Sign in to follow this  
yellow hammer

Liverpool for relegation

Ok not for the next couple of seasons, but everything that is happening at Anfield suggests to me that the Big Red One is in serious trouble. Here''s my arguments.

First, Steve Gerrard is at the point in his career where he is looking at his England team mates picking up all the silverware and must be thinking about his own footballing legacy. The stats will show the cupboard is prety threadbare when  he approaches the end of his career. He has made the money and can move to another club and earn just as much, if not more, so money is not an issue for him. When he goes, and I think he will, it will be like ripping the heart of of the Liverpool club. Whether you like him or not, the fact is that he motivates not just the team, but the fans, and i suspect the club, too, from top to bottom. Without his driving force, Liverpool are an ordinary side.

Second, Liverpool makes very expensive signings and have a high level of mistakes, Cissie, Morientes etc. no name just a couple. They seem to look at a player''s price tag more than his ability, and like to buy expensive, mistaking it for quality.

Third, Liverpool are loaded with debt, now taking on 300million which has to be financed somehow. Benitez is furious that despite all this borrowing, most of it will go on a new stadium and very little will go into the transfer kitty.

Fourth, the recent game against Havant shows how poor the second string of players are. They haven''t developed a youth policy relying on expensivve imports instead.

Fifth, there are doubts over the future ownership of the club, whether it be Americans or Arabs and whether they can put the neccessary financing in place, which all affects the moral of the players and the manager.

So without money to rebuild a team, a poor squad and were Gerrard to leave, results could spiral out of control. Combining poor results, failure to to reach Champions League (I suspect they budget for admission each year) and a huge debt could see Liverpool doing a Leeds in a couple of years time.

And if that seems impossible, remember that Man U were relegaed to the old second division five years (I think) after their first European Cup victory. The unthinkable can happen.

Any one else agree?

I would LOVE IT if Liverpool get relagated. Benitez has been telling the media that he is still confident of a top 4 finish. Smug idiot. They wont be relagated this season but if everything pans out like you''ve suggested then they are on a slippery slope.

no,

basically given liverpool status in the game they will always be able to sell plenty merchandise around the uk and the world. they could also go on tours each summer to pick up extra revenue to the likes of dubai, korea etc...

if worse comes to worse they miss out on champs league they in uefa, yes not as good pay day, but most likely liverpool would reach least the semis in the tournement, this would be about 6 or 7 home ties, with their attendences they tend to get alot whoever they playing! they got 45k vs havant

so i would think they would get 40k regardless.

then this year they still fa cup with realistic chance winning it or reaching final, hence another pay day

the amount talent they have they could get 50-60m for likes crouch, riise, kuyt, alonso, sissoko (just gone) babel who are fringes of 1st team

let alone gerrard who they prob could sell worse come to it for 40m

then they would always have investors intrested in them regardless of situation as they know liverpool is a house hold name

il put it this way i see liverpool winning the league before going down and bust. although dont see them doing well soon

[quote user="C.T "]I would LOVE IT if Liverpool get relagated. Benitez has been telling the media that he is still confident of a top 4 finish. Smug idiot. They wont be relagated this season but if everything pans out like you''ve suggested then they are on a slippery slope.[/quote]

i also hate liverpool, almost as much as wba thats how much i hate the scousers and milan game last year was quality

ian rush, kenny daglish, graham souness, john barnes, robbie fowler, michael own, steven gerrard you boys took one hell of a beating! love it!

Teams like liverpool or man u will never get relegated anymore. I don''t think 80% of man u fans know they were relegated in the 80''s (seeing as most of them are gloryhunting scum-bags)Liverpool deserve everything they get. I cheered when WHU scored. Says it all doesn''t it.

But if Liverpool went into administration, what''s the betting that they would plead a special case to the FA that they should not have ten points deducted because of the effect (in their opinion) it would have on the national game or some other weasley excuse.