenal played Inter Milan. If he''s a Wenger player then his technical pedigree will obviously be outstanding. Am not surprised we''ve signed so many loans as buying players outright at the moment will generally cost more, but i do hope we get a decent striker before the end of the day to add competition. How many players have we signed now since Jan 1st? Not doing badly really.

[quote user="ricky knight"]because he is good lad and even if we had a good squad he would be a good addition imo, the others seem like desperation stakes, i am here to be proved wrong and hope i am but are they the class we need to progress, time will tell.[/quote]

Im unsure, but as I said earlier I had never heard of Bertrand or Evans before they came. They came good.

Im not expecting every loanee/purchase to be a first choice player, that isnt feasible. It appears we have a good first team right now, given our recent form. We desperately lack cover right now. This is what Glenn appears to be addressing. If he sorts out a new striker or two then that would be very handy as well.

Also if some of these loan players come good, it may lead to a future purchase.

NURSE! NURSE!

RICKY''S GONE ALL STRANGE!