Sign in to follow this  
beachball

Reserve Game Report

I decided to take a detour around the M25 on my way back to Norwich and pop into Grays last night for the Reserve Game, and enjoyed a very pleasant evening. As I have been reading about the lack of talent at our club I thought I might try and express my views of what I saw last night. For some reason Spillane was playing at right back and Cave Brown at centre half with a young academy lad for a partner,Simon Lappin at Left back was his usual uninterested self and one of the poorer players on display. In midfield Lathrope failed to impress and ominously looks very slow and pedestian like, did not tackle and lost possesion alot. His partner Rossi Jarvis was bright and worked hard and Eagle on the left looked good on occassions. Bexfield on the right was the star of the first half with his pace and crosses, his work with a classy Ryan Jarvis produced most of the openings. Up front Martin huffed and puffed but surprisinly lost some physical battles with their defenders,looks good when given a goal scoring opportunity . Ryan Jarvis looks a good footballer but does not have the killer blow in front of goal.

Second half saw some changes against a tired Grays side who had chased the ball and Norwich players for most of the evening. Bally Smart and Luke Daly took their chances well.All in all a nice evening and some very good young players on display who given a chance are maybe just as good as some of our loan signings. The Quality of the opposition was questionable but all you can do is beat what is put in front. No Roeder watching just the new Reserve Manager who shouted alot at Lappin-that will definitely end in tears.

Nice little ground with a very friendly atmosphere shame about the pitch but a decent pint

I was also at last nights game and agree with more or less everything you said. Bexfield played his heart out and was man of the match for the first half. Cave brown was solid in defence and academy player Tom Miller did well too. Lappin looked half hearted and miserable as he did against Colchester in last reserve game. Spillane struggled and Eagle did a lot of running although I don''t think his end product was any good. Lathrope was a complete waste of time except for his effort at goal. Rossi Jarvis was ok but Ryan Jarvis didn''t look anything like  a pro. Martin had a poor touch and if he has to run for anything then there''s no hope. Ross Kelly, Bally Smart and Luke Daley did well to get into the game. I think Lathrope should have been subbed first rather than Bexfield. You hit the nail on the head as far as lathropes game went. he hasn''t impressed me in any recent games either for the reserves or u18 matches. Will be interesting to see how he progresses though he doesn''t fill me with confidence.