Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Miserable Lot

Why are the majority of posters on here now whingeing and moaning about the board, the manager, the lack of signings etc.

Under Glenn we have hauled ourselves out of the relegation zone, we are on a 9 game unbeaten league run and are playing good football.

Cheer up, we follow a great team that is on the up.

Off to St Mary''s now - OTBC

[quote user="Dicky"]

Why are the majority of posters on here now whingeing and moaning about the board, the manager, the lack of signings etc.

Under Glenn we have hauled ourselves out of the relegation zone, we are on a 9 game unbeaten league run and are playing good football.

[/quote]

er was on the up until most of the squad players were moved on, now it will take just one or two injuries and we will be back in it!  (the poo that is!)

[quote user="David Walliams Cook Book"]

If only we could be half the fan that you are, Dicky.[/quote]

I suppose you''ll have to make do with the fan that you are, Mr Contact Book.

In the words of a great:

Dont Worry, Bout a thing,
Cause every little thing is gunna be alright.

found it spooky that that song came on when i opened this thread.

If only we could be half the fan that you are, Dicky.

Yeah, whatever.  Must apologise for being positive and getting behind the team, really sorry.

[quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

Sorry Dicky but today has just highlighted whats wrong with the club.

We have no money and this board are not prepared to take a gamble or put anymore of their own money in.

I am very happy with what Glen has done for us but it''s obvious that he is not going to be backed financially by our board.

To be quite honest I can''t say that I am very surprised.

Cracking game and great atmosphere at St Mary''s, DickyLoved the endless chants of " Type it up post it offhaving a little whinging "

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Cracking game and great atmosphere at St Mary''s, Dicky

Loved the endless chants of

" Type it up

post it off

having a little whinging "

[/quote]

A great away game made even better by being given players'' complimentary tickets whilst queuing up to buy some - result.

[quote user="ricardo"]

We have no money and this board are not prepared to take a gamble or put anymore of their own money in..[/quote]

So if we have no money how come we made a £85ok bid for the Scunthorpe striker and upped our bid for Tiny to £1m plus we have the money to pay wages for 7 loan players plus their hotel bills for 3 months?

Wheres that all come from??

[quote user="ricardo"]

We have no money and this board are not prepared to take a gamble or put anymore of their own money in.

I am very happy with what Glen has done for us but it''s obvious that he is not going to be backed financially by our board.

[/quote]

As always you are totally wrong. GR did have money to buy players - fact.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Prove it!!!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="ricardo"]

We have no money and this board are not prepared to take a gamble or put anymore of their own money in..[/quote]

So if we have no money how come we made a £85ok bid for the Scunthorpe striker and upped our bid for Tiny to £1m plus we have the money to pay wages for 7 loan players plus their hotel bills for 3 months?

[/quote]

How come we didn''t get a striker and new permanent centre back?

oh sorry I forgot we are saving it for the summer...  [:$]

From the official site:

"Just kept my powder dry," was Roeder''s response when asked why more

wasn''t spent on transfer fees. "There was money there to spend. It was

just trying to find the right player who takes us beyond this season.

We tried to buy two, got knocked back on both of them and we''ll have to

wait to the summer perhaps for those two lads.

"No criticism of the board. There was money there to spend if I

could have found the right players to spend it on. These lads here that

have come on loan, the clubs want them back. They''re here for the

experience and to become better players when we send them back.

"Some of the fees that were being paid, especially for players at

the end of the career; you sign them, pay an amount of money for them

and they''re free transfers straight away. Others managers do what they

have to do. I''ve always been very careful with other people''s money and

make sure we get value for money when we do purchase.

"I''m confident that what I didn''t spend now will be available in the summer, plus more."

Nuff said!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Probably that same £2.5 million we didn''t spend on Billy Sharp or Eastwood last summer.

Or perhaps the other £2 million we didn''t spend on the Bristol City guy in the previous January window.

How surprising that we didn''t spend it again this time.

How many times do they have to pull this trick before you see through it Angel?

Whats the problem if we finish 10th that would be a terrific result for us since we were bottom of the table and starting to become favourites to get relegated. Glen has showed he can bring in premiership loan players from 6 different Premiership clubs look what happened when we got in 3 loan player from the Premiership in our promotion season Harper was hardly world class.

I think Glens starting to build a squad that next season will make a push lets face it you don''t need million pound players to get promoted just look at what Bristol  City are doing this season as long as you play well you can find yourself near the top of this league. If he can bring in 2 or 3 season long loans ie Birmingham with Larsson, Bendtner etc. we will find ourselves up there.

Back Glen i thought he would be rubbish but have been proved wrong. Give these new lads a chance we''re probably not even paying thier wages.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah mate I''m always wrong. We are loaded really but we want to save it for the Summer.

Where have I heard that one before?

Suggest you take a look at the accounts.

I don''t make the figures up , they are all in the accounts.

I think there''s something else to add to this that has remained pretty much unmentioned so far ... namely the over-inflated prices of the transfer window. Let''s take Preston - in the relegation, need to act NOW. Among their signings is Neal Trotman; a 20 year old centreback who I''ve seen play for Oldham Athletic four or five times this season (my girlfriend''s a season ticket holder). He''s strong, quick, powerful in the air, composed on the ball - think a poor man''s Micah Richards - and I''ve thought he must have been a target for us this window. He''s ended up at Preston, who''ve paid £500k up front, with a further 250k to follow on appearances and a ''substantial'' sell on clause. Now take into account the fact he''s only made 22 senior appearances in his career. There''s no way that can be considered value for money. No way. And that''s before we get onto the 400k for Chris Brown...

Roeder seems a cautious, canny operator in the transfer market; the January transfer window DOESN''T offer value for money for clubs looking to bring in players on permanent deals. Hence the lack of activity. The board have made mistakes, and the revelations about the Strihavka deal are pretty disgraceful when he was presented to us as a 750k-1 million signing, but I don''t think you can blame the board for the lack of permanent deals this window. The summer will be a different matter entirely.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah mate I''m always wrong. We are loaded really but we want to save it for the Summer.

Where have I heard that one before?

Suggest you take a look at the accounts.

I don''t make the figures up , they are all in the accounts.

[/quote]

What about the £1m we spent on David Marshall, the 700k we spent on Jamie Cureton, the 500k (rumoured) we spent on Matty Pattison.  Would you have entrusted Peter Grant with £2m to spend on 1 player because I wouldn''t have.  Look at what he did sign, nearly all of them not good enough and now out of the door.  That is why the board didn''t give him anything to spend.

Glen Roeder has said he had some money to spend.  Who the hell are you to doubt him.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]From the official site:

"Just kept my powder dry," was Roeder''s response when asked why more wasn''t spent on transfer fees. "There was money there to spend. It was just trying to find the right player who takes us beyond this season. We tried to buy two, got knocked back on both of them and we''ll have to wait to the summer perhaps for those two lads.

"No criticism of the board. There was money there to spend if I could have found the right players to spend it on. These lads here that have come on loan, the clubs want them back. They''re here for the experience and to become better players when we send them back.

"Some of the fees that were being paid, especially for players at the end of the career; you sign them, pay an amount of money for them and they''re free transfers straight away. Others managers do what they have to do. I''ve always been very careful with other people''s money and make sure we get value for money when we do purchase.

"I''m confident that what I didn''t spend now will be available in the summer, plus more."

Nuff said!

[/quote]

Yeah well Roeder is a YES MAN... so what???

As I said new manager syndrome, papering over the cracks... call it whatever you will

Nothing will be spent again in the summer and you lot will all be blaming Roeder for our poor displays by next Christmas.... nothing has changed.

The real culprits will still be getting away with it come Christmas 2015 becuase far too many fools follow NCFC.

[quote user="Paul Williams"]

Whats the problem if we finish 10th that would be a terrific result for us since we were bottom of the table and starting to become favourites to get relegated. Glen has showed he can bring in premiership loan players from 6 different Premiership clubs look what happened when we got in 3 loan player from the Premiership in our promotion season Harper was hardly world class.

I think Glens starting to build a squad that next season will make a push lets face it you don''t need million pound players to get promoted just look at what Bristol  City are doing this season as long as you play well you can find yourself near the top of this league. If he can bring in 2 or 3 season long loans ie Birmingham with Larsson, Bendtner etc. we will find ourselves up there.

Back Glen i thought he would be rubbish but have been proved wrong. Give these new lads a chance we''re probably not even paying thier wages.

[/quote]

and they say us Nancy Negatives post unsubstantiated rubbish...

Honestly, where did this comment come from???

I am sure Coppell, Wenger & Sven let their players go on loan for free all the time at expense of having them in their own squads and possibly picking up injuries etc.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Paul Williams"]

[/quote]

and they say us Nancy Negatives post unsubstantiated rubbish...

Honestly, where did this comment come from???

I am sure Coppell, Wenger & Sven let their players go on loan for free all the time at expense of having them in their own squads and possibly picking up injuries etc.

[/quote]

I am quite sure that Coppell, Wenger & Sven would rather have there talented youngsters gaining experience at the level just below the Premier League.  Earning valuable experience and getting good competitive match experience is far better than playing second rate football in the much maligned regional reserve leagues.

I like it tonight.  Everytime you hit the keyboard you make yourself look an even bigger fool.  Keep it up... 

" Honestly, where did this comment come from??? "In the quote that you posted.It was a comment, qualified by prefacing it with "  we''re probably " rather than claiming it as fact as yourself, and the legendary forum Walter Mitty Arthur Whittle, routinely do.Talking of not paying wages, those we won''t be paying the wages of are the two players you stated that we would be signing on the last day of the transfer window.