Sign in to follow this  
westcountrycanary

AFTER A MONTH OF WAITING??

Well finally the day has arrived, i along with many others have been glued to the pc for a hole mounth checking on new singings 24hrs a day, I still beleave we ll get our man and that tiny will become a norwich player today!

As for the other signings i just hope we make them permanent and not all loanees, anyway here is to a great days shopping?????

The ex-manager and now GR have both said that it is very difficult in January to sign players who are any good. Other managers are not wanting to part with their better players, except at very high price and with time to find a replacement, who will also need a premium.We need good stop gaps, becaue the squad is small, but now is not the time to splash out. In the summer there will be Bosmans, and other managers more relaxed about letting good players go. Who knows, one of these stop gaps could become a future transfer signing?

[quote user="Salopian"]The ex-manager and now GR have both said that it

is very difficult in January to sign players who are any good. Other

managers are not wanting to part with their better players, except at

very high price and with time to find a replacement, who will also need

a premium.We need good stop gaps, becaue the squad is small,

but now is not the time to splash out. In the summer there will be

Bosmans, and other managers more relaxed about letting good players go.

Who knows, one of these stop gaps could become a future transfer

signing?[/quote]

Agreed. 3 months ago, we''d have all jumped at the chance to stay up.

It''s looking like we will, but probably not make playoffs. The sensible

option is to get permanant signing in the summer rather than pay over

the odds now. Some of our better loans over the years have been bought

so it''s an ideal opportunity to trial them, not waste the cash on the

Lisbies or Elvis'' of the world and cement our safety in the

championship for this year. Ambition?  I''d rather we have more

cash in the bank at the end of the season.

Summer comes it will be all our transfer kitty went on those fantastic loans we had in January , its so predictable.

Oh Get real.  We are going to be ok after a disasterous start.  Why throw cash at players who are overpriced right now, especially when comparable players may be free in the summer and still leave us a transfer budget?  Roeder has connections and will get players, and good to see he is not as flippant as people like you want him to be with our transfer budget.  Thank god you dont run the club it would have done a Leeds years ago.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="SPat"]

I''d rather we have more cash in the bank at the end of the season.
[/quote]

Boy, they saw you coming didn''t they?.

[/quote]

"

Summer comes it will be all our transfer kitty went on those fantastic loans we had in January"eh ?are you from suffolk, you don''t sound too brightplease explain

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Salopian"]The ex-manager and now GR have both said that it is very difficult in January to sign players who are any good. Other managers are not wanting to part with their better players, except at very high price and with time to find a replacement, who will also need a premium.

We need good stop gaps, becaue the squad is small, but now is not the time to splash out. In the summer there will be Bosmans, and other managers more relaxed about letting good players go. Who knows, one of these stop gaps could become a future transfer signing?
[/quote]

Agreed. 3 months ago, we''d have all jumped at the chance to stay up. It''s looking like we will, but probably not make playoffs. The sensible option is to get permanant signing in the summer rather than pay over the odds now. Some of our better loans over the years have been bought so it''s an ideal opportunity to trial them, not waste the cash on the Lisbies or Elvis'' of the world and cement our safety in the championship for this year. Ambition?  I''d rather we have more cash in the bank at the end of the season.
[/quote]

well said....... i would still like to see a striker come in. And martin taylor obviously, but this looks well and truely off now that cahill has gone to bolton.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="SPat"]

I''d rather we have more cash in the bank at the end of the season.[/quote]

Boy, they saw you coming didn''t they?.

[/quote]

Oh stop being so tediously melodramatic

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Summer comes it will be all our transfer kitty went on those fantastic loans we had in January"

eh ?

are you from suffolk, you don''t sound too bright

please explain
[/quote]

For a start, he at least capitalised a number of his words, a grammatical convention you seem unconcerned with.

With regard to the content, I''ll also help you out. Based on recent perfromance in transfer dealings, he expects the board will use the large number of loans they''ve sanctioned as another "financial blackhole", making the purchase of actual NCFC squad members a dreadful impossibility.

If you need help again, just ask.

[quote user="Bob Carolgees Pampthlet of Catchphrases"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Summer comes it will be all our transfer kitty went on those fantastic loans we had in January"eh ?are you from suffolk, you don''t sound too brightplease explain[/quote]

For a start, he at least capitalised a number of his words, a grammatical convention you seem unconcerned with.

With regard to the content, I''ll also help you out. Based on recent perfromance in transfer dealings, he expects the board will use the large number of loans they''ve sanctioned as another "financial blackhole", making the purchase of actual NCFC squad members a dreadful impossibility.

If you need help again, just ask.

[/quote]Oh so you are from Suffolk then.  That''s cleared that up.  Are my capitals in place ?  Are you planning to stay in Norfolk all day, or should I lock up my livestock ?

Just back home from work having already heard about the 3 loanees i see we have signed another making it 4 for the day!

Cant see any real signings being made now, but i hope im wrong (really hope)