Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Any Striker News?

Punting Canary, do you have any information yet?

Is this striker we''re supposedly after on his way, you were right about the reading lads, i just hope the striker arrives.

Theres no sign of an Evans Extension, leaving us Dublin as the only target man (whos certainly not guarenteed to stay fit), with an off form cureton, an unfit Martin and Jarvis, who just isnt up to it.

Come on Glen

Lets Be Havin You!

Huddy - Evans extension will come as soon as Man City tie up Benjani i would imagine. Aside from that i can only offer my own (very much uninformed) conjecture. Scunny have signed Horsefield so i''d guess Patterson is a poss, but with their chairman saying what he has, i dont think it will be him. Eastwood is a viable one imo, think that is certainly possible. Billy Sharp is also a very possible id guess as i dont think he is getting a game at Sheff U....Maybe, a lower league striker, possibly Mackail-Smith, Maclean, Kandol, or Beckford. aside from the aforementioned, my idea plain is barren!!Barlodona - Im assuming you are quite young. EVERYONE has left it late. They ALWAYS do in January. See Earnshaw/ Ashton if you don''t believe me. You watch on skysports.com transfer centre and see how many deals go through between 9pm and midnight tonight. My guess is at least nearly as many, if not more than the previous 30 and 7/8 days combined.

On BBC....  Who knows?

1759: More news from TM - Martin Paterson might be the next big deal of the day, but Scunthorpe are holding out for £4m from Norwich for their highly-rated 20-year-old striker.

Looks like their Chairman might have not been too far off....

1822: Transfer Mole latest:
Scunthorpe''s Martin Paterson could go for as much as £5m as Sunderland, Derby, Fulham and Reading are all interested. Watford and Burnley are keen too, but the only club to bid so far are Norwich.

The Eastwood rumour is still around with claims that he took a train to Norwich today, mentioned on TalkSport but only as a rumour mind.

Thats all I have heard though.

Scunthorpe''s Martin Paterson could go for as much as

£5m as Sunderland, Derby, Fulham and Reading are all interested.

Watford and Burnley are keen too, but the only club to bid so far are

Norwich.Latest from BBC. looks like he is out then, i wouldnt pay more than a mill personally, cant see anyone paying £5m......

Ched on a loan til end of the season looks good. Benjani having medical at Man C atm apparently, Daniel Sturridge on fire after return from injury and now they sign Caicedo, an Ecuadorian striker.... http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_3097473,00.htmlIncidentally, notice how many work permits have been granted today for players that are less qualified for one than that Bulgarian we "tried" for....?

As of yet I haven''t heard of anything but I was told that along with the Birmingham lads that buckets of hard work was being put in to bring a striker of quality to the club before the deadline, and that they were hopeful of getting one of their targets but as of this minute I haven''t heard anything more concrete, and I am not likely to now this evening before anyone else does.

If I do I will post.

[quote user="kick it off"]Ched on a loan til end of the season looks good. Benjani having medical at Man C atm apparently, Daniel Sturridge on fire after return from injury and now they sign Caicedo, an Ecuadorian striker.... http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_3097473,00.html

Incidentally, notice how many work permits have been granted today for players that are less qualified for one than that Bulgarian we "tried" for....?
[/quote]

Yeah, bloody typical!

[quote user="suffolk canary"]Ched''s confirmed until the end of the season - club site.  Better than nothing - he''s pretty much part of the furniture already anyway.[/quote]

this is good news.... but im saying its not the last of the news...... we are going to see a striker, and it will be late!! watch this space!!

[quote user="Yella_Forever"]

[quote user="suffolk canary"]Ched''s confirmed until the end of the season - club site.  Better than nothing - he''s pretty much part of the furniture already anyway.[/quote]

this is good news.... but im saying its not the last of the news...... we are going to see a striker, and it will be late!! watch this space!!

[/quote]

Watching....................are we there yet?.............come on...............oh please!!!

[quote user="Yella_Forever"]

[/quote]

Yella_forever you''ve got me on edge! Care to tell us anymore?

That''s my gut feeling too Yella.

Don''t think we''ve seen the last of the transfer activity at CR.

Hopefully we''ll get shot of the vastly over-rated and under-achieving Ryan Jarvis as well as Martin on loan.

No cash spent yet..................Time for Taylor and a target man to arrive!!!!!!!

OTBC!

[quote user="kick it off"]Incidentally, notice how many work permits have been granted today for players that are less qualified for one than that Bulgarian we "tried" for....?[/quote]Like who for example? I have only seen one non EU transfer go through, some Slovak from Bolton. And Brad Guzman the US Keeper'' had his work permit refused.

I am hoping that Rob Green or Ashton move so we can benefit from sell on percentages!

[quote user="Beatle"]

That''s my gut feeling too Yella.

Don''t think we''ve seen the last of the transfer activity at CR.

Hopefully we''ll get shot of the vastly over-rated and under-achieving Ryan Jarvis as well as Martin on loan.

No cash spent yet..................Time for Taylor and a target man to arrive!!!!!!!

OTBC!

[/quote]

jarvis and martin wont go yet because we need a striker to arrive first!! and that may happen to late.. but they can still both go on loan up till march!!!

oh and rossi jarvis may still leave to blackpool....

Afonso Alves to Middlesboro - he hasn''t signed yet but work permit has been granted.... and Caicedo to man city so far....admittedly, i misphrased the original comment, but thats two, to prem sides....

[quote user="jimmy500"]I am going to put head on the block and say that if we do sign another striker it will be Paterson for a hefty fee.  2m + a bucket load of add-ons maybe a player.[/quote]

this is it..

Its all to silent and with no cash spent, plus no striker signed yet i reckon for once in a transfer window the norwich fans will get the late shock signing.like the day i see Ashtons signs come up on sky sports.

Hopefully will be either

Shola

Patterson

Eastwood

Stead

Hulse

Wat you think will we get anyone make your bets now

scunny fans seem to think hes (paterson) been sold to an undiclosed club  for an undisclosed fee this morning.hence horsfield coming in on loan....

clutching at straws time... i''m getting quite excited.

With speculation regarding Scunthorpe''s leading goalscorer Martin Paterson refusing to go away, it promises to be a busy night. Don''t go too far away…