Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

stupid transfer policy of our board!!!

I seem to remember the loan system working extremely well for Birmingham last season and I remain confident of what Roeder has done here.During the January transfer window player''s valuations are often inflated because clubs wanting to buy are desperate to sign themselves players to boost their season. We could potentially have a terrific set of young players here who will certainly add freshness to the sqaud and maintain our push away from relegation. Don''t forget, we''re only paying loan wages here, no sign on fees, agent fees, nothing. There will be money there in the summer to make shrewd, proper, well thought out signings - because thats the kind of intelligent, observant manager GR is. Yes we wanted Tiny to sign, yes we wanted a permanent striker, but it didn''t come good (Ameobi, Paterson). Get over it. This season is going much better than I thought it would back in October. We have one of the best managers in the league and given a full season (and summer transfer period) in charge I think GR will have us up there or thereabouts next season.GLENN ROEDERS'' YELLOW ARMY!

I think any laughing being done is at the numerous idiots on here who seemed determined to reaffirm outsider''s views that Norfolk folk are as thick as sh**

I like to think it has been a great day of business. haven''t seen these loanees yet, but trust GR. I have a question for all the moaners:

Would you rather have David Norris on a 3 yr contract for £2.5m or 4 young & hungry loanees.

I know which I would rather.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]I think any laughing being done is at the numerous idiots on here who seemed determined to reaffirm outsider''s views that Norfolk folk are as thick as sh**
[/quote]

No need for outsiders to look at the numerous idiots in order to come to that assumption Ralph... you make a fine job of re-affirming that view all by yourself!!!  [:P]

[quote user="Paradox"]

I like to think it has been a great day of business. haven''t seen these loanees yet, but trust GR. I have a question for all the moaners:

Would you rather have David Norris on a 3 yr contract for £2.5m or 4 young & hungry loanees.

I know which I would rather.

[/quote]

Norris (I would rather have the one out of Coronation Street than a couple of the loanees we have brought in and the fools who are running our club).

[quote user="inch_high"]

My son in law is a Spurs fan and he''s not laughing. He feels it''s shrewd business to see us through the second half of the season before a summer rebuild.

Evidence of these laughing fans please Wiz??

[/quote]

I''m laughing... do I count as evidence??? [*-)]

[quote user="The Drop"]Its a crap day and says to the footballing world Norwich City are skint , just like Doncaster is always telling us . We dont even have a squad of our own now its just all borrowed , as for everybody going on about a summer rebuild , yeah right lmao .[/quote]

Spot on mate... we have been hearing about our summer rebuild (that we are saving the few pennies we have at the bottom of our piggy bank) for at least 3 years now!!!

It is embarrassingly unbelieveable that there are still a high percentage of our fans who sit in hope and believe that it will be this summer that Delia & the Donkster find NCFCplc long lost chequebook... [:$] 

I would rather us be a finishing school for the best youngsters that Arsenal, Chelsea and other Premiership clubs are nuturing, than being a retirement home for the likes of Robinson, Hughes, Hartson etc.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]I think any laughing being done is at the numerous idiots on here who seemed determined to reaffirm outsider''s views that Norfolk folk are as thick as sh**
[/quote]

Crawl out of your own a@se Ralpy,its comments like yours that sums up the little bullying mentality of the Delia lovers.....you know i actually find it funny when you and your little click start going off on litle p''ss take threads,sums you up. I cant wait for the time you end up with egg on your face. [|-)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="The Drop"]Its a crap day and says to the footballing world Norwich City are skint , just like Doncaster is always telling us . We dont even have a squad of our own now its just all borrowed , as for everybody going on about a summer rebuild , yeah right lmao .[/quote]

Spot on mate... we have been hearing about our summer rebuild (that we are saving the few pennies we have at the bottom of our piggy bank) for at least 3 years now!!![/quote]

Yet again you talk rubbish with no evidence...because the fans have known full well thse last 3 years that what we''ve spent in the transfer window has been our lot, and the board haven''t told us otherwise. Prove me wrong if you can with press releases, but I suspect you won''t answer this post because you don''t like difficult ones.

THIS year, the board haven''t told us anything, they haven''t said we''ve spent all we have, neither have they told us we''ve got more money to spend. Fair enough, I wouldn''t expect the board to tell us those details, and hope they don''t.Glenn Roeder has however said we have had money to spend this transfer window and he''d rather not spend it until summer. So you think he''s lying?You can say yes if you want, but don''t point to previous years because they don''t back you up at all, you''re just having a stab in the dark

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

No need for outsiders to look at the numerous idiots in order to come to that assumption Ralph... you make a fine job of re-affirming that view all by yourself!!!  [:P]

[/quote]

Stop the Press Archant! smudger in Genuinely Funny Post shocker!

So Ralph.. do you speak from first hand experiance?

jas :)

Blimey, I must be doing something right I''m being atttacked by smudger (our resident binner) and arthur piddle.Any news of the £1m fee for Dave Striker arthur ? We are waiting.

[quote user="judderman"][quote user="Smudger"]

Spot on mate... we have been hearing about our summer rebuild (that we are saving the few pennies we have at the bottom of our piggy bank) for at least 3 years now!!![/quote]

Yet again you talk rubbish with no evidence...because the fans have known full well thse last 3 years that what we''ve spent in the transfer window has been our lot, and the board haven''t told us otherwise. Prove me wrong if you can with press releases, but I suspect you won''t answer this post because you don''t like difficult ones.

THIS year, the board haven''t told us anything, they haven''t said we''ve spent all we have, neither have they told us we''ve got more money to spend. Fair enough, I wouldn''t expect the board to tell us those details, and hope they don''t.
Glenn Roeder has however said we have had money to spend this transfer window and he''d rather not spend it until summer. So you think he''s lying?

You can say yes if you want, but don''t point to previous years because they don''t back you up at all, you''re just having a stab in the dark
[/quote]

So where has the Earnie and Ethutu and safri money gone,?we spent nowhere near that amount in the summer plus,and wait for it.....The 2 million loan that was given to us so we didn''t have to sell said players? Remember we were told we would be able to spend all the money we gained from transfers. Care to do the maths mate?

As per with the Delia lovers you use the old ''''wheres the evidence''''? Well wheres yours mate because all evidence aside my side of things seems a lot more realistic than your naive theory on the going on''s at CR.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Blimey, I must be doing something right I''m being atttacked by smudger (our resident binner) and arthur piddle.

Any news of the £1m fee for Dave Striker arthur ? We are waiting.
[/quote]

So Ralph ....How much did you believe we signed Dave for when we got him? Its funny how 99 % of city fans came to the same sum. Tell me honestly how much Ralph? You see when we signed him someone somewhere gave out the full figure with add on''s [although they didn''t mention the add on bits] which would''ve amounted to 1 million euro''s and that information could only come from the club. At the time when this figure was bandied around, the board were under pressure to prove they were spending big. Now when the player mentiond proves to be a pile of shite the board pay him off and announce that he actually only cost us a few bob and we''ve SAVED money on him!!! Now Ralphy,they call that spin and people like you tend to fall for it.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

How much did you believe we signed Dave for when we got him? Its funny how 99 % of city fans came to the same sum.[/quote]

I think it''s just you Arthur... £1m was never reported anywhere as far as I''m aware. I think it was initially reported as between £650-700k but no-one at the club ever said anything about it although I''ll wait for someone to prove me wrong on that one.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Spot on mate... we have been hearing about our summer rebuild (that we are saving the few pennies we have at the bottom of our piggy bank) for at least 3 years now!!!

It is embarrassingly unbelieveable that there are still a high percentage of our fans who sit in hope and believe that it will be this summer that Delia & the Donkster find NCFCplc long lost chequebook... [:$] 

[/quote]

Yet another profitable transfer window Smudge and very little critisism for it.

Amazing how so many are fooled every time.

You have to admire the way they always come up smelling of roses.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

We spent money last summer.  The only difference is that Peter Grant didn''t spend it very well.  We have had a clearout and I doubt the loan boys have cost us very much. 

I like how you can judge the quality of these youngsters without having seen any of them play.  Well done, good informed contribution.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

How much did you believe we signed Dave for when we got him? Its funny how 99 % of city fans came to the same sum.[/quote]

I think it''s just you Arthur... £1m was never reported anywhere as far as I''m aware. I think it was initially reported as between £650-700k but no-one at the club ever said anything about it although I''ll wait for someone to prove me wrong on that one.

[/quote]

1 million Euros works out about 650-700k

[quote user="judderman"][quote user="Smudger"]

THIS year, the board haven''t told us anything, they haven''t said we''ve spent all we have, neither have they told us we''ve got more money to spend. Fair enough, I wouldn''t expect the board to tell us those details, and hope they don''t.
Glenn Roeder has however said we have had money to spend this transfer window and he''d rather not spend it until summer. So you think he''s lying?

You can say yes if you want, but don''t point to previous years because they don''t back you up at all, you''re just having a stab in the dark
[/quote]

So what''s new there then???

They never tell us anything... yet it is oh so easy for those of us who are not as naive as the day they were born to read between the lines!!!

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Blimey, I must be doing something right I''m being atttacked by smudger (our resident binner) and arthur piddle.

Any news of the £1m fee for Dave Striker arthur ? We are waiting.
[/quote]

£850k I believe it was... so lets not split hairs now Ralphy.

Less of a difference between £850k and £1million, than there is between the £200k or so (that the board were telling us about when Shhh-hit-vahka went for nothing).... [;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Still a big differnece between that and the figures that the board were coming out with when Shhhhh-hit-vahka went though isn''t there Graham???  [*-)]

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

We spent money last summer.  The only difference is that Peter Grant didn''t spend it very well.  We have had a clearout and I doubt the loan boys have cost us very much. 

I like how you can judge the quality of these youngsters without having seen any of them play.  Well done, good informed contribution.

[/quote]

No we didn''t... £5million plus a £2million investment from the Turners came in to the club (apparently).

Also (apparently) we only spent approx £200k on Shi-hit-vahka, approx £800k to £1million on Marshall, £800k on Cureton and peanuts on the rest of the squad and other cheap options.  Since then we have had Brown and Lewis out (£800k), with Pattison (undisclosed) and several cheap loanees to keep the wooly flock happy.

You do the sums mate...

By their latest set of figures there appears to be approx £5million missing somewhere (apparently we may be saving this for the summer transfer window)... [:$]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Yet another profitable transfer window Smudge and very little critisism for it.

Amazing how so many are fooled every time.

You have to admire the way they always come up smelling of roses.

[/quote]

Must be something Delia puts in the half-time pints and pies???  [B] [pi] [+o(] [|-)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Still a big differnece between that and the figures that the board were coming out with when Shhhhh-hit-vahka went though isn''t there Graham???  [*-)]

[/quote]

I don''t think the board ever come out with figures for Strihavka (I''m willing to be proved wrong of course); it was only reported in the media.

The board can be criticised on a lot of things but to have a go at them for something they didn''t say seems a little harsh.

we''re 5 points off relegation places - if we beat preston tommorrow - then great, we can look forward to finishing safe in mid-table at least.  but if we get injuries/suspensions to key players - then all we''ve got is loaned younguns to save our once proud club from division3 footy.  thas a fact, however you dress it up.i''m sure roedy and clark will keep us up - but as for keeping the powder dry/warchest topped up for a summer spend that genuinely  has prem ambition at its heart, then thats another story.  with derby''s new yank owners, mandric at leicester and the billionaires at QPR - thats 3 teams with unlimited resources, and thats not counting the relegated teams with chute payments to burn. fact is were small ''provincial'' fry -  in an increasingly bigger pond, relying on the talents of roedy to scheme a team capable of getting us where we want to be - built on young busby babe blood.thats as good as it gets.   but will roedy still be here come the start of next season???

"  The board can be criticised on a lot of things but to have a go at them for something they didn''t say ..."It is the sole purpose of some of the postees on here.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No we didn''t... £5million plus a £2million investment from the Turners came in to the club (apparently).

Also (apparently) we only spent approx £200k on Shi-hit-vahka, approx £800k to £1million on Marshall, £800k on Cureton and peanuts on the rest of the squad and other cheap options.  Since then we have had Brown and Lewis out (£800k), with Pattison (undisclosed) and several cheap loanees to keep the wooly flock happy.

You do the sums mate...

By their latest set of figures there appears to be approx £5million missing somewhere (apparently we may be saving this for the summer transfer window)... [:$]

[/quote]

Perhaps the missing £5m has gone on club running costs.  Or are you too stupid to grasp the concept of running at a loss, as most Championship clubs do.

Why is it that you only pop up when there is an opportunity to have a pop at the board.  Never ever seen a post from you discussing football or how well/badly we have played.  Just numerous snipes at the board.  And I like your technique of turning a single post into 6/7, good way to get your count up.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You do the sums mate...

[/quote]

Perhaps the missing £5m has gone on club running costs.  Or are you too stupid to grasp the concept of running at a loss, as most Championship clubs do.

Why is it that you only pop up when there is an opportunity to have a pop at the board.  Never ever seen a post from you discussing football or how well/badly we have played.  Just numerous snipes at the board.  And I like your technique of turning a single post into 6/7, good way to get your count up.

[/quote]

Exactly my point Jimmy.

If Delia and her disciples do not have the know how or the money to make a success out of a club that has averaged gates of approx 24-25,000 for the last 4 years, without needing to take £5million revenue from player sales to cover their arses over a 12month period then it is time that they ACTIVELY SOUGHT FRESH INVESTMENT.

As for my post count... like I''m bothered.... [*-)]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]we''re 5 points off relegation places - if we beat preston tommorrow - then great, we can look forward to finishing safe in mid-table at least.  but if we get injuries/suspensions to key players - then all we''ve got is loaned younguns to save our once proud club from division3 footy.  thas a fact, however you dress it up.i''m sure roedy and clark will keep us up - but as for keeping the powder dry/warchest topped up for a summer spend that genuinely  has prem ambition at its heart, then thats another story.  with derby''s new yank owners, mandric at leicester and the billionaires at QPR - thats 3 teams with unlimited resources, and thats not counting the relegated teams with chute payments to burn. fact is were small ''provincial'' fry -  in an increasingly bigger pond, relying on the talents of roedy to scheme a team capable of getting us where we want to be - built on young busby babe blood.thats as good as it gets.   but will roedy still be here come the start of next season???

[/quote]Roeder will be here next season, no doubt about it.  I''m no fan of our board but we have to beleive Roeder when he says he could of spent money but chose not too.  We all would have liked to have bought some players but you have to acknowledge the situation we find ourselves this season.  As much as we may not like it the target for this season has become avoiding relegation, the players we have here have suggested in the last few months that they can acheive that target.  There is no point buying  players to add to the squad who will only help us acheive this years target.  Chris Brown is a good example of this, he may help Preston stay up this year but he is also the sort of player that means they will be down the wrong end of the table next season if they stay up.  I''m sure if Roeder could have a bought a player who could help us this season and in turn improve our side for next season, he would of.Roeder seems to me to be the sort of manager who has a 3,4,5 year plan of what he wans to do at City and is not going to compromise that by buying some "billy no mark" for unreasonable money.  Loans are short-term but in the long term I think Roeder is trying to establish a reputation that City is a great place for top sides to send their best youngsters too, to gain experience.  Maybe then we can sign the likes of Muamba and Larrson from Arsenal?