Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

I'm NOT happy.....I haven't heard of these 4 loanees!

I am sick of people moaning today on how these loanees will add nothing to the side just because you''ve never heard of them before means they will be crap!

Well let me inform you that Matthew Bates will provide good cover espically for Doherty. James Henry is one of Reading''s very best propsects and will probably displace Huckerby as he is a hell of a lot quicker and has more passion for the game. Kieran Gibbs is another highly rated midfielder and with Fozzy out for a little while, he will keep the likes of Pattison et al on their toes and finally Alex Pearce has been dominant in the defensive role at Bournemouth and the Reading reserves.

While I do agree, we could do with a striker permanently to support Ched, I dont agree on some of you writing these young stars off before you''ve even seen them. I''d never heard of Ched before he moved here and he is the same ages as Pearce and Henry but I dont here any of you saying that Ched is a ''kid''.

I have full confidence in Roedor''s ability to find great young prospects, I know that Roedor has been looking for a striker but players who want to play are hard to find and I''d much prefer Roedor to not sign anyone if all we can get is washed up, i''d rather sit on my arse than play players!

Now Support the team and cheer our players on!

Now support the team and cheer our players on . Thats just the point half the squad are not OUR players .

Well said Tom, Roeder has steadily assembled a group of bright young British Guns who must be buzzing as a group and who we should be excited to have around. The image of our Club is beginning to change into a testing ground for emerging talent to establish itself at Championship level on their way up.

More than that I suspect Roeder will eventually want to bid for players he hopes to win the hearts of - note how Evans wanted to get back here to play - and very few players come up through a Club''s ranks and stay there;  it is generally important to cut the apron strings to develop.

I stick by my prediction that Roeder will bring us a top side with an average age of 24 or less. It reminds me of what managers such as Tommy Docherty did at Man Utd years ago.

These are very exciting times.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Evans is off soon!.[/quote]

Do you have any evidence to back up your statement? You really are one miserable b**stard aren''t you? You''re typical of a sizeable minority of Norwich fans that will never, ever be happy.

Winning the Championship then the Prem then Champions League still wouldn''t be enough for the likes of you… cos quite simply you will never be happy… in this life nor the next if such a thing exists.

[quote user="The Drop"]Now support the team and cheer our players on . Thats just the point half the squad are not OUR players .[/quote]

So you''d prefer us to sign 4 has been journeyman?

I agree Tom. I trust Glenn to know what he''s doing, he''s a shrewd cookie. He is intent on reshaping the squad and the summer will be when it happens. Meanwhile, I''m happy that he is bringing talented, hungry young players in on loan - rather than wasting money on permanently signing players who aren''t his targets, just for the sake of it.

I''m sure if any of his real transfer targets had been available, he''d have got them. By waiting, there is a fair chance he''ll get at least some of them in the summer.

Meanwhile, I think Carrow Road will see some entertaining, vibrant football for the remainder of the season. There is now real competition for places.

OTBC!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

Where have you heard this from?

[/quote]

His loan ends at the end of February doesn''t it?

[/quote]

He''s temp loan until mid Febuary I believe.

Although I''m a little underwhelmed with so many relatively unknown loanees I share your point of view. Evans and Bertrand have definitely added something to the squad and I would much rather see young hungry players of their ilk here than senior pro''s who come with a fraction of the motivation for christ nows how much more a week in wages! We now have defensive cover and some exciting young attack-minded players.

That''s the positive view anyway! We''re going along nicely at the moment, so i''ll save the criticisms for another time! Although a goalscorer would be nice... 

[quote user="andy larkin"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Evans is off soon!.[/quote] Do you have any evidence to back up your statement? You really are one miserable b**stard aren''t you? You''re typical of a sizeable minority of Norwich fans that will never, ever be happy. Winning the Championship then the Prem then Champions League still wouldn''t be enough for the likes of you… cos quite simply you will never be happy… in this life nor the next if such a thing exists.[/quote]

Spot on Andy.

And we are sick to death of all you know all percy''s thinking you know it all and believing you are real supporters. We are not knocking the lads coming in although we question the ambition of it, also the wisdom, you dont win nout with kid''s is not the saying for nothing. We are desperate for a goalscorer where is he. Evans goes back in a fortnight, i think even the biggest PP can see that position needs attention. I am behind Roeder for now, the team and lads coming in but this board needs to go as i dont believe, nobody would want this club, its another lame excuse.

[/quote]

reports say mid february,

No but consider again we are NOT clear of the relegation fight. Time will tell but I think we have maybe put all our eggs in a very young basket. Personally a mix of youth and proven experience at this level just may be more what we need right now?

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="The Drop"]Now support the team and cheer our players on . Thats just the point half the squad are not OUR players .[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I would prefer us to actually sign a decent player on a permanent deal.

All that these loanees tell us is that we are either unwilling or unable to finance a proper transfer.

Very disappointed with todays business because it demonstrates our poverty and our poverty of ambition.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

All that these loanees tell us is that we are either unwilling or unable to finance a proper transfer.

Very disappointed with todays business because it demonstrates our poverty and our poverty of ambition.

[/quote]No it''s not. It''s telling us a. Glenn doesn''t think we need any perm. signings and b. the players he does want to sign perm. are either too expensive or just not in the postion to come to the club.The board has absolutely nothing to do with this. It is all due to Glenn. Footy fans are fickle, they always want a nice big £250k signing even though he''s probably rubbish, otherwise why would they sell him. Too many times we have bought rubbish players in january that were panic buys, robinson and brown spring to mind.We can build a new team in the summer, when time, money and the market are all on our side.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, I challenge you to find me some ''proper'' targets who are available to come to Norwich City, who are hungry and passionate to play first team football and who''s club will let them go. The only person who has been transfered today who i''d like to see in a Norwich shirt is Lee Bromby.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he is here to end of season  but may be recalled to Man City after mid Feb if they need him back

[quote user="ricky knight"]

And we are sick to death of all you know all percy''s thinking you know it all and believing you are real supporters. We are not knocking the lads coming in although we question the ambition of it, also the wisdom, you dont win nout with kid''s is not the saying for nothing. We are desperate for a goalscorer where is he. Evans goes back in a fortnight, i think even the biggest PP can see that position needs attention. I am behind Roeder for now, the team and lads coming in but this board needs to go as i dont believe, nobody would want this club, its another lame excuse.

[/quote]

Fully agree Ricky.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he is here to end of season  but may be recalled to Man City after mid Feb if they need him back

[/quote]

Now confirmed by web team, late Feb................lets pray we can extend it.

With Man Cith about to sign Benjani, the emergence of Sturridge, Castillo and Bojinov back in a few weeks (and not forgetting Vassell) I would be surprised if Evans was not still  here at the end of the season...   

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]

reports say mid february,

[/quote]The "reports" say that Ched is here until the end of april (28th), Man City have a 24 hour call back option as of Feb 6th i believe. With Daniel Sturridge having scored 3 in 3 (1 reserve, one prem and one Fa cup) after 15months out, i can''t see Sven clamouring to call Ched back, unless of course he has an injury crisis.I personally, whilst disappointed we do not have a new striker on a permanent YET, am pleased with all these loans. They are talented youngsters. Gibbs and Henry are particularly good signings and both are touted as being amongst the hottest prospects in England right now. I am very happy we have managed to get hold of them and think they will be fantastic additions to our squad.Henry is lightning quick and will certainly worry Hucks for his place. TBH i wouldn''t be surprised to see Mr Huckerby departing us this evening.Gibbs is a playmaker. Fozzy injured for a few games, but even so, had no competition for his place. Suddenly he does, i think this is a real coup as Gibbs will add that creative spark we have been so desperately lacking.I dont know too much about Bates, apart from the Chadwick incident, and that he has had a horrific spell of injuries. I also know that Boro thought him good enough to start 21games for them in 2005/2006 season. He could be good for us. Adds competition for Semi, which is an area i think we all know GR wanted to strengthen.As for Pearce, i haven''t heard of him, but official site says he is a "commanding CB"....THAT''S EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED!! Yeah ok, he may not be the tiny everyone hoped for, but just because he isn''t Martin Taylor, does not mean he will not be a good player. Maybe even better than Taylor.... and about 9 years younger. So I''d guess he will add some MUCH NEEDED pace to our defence. Roeder is not a mug. If kids win nout Ricky, would you mind working out the average age of the Arsenal team and comparing it with our own? Besides which, We now have a much stronger squad, if we had a new striker we could be aiming for playoffs, i think without one we will struggle.Now will all you doom and gloom merchants please shut up. The "kids" haven''t played a game for us yet. And you may do well to remember, if we stay up this season, GR has achieved a fantastic result considering we were five points adrift and all around us are now trying to spend their way out of trouble.... I don''t care if all the loans leave in the summer, if they have kept us up then i will be happy, if we head onto a late surge to the playoffs, then great but we don''t have a good enough side to stay up anyway in the prem. Id rather consolidate in the summer and rout the league next year!!!OTBC

Ricky - my apologies, it is apparently me who is illiterate. I think Ched will stay until end of season now if Man C get Benjani though.Additional to this, Scunthorpe have signed horsefield today, anyone guess the odds Patterson will leave the Irons? Maybe not to us, but i think we will have him or Eastwood as a City player by tomorrow morning.

I can''t say i''ve heard of the lads we''ve loaned from reading but Kieran Gibbs was awsome in the FA Youth Cup Semi Final agaisnt Manchester United. And the Middlesbrough guy Matthew Bates isn''t that bad and can''t be much worse than Gary Doherty. I admit i''ve never been his greatest admirer but when he does paly well i do admit however this happens like every 10 games and him and Camera looked very poor agaisnt Southampton. So I would like to see this guy play against Preston on Saturday, unfortuantley we can''t cheer/boo Chris Brown as he has been uspended for them lol.

Over and Out norwich-crazy

[quote user="Tom NCFC"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, I challenge you to find me some ''proper'' targets who are available to come to Norwich City, who are hungry and passionate to play first team football and who''s club will let them go. The only person who has been transfered today who i''d like to see in a Norwich shirt is Lee Bromby.

[/quote]

Other teams can find proper targets but then I guess they have the money.

We obviously don''t or don''t want too.

Whatever way you spin it, it doesn''t look good.

I''m sorry. I hope I''m proved wrong here but I have watched  Bournemouth on a frequent basis this season and Henry and Pearce were awful for them and I dont see any reason why they should be much different for us. Of course it could be that Bournemouth are in freefall to a certain extent and they were never gonna be able to show how good they were but I cant say the news of the signings today filled me with a great deal of optimism.