Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet this weekend

Now you lovely old Pickers its excitement over from last week and time to move on . What a magnificent effort from Norfolkchance 1 last week . Now its up to Fellas , lets give him all the help we can . so get those naps coming in .

Bologna to beat Spezia

A tight race at the top of the Italian Serie B and Bologna should be highly motivated to beat Spezia, who have not managed a victory in 11 away games.

Though its not usually done, and history is not on our side when we choose the Canaries as our "nap," I can''t help but feel that they might be a good play this weekend.  Preston have been so-so as of late, but they have 3 suspensions, and at 10-11 on skybet, its a bit better odds than we normally see.  So, against my better judgement, I''m picking Norwich home win vs. Preston.

Ebbsfleet over Weymouth in the FA Trophy

Ebbsfleet - 6 wins in 7

Weymouth - 1 Win in 9

Ebbsfleet won 4-1 at home against them in the league earlier in January

west brom to beat burnley at home 8/13 around looks to big price for top league at home vs average side who maybe selling there star striker after selling there other last week

Hello everyone. Looking forward to another win this week. Looking at the fixtures I don''t see a great deal in the prem. The top teams have got some toughies. In the championship nobody''s really setting the world alight and in league 1 the top teams are all at quite difficult away fixtures. I''ve already had a look at some of the suggestions and some I think look good. Found one or two myself in the fixture list. So I''ll leave you lot in suspence till friday. By the way ardee, are you going to be gracing us with a nap this week?

I''m really fancying Norwich this weekend.

Play an unchanged team, who have been performing really well, but now know theres real competiton for places especially at the back, which we haven''t had all season. Also competition for midfield places (Patty,Hucks & Henry.) AND i''m hopeful we''ll get at least 1 more striker by midnight.

Against that Preston have those 3 suspensions.

Yep, i''m confident. Norwich to WIN. NAP. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Bologna to beat Spezia

A tight race at the top of the Italian Serie B and Bologna should be highly motivated to beat Spezia, who have not managed a victory in 11 away games.

[/quote]

Fellas, what I intended to write was "Spezia has not managed an away victory in 11 games."

I''m with cityangel on her selection - here''s why.Fulham - Aston Villa : Away win - (13/10)Form Fulhams'' last 10 : 0-3-7Fulhams'' last 6 : 0-2-4Villas last 10 : 3-5-2Villas last 6 : 3-3-0Fulham have 2 points from their last 5 home matches.Villa have 6 points from their last 4 away games (1 win, 3 draws)This one will come down to whether Villa have the attacking edge to beat a team in free-fall.  I think they do.

I would go for Liverpool to beat Sunderland. (Sunderland have lost their last 6 away games.)

Or maybe an away win for Darlington at Wrexham. (Darlington have won 4 of their last 6 away

games and Wrexham have won just once in their last 6 home games.)

Sounds like a good pick. I like picks that have higher odds rather than going for the obvious ones, means I can thieve them for my own bets ;)

[quote user="Fellas"]Hello everyone. Looking forward to another win this week. Looking at the fixtures I don''t see a great deal in the prem. The top teams have got some toughies. In the championship nobody''s really setting the world alight and in league 1 the top teams are all at quite difficult away fixtures. I''ve already had a look at some of the suggestions and some I think look good. Found one or two myself in the fixture list. So I''ll leave you lot in suspence till friday. By the way ardee, are you going to be gracing us with a nap this week?
[/quote]

Now you lovely young fellow "fellas" You just do what you want with your final selections, Its up to you , you are in charge this is your responsibility of having  the last say . I have seen enough of your selections to know that you are more than capable of winning this week .

If us lovely old Pickers don''t inspire you , just do your own thing , I want you to express your self freely , because I am sure there is a rich  vain of talent to be harvested from you .

Then of course I can well understand you wanting the old masters "nap" and..yes..of..course..arrdee..will..respond..now it revolves around 7rew, I will let you have first go Drew , I will have the other one , that must seem crazy to you pickers , but Drew knows what I am talking about as both the teams we have in our heads are winners , This is without talking to him , I do know how my Pickers think .

No prizes for knowing what  web-team Pete''s selection will be , what else can I predict oh! yes "lappinitup"won''t be "napping" Norwich .

Lets see how far arrdee is out , Always remember there is no finger pointing on the Free Bet thread , arrdee wont have any of that , and if someone wants to take issue with that I have my very own Bull Mastiff (Nutty Nigel) to tear you to shreds , you have all been warned . When he gets his teeth in you they lock and he wont let go .so now you know ,you have no excuse [Y] arrdee

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

Right Fellas. First, I''m on the crest of a slump. Second, I hate predicting away wins so with that in mind....

Wrexham vs Darlington......    Away win !!   [:D]

Can''t see any way Wrexham are going to get anything from this game BUT....

I have been wrong before !!   [:$]

Good luck Fellas.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Come on guys where are the naps?!

Its not as though theres anything going on in the footballing world today... ;)

[/quote]

Yes quite right "Trent" we don''t want to leave it all to the last minute . We want "fellas" to have enough time to take all our selections on board , to analyze them all .Rather than have them all pile up on him at the last minute. remember if you find a "nap" and you see that someone else has selected it doesn''t matter I still want you to make that post because that may well help who ever is making the final selections and of course its the lovely young "fellas" this week . Good luck "fellas"[Y] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

I have to say that there really is nothing that I would care to call a good thing this week, form wise that is.

So therefore I am going with my heart , I expect our favourite double will come up this weekend, you know City to win and Ipswich to lose.

As a few of us have already gone for City I will plump for Ipswich to fail to break their away duck against a fairly sound home performing Sheff Weds.

In short my nap is SHEFF WEDS to beat Ipswich !

Good luck Fellas.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Hello everyone. Looking forward to another win this week. Looking at the fixtures I don''t see a great deal in the prem. The top teams have got some toughies. In the championship nobody''s really setting the world alight and in league 1 the top teams are all at quite difficult away fixtures. I''ve already had a look at some of the suggestions and some I think look good. Found one or two myself in the fixture list. So I''ll leave you lot in suspence till friday. By the way ardee, are you going to be gracing us with a nap this week?
[/quote]

Now you lovely young fellow "fellas" You just do what you want with your final selections, Its up to you , you are in charge this is your responsibility of having  the last say . I have seen enough of your selections to know that you are more than capable of winning this week .

If us lovely old Pickers don''t inspire you , just do your own thing , I want you to express your self freely , because I am sure there is a rich  vain of talent to be harvested from you .

Then of course I can well understand you wanting the old masters "nap" and..yes..of..course..arrdee..will..respond..now it revolves around 7rew, I will let you have first go Drew , I will have the other one , that must seem crazy to you pickers , but Drew knows what I am talking about as both the teams we have in our heads are winners , This is without talking to him , I do know how my Pickers think .

No prizes for knowing what  web-team Pete''s selection will be , what else can I predict oh! yes "lappinitup"won''t be "napping" Norwich .

Lets see how far arrdee is out , Always remember there is no finger pointing on the Free Bet thread , arrdee wont have any of that , and if someone wants to take issue with that I have my very own Bull Mastiff (Nutty Nigel) to tear you to shreds , you have all been warned . When he gets his teeth in you they lock and he wont let go .so now you know ,you have no excuse [Y] arrdee

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

[/quote]

When I say "Do your own thing" you lovely young boy "fellas" Never ever think I am turning my back on you . If you ever want any help I will be right alongside you . If you ever want anyone to lean on I will be there with you . If there is anything you are unsure of I will try to carry you over the winning line . So never think you are alone , you have all the help of the Pink Un Pickers willing you on . Its because of the great love our club we all share . Yes and even Billy Dixon is rooting for you .so remember "fellas you support the greatest club In the land and you have the support of all us Pickers around you .[Y] arrdee

"Yankee"1st&2nd. 

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Right Fellas. First, I''m on the crest of a slump. Second, I hate predicting away wins so with that in mind....

Wrexham vs Darlington......    Away win !!   [:D]

Can''t see any way Wrexham are going to get anything from this game BUT....

I have been wrong before !!   [:$]

Good luck Fellas.

[/quote]

Wrexham ?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

Oh, it''s ok, Darlington aren''t top.

[;)]

How about a trip North of the border where (weather permitting) East Fife must be a cert to beat East Stirling with home advantage.  East Fife runaway leaders of the league (20 pts+), have won their last six.  East Stirling have just two wins since Dec 1st.

Nailed on.

Not much to choose from my beloved Blue Sq Prem this week, but as you all know I enjoy my non-league tips. Think its summat to do with living less than a mile away from Farsley Celtic. Pity they ain''t doing too well this year. Lets hope they stay up!

Anyway, this weeks nap leads me to the FA Carlsberg Trophy. Top of Blue Square Prem Aldershot at home to Blue Sq South side Braintree Town. HOME win.

''Shot should have too much class & home support to beat mid table Braintree.

So, ALDERSHOT v Braintree Town for me.

Well done to all who went to the presentation last week - when I pick again if they win I''ll drive the 174 miles to pick up the cheque for FONCY myself! (and treat myself to some of Arrdee''s finest [:P])

Good Luck Fellas

Leeds Canary  

I would like to nominate

WEST HAM to beat Wigan at the JJB

Good price at around 6/4

The Hammers are in good form at moment.

And with Englands No. 1 ( oh Capello not even in squad) in goal Wigan have no chance

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright [Y]

Nothing yet from Web Team Pete so I''m going to steal his thunder and go for Bristol Rovers to beat Port Vale. Rovers are in good form and although there is the possibility their minds could be on the FA Cup they are playing Port Vale who are marooned at the bottom and have lost their last five away games.

Bristol Rovers V Port Vale Home win.

Good luck Fellas[Y] I am sure you are just the man to get it right for us in what looks a tricky weeks fixtures........  Not ''arf [Y]

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

Well no sign of 7rew yet . I am sure he would have gone for East Fife or Stranraer as I see East Fife has been selected my "nap" will be Stranraer playing the basement team Forfar [Y] arrdee.

I would just like to say to "Lappinitup" well done as I see you have been on the board for 1 year . Happy birthday you lovely old boy ,I am sure you are going to get the hang of it soon .[:D] arrdee.

Thanks guys and gals for the selections. I''ve been trawling through the stats and all the advice accompying the selections. So here it goes:1. BOLOGNA v Spezia - Yankee - This looks very good. Bologna are on top form and spezia are really stuttering with only 1 in 7. Looks nailed on. Plus we all know how good Yankee is at his picks.2. EBBSFLEET v Weymouth - Trent - Ebbsfleet are doing in the conference national with 6 in 7 and Weymouth aren''t doing too good a league lower. Looks as though ebsfleet are going to be too good.3. LIVERPOOL v Sunderland - Cosmic Twin - Liverpool might not be doing very well in general but they are good when it comes to anfield. Liverpool are uunbeaten in 6 at home and Sunderland have lost their last 6 away from home. Looks nailed on.4. EAST FIFE v East Sterling - P''boro - East fife are storming league and have won 6 in a row. Sterling aren''t doing too well and only have 2 wins in 8.5. IVORY COAST v Guinea - Me! - Ivory Coast are the superstars of africa and well Guinea, just suck. No offence to any gunieans but they got battered by a rubbish namibia side and still got a draw just scrapping through their goup. I expect Ivory Coast to go out there and give ''em a good spanking.6. INTER v Empoli - Again me (I feel selfish for picking two) - Inter milan have bascially walked the league this year. They''ve got 22 points out of possible 24 in their last 8 games, the only blip being last weeks draw. Empoli are basically awful away from home and have lost their last 4 away from home. If I can be certain about anything, it''d be inter not dropping points this weekend. (And if we can do 7 like last week....)7. ALDERSHOT v Braintree - Leeds - Aldershot are top of the conference, they are playing some good football and are doing rather well, winning 4 of their last 7. Braintree are again a league below and have only 3 wins in 8 and languishing in no-mans land in the middle of the league. I expect aldershot just to be too good and progress to the next round.For those who didn''t get picked....Fulham v VILLA - Villa are doing well, but they''re away. Away fixtures are a lot harder to call and fulham have been handy at home in the past. All the stats say otherwise but with new players and a new manager on board fulham could get a much awaited win. NORWICH v pne - Yes we are doing good but when you look at it we''ve only managed to draw our last 3 home games (no matter how much we dominated). We should win, I hope we win, but we all know what norwich are like.WBA v Burnley - At first I thought this was gonna be my pick, but looking deeper in  Burnley have won their last 3 games on the trot and WBA haven''t been playing so good. The CCC is a funny league and I think this could go either way.Wrexham v DARLINGTON - Need I say more "lappin"... We all know what happened last time.Sheffield Wed v Ipswich - Wednesday have only won 2 in 8 but ipswich haven''t won away. I can see this being a draw, a bit risky.Wigan v WEST HAM - Very even. Wigan have 2 in 5 at home. West hame have 2 in 5 away. Has a draw written all over it. Especially with sibierski back.BRISTOL ROVERS v Port Vale - It''s a good call. Rovers have 3 on the trot and are unbeaten in 5. Port vale have only won away twice and only one win in the last 6. But I''m more sure in other selections so I''m sorry Nutty. But it''s a good call though!Thanks everyone. Let''s win some money for the academy!

Well reasoned and layed out Fellas. We deserve to succeed, and think we will. (I think that every week though, lol.)

Anyway good luck Fellas. lets bash them bookie chappies.