Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet this weekend

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright [Y]

Nothing yet from Web Team Pete so I''m going to steal his thunder and go for Bristol Rovers to beat Port Vale. Rovers are in good form and although there is the possibility their minds could be on the FA Cup they are playing Port Vale who are marooned at the bottom and have lost their last five away games.

Bristol Rovers V Port Vale Home win.

Good luck Fellas[Y] I am sure you are just the man to get it right for us in what looks a tricky weeks fixtures........  Not ''arf [Y]

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

[/quote]

I decided against nominating Rovers this week after a poor draw away to Crewe - the Glory Gashead Boys FA Cup adventure is clearly proving a distraction but I look forward to seeing them at Wembley (for the third time in two seasons).

Just whacked ''em all into oddschecker and it''s come up with the best at 7.97. Don''t think that''s too bad. There''s quite a few selections there which have very short odds; inter, liverpool, aldershot etc.We shall see. I''m feeling confident and nervous, is that a good thing? It feels different when you pick ''em yourself.

Yep brilliant "fellas" You are the man . I liked how you thought all the teams out . But that was no more than I would have thought of you . Because you seem to have been watching all the latest results. well done "fellas" I want you back on the rota as soon as I can get you there . Because I watch all you Pickers like a hawk . I know when I have found a winner and boy oh boy have I found one here ? [Y] arrdee.

"Yankee1st&2nd. 

Great selection process Fella''s. Arrdee is right, you should be back on the rota real quick.

Remember when Yankee''s wise words a few weeks ago -  "Once individual selections have been made it is then the responsibility of the weekly selector to go over everything with the same due diligence before making the final selections"  You have certainly done that Fella''s [Y] You deserve to follow in Yankees footsteps as a winner and I really think you will. [Y][Y] What do you think Yankee?

Having seen the effort the Pink Un Pickers have made and the effort put into the final selections I''m sure it can only be cruel luck that could stop us this week.

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

Well Nutty, I don''t like to offer my comments on the individual selections of a single poster other than I wish the best for every selector. Without wishing to be ungracious I am certain that too many kind words have been cast in my direction over the luck I enjoyed over a mere couple of weeks because, as we all know, it is luck and the odds are against us. However, there are a few things that I think we can do to decrease the odds that are against us and this is how I approach it: 

• When I select, even though it is  team effort, I ignore the team inputs initially. I go through all the divisions and come up with what I believe are the top eight or nine that appeal to me.
  • I would only select an away team as an absolute last resort
  • I try to avoid selecting teams who may be too comfortable with their position. This could include teams at the top of their division if they feel they have a good gap relative to their nearest competitor, or mid-table teams who could feel unthreatened by relegation playing a bottom side.
  • I try to avoid selecting teams who have opponents with low standing but have very strong defensive records. A good defensive team with low points total still have better odds of squeezing out a draw even if they can''t score goals.
  • I try to avoid cup competitions or teams that have just gone through staff upheaval.
  • After considering the above, I then go back and consider the selections of others and see which ones match my selections, and how the remainder stack up versus my selections. Then I prune the list down to six final selections, ever mindful that we have a much better chance with five selections and a considerably lesser chance of success with seven selections.
  • Finally, I do not allow sentimentality to influence my selections by trying to be  a good team player and trying to "fit in" the selections of others. What I think is right is what I go with, even if it should turn out that my selections are all wrong and the submissions of others turned out to be mostly correct.

[quote user="arrdee"]I would just like to say to "Lappinitup" well done as I see you have been on the board for 1 year . Happy birthday you lovely old boy ,I am sure you are going to get the hang of it soon .[:D] arrdee.[/quote]Thanks for that arrdee, I''ll keep you a piece of cake.   [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="arrdee"]I would just like to say to "Lappinitup" well done as I see you have been on the board for 1 year . Happy birthday you lovely old boy ,I am sure you are going to get the hang of it soon .[:D] arrdee.[/quote]Thanks for that arrdee, I''ll keep you a piece of cake.   [:D]

[/quote]

Thanks "Lapp" but I can''t eat cake . However I do accept money .[:D] arrdee

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Thanks "Lapp" but I can''t eat cake . However I do accept money .[:D] arrdee

[/quote]Oh dear ardee, the bribes thing again....

You really ought to be more careful !!   [:S]

[quote user="Fellas"]Just whacked ''em all into oddschecker and it''s come up with the best at 7.97. Don''t think that''s too bad. There''s quite a few selections there which have very short odds; inter, liverpool, aldershot etc.

We shall see. I''m feeling confident and nervous, is that a good thing? It feels different when you pick ''em yourself.
[/quote]

Yes I think feeling nervous is a good sign "fellas" that''s something I never did because I knew I had no chance of winning .I was next to useless , the worst possible person ever to make the final selections . I use to think ,I didn''t pick his team last week I better pick it this week, regardless If I liked It or not.It was important to me to keep the Free Bet going . Some say my policy was right because here we are a strong and resilient force with more fans joining us every week . I think the Mods have helped by making it a sticky each week so thanks for that , we even have web- Pete making selections. I know I won''t get every poster on the Free Bet , those with thousands of posts to their name I suppose they are afraid of having their pride pricked If they lose . Now there''s a weapon for you If you ever get into a debate with one of these you can always say "lets see your nap on the Free Bet then I will listen to you".

Of course we must never lose sight of the fact that the Free Bet is there for your entertainment Its for all you lovely old Norwich City fans . As "Lappinitup" said "I don''t know what sat afternoons would be like without the Free Bet" Its also for those fans that cant get to the matches for various reasons be It health , or not being able to afford it , or living far away , you can support your beloved team by just making that one selection , just think If your "nap"is selected and our line wins you will be a big part of It , you will have helped your club .

Remember you City fans that Norwich are the only club In the U.K. to have the Free Bet so lets not waste our chance to help our club, our one and only Norwich City [Y] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd.  

Great post Yankee!

I hope my original post didn''t come across as commenting adversely on posters selections or the way final selections have been made. I was really just thinking about the post you made a few weeks ago and how us Free Bet Fredders have become more diligent in our selections and final selections. It''s not just Fellas this week, every week it seems the picks and final selections have become more and more thorough. It''s obvious to anyone that a lot of thought and hard work has gone into the selections and although luck is still involved the odds are moving in our favour if we keep this up.

This post of yours is worth keeping for reference as indeed are the posts of many of the posters over the months.  Good old Chesterfield Blah[;)][Y] also gave us a good point of reference with his link to the information available on FootballAnorak.com.

I reckon Arrdee is proud of the way the Free Bet has evolved as I think we all should be.

Yep the bet is on thanks to the magnificent effort from "fellas"a really outstanding achievement from the young man . I have no worries for the Free Bet in the future with Pickers like "fellas" coming through , the bet is...

Bologna-----------------------3-10--------"Yankee" C

Ebbsfleet----------------------8-11---------Trent C

Liverpool----------------------3-10---------Cosmic Twin

East Fife-----------------------1-4-----------P'' boro C

Ivory Coast--------------------4-9-----------"fellas"

Inter Milan---------------------1-5-----------"fellas"

Aldershot----------------------2-5------------Leeds C

Which will win with Dixmar Racing £78-55p  I ran the same bet through Boyle sports who are supposed to be the best , without your £10 stake, as we are,  their payout would be £59-51 just goes to show you how Billy Dixon is looking after us . So once again thanks "fellas" you have done us proud , roll on 3 o''clock [Y] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

Ebbsfleet won! Liverpool are winning. Now it''s just the 3 bankers left! (assuming liverpool win, which they should.)

[quote user="Fellas"]Just checked an Bologna have won too. Now if it does go wrong, it''ll be all my fault.
[/quote]

Thats good news.

Inter will win 100%. And the Ivory coast are my tip to win the whole thing.

Nothing can stop us now!

[quote user="Fellas"]Just checked an Bologna have won too. Now if it does go wrong, it''ll be all my fault.
[/quote]

Wow we! "fellas" We are at the races , just the two matches to go tomorrow , If Bologna won , I could not find it but obviously you did .

So Its Inter tomorrow afternoon and Ivory Coast in the evening nothing going to stop us now , such excitement well done "fellas"you are going great guns .I don''t intend to mention Stran!!!oops nearly did [:D]arrdee.

What an exciting day we have in store , we have Inter Milan first up k.o.2 o''clock , now does anyone know how we can keep in touch with that match? and if Inter win Its all riding on the Ivory Coast this evening k.o.7 30 that match is live on B B C 3 also I believe on Euro sport . Now this Is what the Free Bet Is all about entertainment and excitement .

"Fellas" this is your day , well just relax and let it wash over you ,we all know you are going to do It , If we lose no one is going to blame you , besides you provided more than enough excitement yesterday and you know us family of lovely old Pickers don''t do any finger pointing ,arrdee wont have any of that on the Free Bet thread .

We all admire you "Fellas" for getting so close anyway, especially me and I know I can say the same for Nutty,I know he Is proud of you young man, I can''t wait to put you on arrdees line of fame alongside "Yankee" you will be in good company . Talk to you lovely old Pickers later [Y] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

[quote user="arrdee"]

What an exciting day we have in store , we have Inter Milan first up k.o.2 o''clock , now does anyone know how we can keep in touch with that match? and if Inter win Its all riding on the Ivory Coast this evening k.o.7 30 that match is live on B B C 3 also I believe on Euro sport . Now this Is what the Free Bet Is all about entertainment and excitement .

"Fellas" this is your day , well just relax and let it wash over you ,we all know you are going to do It , If we lose no one is going to blame you , besides you provided more than enough excitement yesterday and you know us family of lovely old Pickers don''t do any finger pointing ,arrdee wont have any of that on the Free Bet thread .

We all admire you "Fellas" for getting so close anyway, especially me and I know I can say the same for Nutty,I know he Is proud of you young man, I can''t wait to put you on arrdees line of fame alongside "Yankee" you will be in good company . Talk to you lovely old Pickers later [Y] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

[/quote]

Hello Ray, Channel five have got Football Italiano at 13.45 Inters not the main game but they keep up to date with the other scores.

B.B.C. 3 Have got the Ivory Coast game live kicking off at 20.30.

Lets hope we can see our Free Bet "Coasting" to our 3rd win of the season, fingers and everything else crossed. 

good work and good luck today

come on....

i will certainly be watching ivory coast if inter win

Definitely! Fingers crossed for the last two.

Was a little jittery when Liverpool were still 0-0 at half time!

Great job so far Fellas, you''re nearly there! [:D]

It''s getting exciting Fellas....I hope you are enjoying it. Inter-Milan has gone ahead on a penalty after 34 minutes.

Nobody will be more excited than me Fellas ( including you ) if your predictions come through today. I want this monkey off my back of being the only winner. When there are multiple winners others will start to see the possibility as being much greater. Good luck.

just checked scores on bet365

inter 1 -0 up

but down to 10men after 60mins

30mins to go, lets hope inter hold on

in running odds are 1/5 to win so looks fairly good