Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Miserable Lot

I don''t know about anyone else, but GR can do no wrong, this quote, kindly supplied by Nuff Said speaks volumes.

No we don''t have millions to spend, but IF (and it looks like they are) the board have backed Glenn''s transfer wishes, then I have to say good on them.

I have been on occasion one of Doncaster et al''s biggest critics, but it does look like GR doesn''t want to waste money and is concentrating on a drastic rebuild in the summer. Good on him, why waste more precious money on players who as soon as they sign treat the place like a holiday camp. I am quite happy to watch Reading and Arsenal youth players, if they are considered good enough by GR. I am thrilled to see, at last, a manager who cares about playing football in the right way and if the stream of young players achieve that and keep us safe from the relegation zone great stuff. Then time (and the resources) for some serious work in the close season.

I am big enough to admit maybe the board have seen their previous misguided policies re managerial appointments and that the emphasis re investments is beginning to concentrate on building a team rather than infrastructure.

For what it''s worth, I think this has been a good transfer window for us and we are, just maybe, on the road (sorry) to much greater things.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="bunny"]

As always you are totally wrong. GR did have money to buy players - fact.

[/quote]

Prove it!!!

[/quote]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Nuff Said"]From the official site:

"Just kept my powder dry," was Roeder''s response when asked why more wasn''t spent on transfer fees. "There was money there to spend. It was just trying to find the right player who takes us beyond this season. We tried to buy two, got knocked back on both of them and we''ll have to wait to the summer perhaps for those two lads.

"No criticism of the board. There was money there to spend if I could have found the right players to spend it on. These lads here that have come on loan, the clubs want them back. They''re here for the experience and to become better players when we send them back.

"Some of the fees that were being paid, especially for players at the end of the career; you sign them, pay an amount of money for them and they''re free transfers straight away. Others managers do what they have to do. I''ve always been very careful with other people''s money and make sure we get value for money when we do purchase.

"I''m confident that what I didn''t spend now will be available in the summer, plus more."

Nuff said!

[/quote]

Yeah well Roeder is a YES MAN... so what???

As I said new manager syndrome, papering over the cracks... call it whatever you will

Nothing will be spent again in the summer and you lot will all be blaming Roeder for our poor displays by next Christmas.... nothing has changed.

The real culprits will still be getting away with it come Christmas 2015 becuase far too many fools follow NCFC.

[/quote]

You ask someone to prove that there was money there. They do this quite categorically by using a direct quote from the man who would know most about the situation. But you still can''t admit you''re wrong! What do you choose to do instead? You attack Roeder, accusing him of being a yes man.

Have you ever - even once - admitted you were wrong? We all have to do it sometimes mate. Takes a big man to swallow his pride, put up his hands and admit he was wrong. Quite clearly this is something you are not. Even if Roeder were a yes man, I''d prefer to be a yes man than short-sighted.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Dicky"]

Why are the majority of posters on here now whingeing and moaning about the board, the manager, the lack of signings etc.

Under Glenn we have hauled ourselves out of the relegation zone, we are on a 9 game unbeaten league run and are playing good football.

Cheer up, we follow a great team that is on the up.

Off to St Mary''s now - OTBC

[/quote]

Sorry Dicky but today has just highlighted whats wrong with the club.

We have no money and this board are not prepared to take a gamble or put anymore of their own money in.

I am very happy with what Glen has done for us but it''s obvious that he is not going to be backed financially by our board.

To be quite honest I can''t say that I am very surprised.

[/quote]

Can someone turn this long-playing record off?

"Yeah well Roeder is a YES MAN... so what???"

SO WHAT?? Are you even more pig headed than you''ve previously appeared? This is a man who''s pulled out out of the sh*t, taken us on a 10 game unbeaten run (in the league, before you bring up Bury) and up to 16th. Surely anyone with any regard for the club, let along someone who claims to be a fan, whatsoever would agree that he''s done a fantastic job so far.

You''re not fit to wipe his shoes.

Has anyone considered the point that nearly all the best business is done in the close season?, Roeder isnt stupid and He did say he is "keeping his powder dry", so give the bloke some credit . Already we are sniping at a manager who has taken us out of the relegation zone, with Promotion Form I might add ,with not too many differences to our squad.

Thank god he came along and shipped out a lot of the deadwood, Building a team takes time, and literally he has to rebuild and has done wonders with what we have.  We never really know what goes on behind closed doors, so give Roeder a Chance to prove himself with Bringing in permanent siginings in the Future- hes a bloody good Manager and has invaluable contacts in the football world.

So dont shoot him down already wait and see, he has shown enough quality to get us where we are now, if grant was till here we would be completely stuffed and nearly relegated already. We were quite literally at the bottom with every aspect now its gonna turn for the better. Keep the faith and be patient

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Ricardo and Fudger are binners
[/quote]

Well I do live on the south side of the city Ralph.

Ha Ha Ha.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Ricardo and Fudger are binners
[/quote]

Gosh! Are they?[:O]

Crumbs......If it wasn''t for decent folk like you, we''d be infested with scheming Suffark 5th columnists......Keep up the good work![Y]

Erm........Isn''t Stowmarket in Suffark?......Oh no, the Major Shareholding duo aren''t sneaky double agent spies as well are they?

We''re relying on your acute observations and amazing clandestine ability to detect these insurgents.......Keep us informed.