Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

stupid transfer policy of our board!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="judderman"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="The Drop"]Its a crap day and says to the footballing world Norwich City are skint , just like Doncaster is always telling us . We dont even have a squad of our own now its just all borrowed , as for everybody going on about a summer rebuild , yeah right lmao .[/quote]

Spot on mate... we have been hearing about our summer rebuild (that we are saving the few pennies we have at the bottom of our piggy bank) for at least 3 years now!!![/quote]

Yet again you talk rubbish with no evidence...because the fans have known full well thse last 3 years that what we''ve spent in the transfer window has been our lot, and the board haven''t told us otherwise. Prove me wrong if you can with press releases, but I suspect you won''t answer this post because you don''t like difficult ones.

THIS year, the board haven''t told us anything, they haven''t said we''ve spent all we have, neither have they told us we''ve got more money to spend. Fair enough, I wouldn''t expect the board to tell us those details, and hope they don''t.
Glenn Roeder has however said we have had money to spend this transfer window and he''d rather not spend it until summer. So you think he''s lying?

You can say yes if you want, but don''t point to previous years because they don''t back you up at all, you''re just having a stab in the dark
[/quote]

So what''s new there then???

They never tell us anything... yet it is oh so easy for those of us who are not as naive as the day they were born to read between the lines!!!

[/quote]

I think organising a one man protest is about as naive as its possible to get.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Hope this helps smudger and arthur....

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1071620,00.html

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED11+Jul+2007+12%3A45%3A43%3A587

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/6287472.stm

Now, where do NCFC, Archant or the BBC Quote a Fee?

I feel sure you can put me right !!

[/quote]
just been proven wrong on that count smudger.

And as for the board not telling us how much money we have. You''re an absolute idiot if you want them to tell everyone what we''ve got.
Roeder has said there''s more to spend. The fact that we''ve bid nearly a million for players we haven''t got proves that.
So you''re saying he''s lying? fine, then have a go at him, I disagree, but you can''t blame the board for Roeder lying.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Hope this helps smudger and arthur....

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1071620,00.html

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED11+Jul+2007+12%3A45%3A43%3A587

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/6287472.stm

Now, where do NCFC, Archant or the BBC Quote a Fee?

I feel sure you can put me right !!

[/quote]

Some of you are so naive, you miss the point...Why were we led to believe [and,yes you can say what you want but we were] that Dave cost 800k? Please go back to the threads of him, everyone came to that conclusion and even the press, IMO someone from the board mentioned it but not ''''officially'''' to suggest we were spending the money knowing fully well that would only be the case if it worked out for him here...clever i admit, clearly far to clever for some people!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="The Drop"]Its a crap day and says to the footballing world Norwich City are skint , just like Doncaster is always telling us . We dont even have a squad of our own now its just all borrowed , as for everybody going on about a summer rebuild , yeah right lmao .[/quote]

Spot on mate... we have been hearing about our summer rebuild (that we are saving the few pennies we have at the bottom of our piggy bank) for at least 3 years now!!!

It is embarrassingly unbelieveable that there are still a high percentage of our fans who sit in hope and believe that it will be this summer that Delia & the Donkster find NCFCplc long lost chequebook... [:$] 

[/quote]

We spent money last summer.  The only difference is that Peter Grant didn''t spend it very well.  We have had a clearout and I doubt the loan boys have cost us very much. 

I like how you can judge the quality of these youngsters without having seen any of them play.  Well done, good informed contribution.

[/quote]

No we didn''t... £5million plus a £2million investment from the Turners came in to the club (apparently).

Also (apparently) we only spent approx £200k on Shi-hit-vahka, approx £800k to £1million on Marshall, £800k on Cureton and peanuts on the rest of the squad and other cheap options.  Since then we have had Brown and Lewis out (£800k), with Pattison (undisclosed) and several cheap loanees to keep the wooly flock happy.

You do the sums mate...

By their latest set of figures there appears to be approx £5million missing somewhere (apparently we may be saving this for the summer transfer window)... [:$]

[/quote]

Perhaps the missing £5m has gone on club running costs.  Or are you too stupid to grasp the concept of running at a loss, as most Championship clubs do.

Why is it that you only pop up when there is an opportunity to have a pop at the board.  Never ever seen a post from you discussing football or how well/badly we have played.  Just numerous snipes at the board.  And I like your technique of turning a single post into 6/7, good way to get your count up.

[/quote]

Exactly my point Jimmy.

If Delia and her disciples do not have the know how or the money to make a success out of a club that has averaged gates of approx 24-25,000 for the last 4 years, without needing to take £5million revenue from player sales to cover their arses over a 12month period then it is time that they ACTIVELY SOUGHT FRESH INVESTMENT.

As for my post count... like I''m bothered.... [*-)]

[/quote]

You''ve only got to look at clubs like Stoke, 12000 a game and yet still manage to spend more and attract good permanant signings. Why is that??

"If Delia and her disciples do not have the know how or the money to make a success out of a club that has averaged gates of approx 24-25,000 for the last 4 years, without needing to take £5million revenue from player sales to cover their arses over a 12month period then it is time that they ACTIVELY SOUGHT FRESH INVESTMENT."

Morning Smudger.

The problem with "fresh investment" is that anyone who comes into the club with said investment is going to expect some sort of return-you don''t invest, without anticipating getting more money back as a result. Doubt that many in football feel differently, in which case, surely, "investment" is not the answer. If someone came in and invested £20 Million in the club, then, like it or not, they are going to want to perhaps get £25-£30 Million back in the short-medium term, how is that going to happen?

And a possible 5% return on such an amount, ho hum, not that good when it might well perform far better elsewhere-like in a Bank! If people with serious money want to invest, a Bank is a far better option than a football club. I know if I had several million lying around, then a football club would be rather low in the scheme of things if I wanted to make money. And this is how most investors will be thinking, including Peter Cullum who everyone seems to think is just going to come charging over the horizon on a white horse, pay off all the clubs debts and provide a transfer kitty of £10-£15 Million as well. Lets see, if he-or anyone-was to do that, then thats pretty much £25 million. Now,  if he-or anyone-wants to GIVE that money to the club, all well and good, problem solved. But he isn''t and no-one will. That is a cold, hard, fact and will always remain thus, so we need to give up thinking any differently.

Yes, massive investment could lead to Premiership football, but then all the associated costs rise as do expectations and everything else-wages, day to day costs, transfer fees-its widely understood now that only 3-4 uninterrupted seasons of Premiership football start to see clubs become something near financially stable, and, even some of those that have had massive financial investment are struggling now-Liverpool are remortgaged to the sum of £360 Million, and West Ham have had to scrap plans for their new training complex-despite their own investors in recent years-to save costs. Tottenham sold Defoe this week to ease their wage bill & Man United live on a debt that is only permitted because of the value of their fixed assets, much like Real Madrid did, before the Spanish Govt helped them out.

Stop crowing for "investment" until you realise (a) what that would imply for both the investor and the club, and (b) that it doesn''t mean that things would become better as has already been seen-indeed, after invesment, some clubs are now worse off than they were in the first place.

This just might be why the current regime are not so willing to simply sell out to anyone and everyone with a few quid. And if we all expect investors, then lets allow the original investors to be the same and sign out and off, with the collective baying of all their critics in their ears, with all of the money that they have put into the club returned to them, and them some. That would only be right wouldn''t it?

Despite my dislike of the Board, and that includes the Turners until they put their money where their mouths are, I have to have hope, hope that come the Summer, my fears will be unfounded. If I don''t have this hope then there is no point being a supporter anymore, so I shall wait to the summer, celebrate our new signings, or if we are let down again continue moaning, because unless a sizeable number of us are actually willing to do something proactive about the Board, then we shall just stay here on a forum grumbling from our armchairs!

To be fair theres good and bad about our activity in the transfer window.The bad being we failed to buy MT or get a striker in, which i think would have guaranteed a playoff place. The good tho is we really have brought in some quality, albeit on loans, look how good Evans and Bertrand have been, well Gibbs, Bates et al im sure will have the same impact, and will compliement what we have very well.We have the grafters in Fozzy, Russell, Pattison, Doc, Dion etc. we have attacking threat in Croft, Semmy, Hucks, Bertrand, we have a striker scoring goals in Evans and now we have 4  young, hungry players with real quality, and in the case of Gibbs, perhaps a real unknown gem if what ive read is to be believed.This will give us a different edge and add something to what we already have. Lets face it, were flying at the mo and the structure of team and the way were playing is superb, graft with pace and creativity, and its working. Imagine how much more of a threat we are going to be with the likes of Hucks, Gibbs and Henry to bring on to change games, or ensure we win them, which Roeder likes to do. Bringing on attacking players when were 1-0 up, instead of what weve seen in the past, shutting up shop and bringing on a defensive minded player when were 1-0 up.We have an extra aspect to our arsenal now, quite literally in the case of Gibbs. Look at Bertrand and Evans, great signings and have made a big impact. Bertrand is keeping Pattison and Hucks out of the side, and i imagine the new loanees could have a similar impact.

The problem with "fresh investment" is that anyone who comes into the club with said investment is going to expect some sort of return-you don''t invest, without anticipating getting more money back as a result. Doubt that many in football feel differently, in which case, surely, "investment" is not the answer. If someone came in and invested £20 Million in the club, then, like it or not, they are going to want to perhaps get £25-£30 Million back in the short-medium term, how is that going to happen?

So, what actual ''return'' do the major-shareholding couple get from a decade ago investing in the club?  A big fat Zero? Lifelong season ticket in the Barclay? Or just the satisfaction of ''summat ter doo on a Satday an'' odd Toosday?''

Surely, ''Deals no Deals'' and ''Hubster'' aren''t expecting/anticipating any financial ''return'' are they? They give us the wonga for the love of the club and its fawning fantastico fanzio brillo base......io.

Also quoted: "I also doubt that many feel differently" Therefore in which case, as well as D and MWJ, does that also include the ''monitoring the situation'' but currently ''dormant'' "Turner Two"? "What''s innit for them?".......Prestige? Something for the CV?

Good job that ''Rasputin the Rouble'' and any other ''dodgy'' individual who can''t differentiate a sugar-beet from a swede, or live within the confines of the inner ring-road, or has never drank in the Coach an'' Horses; has been courageously and consistently repelled from contaminating Carra with murky money - that they at some stage they would want back with interest...."If yez name isn''t on the Ambassador''s halftime ticket draw.....yez not comin'' to sit on our board!"

Expecting or demanding - (on eventual departure), some financial return from investing some money into NCFC?.......Not from our luvverly ickle board of Directing People of  Prudence (but not prudent when it comes to offah da field stuff).....It''s all just for the love of the club.......apparently. And the odd share or two - for that little retirement ''nest-egg'' with sufficient coal on the livin'' room fire - an'' a bit of Sky''s UK Gold. All snuggly an'' a comfy.....nice. 

"So, what actual ''return'' do the major-shareholding couple get from a decade ago investing in the club?  A big fat Zero? Lifelong season ticket in the Barclay? Or just the satisfaction of ''summat ter doo on a Satday an'' odd Toosday?''

Surely, ''Deals no Deals'' and ''Hubster'' aren''t expecting/anticipating any financial ''return'' are they? They give us the wonga for the love of the club and its fawning fantastico fanzio brillo base......io.

Also quoted: "I also doubt that many feel differently" Therefore in which case, as well as D and MWJ, does that also include the ''monitoring the situation'' but currently ''dormant'' "Turner Two"? "What''s innit for them?".......Prestige? Something for the CV?

Good job that ''Rasputin the Rouble'' and any other ''dodgy'' individual who can''t differentiate a sugar-beet from a swede, or live within the confines of the inner ring-road, or has never drank in the Coach an'' Horses; has been courageously and consistently repelled from contaminating Carra with murky money - that they at some stage they would want back with interest...."If yez name isn''t on the Ambassador''s halftime ticket draw.....yez not comin'' to sit on our board!"

Expecting or demanding - (on eventual departure), some financial return from investing some money into NCFC?.......Not from our luvverly ickle board of Directing People of  Prudence (but not prudent when it comes to offah da field stuff).....It''s all just for the love of the club.......apparently. And the odd share or two - for that little retirement ''nest-egg'' with sufficient coal on the livin'' room fire - an'' a bit of Sky''s UK Gold. All snuggly an'' a comfy.....nice." 

Nice use of irony.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]I think any laughing being done is at the numerous idiots on here who seemed determined to reaffirm outsider''s views that Norfolk folk are as thick as sh**
[/quote]

More valuable input from the footballing oracle that is Ralphy Wright. Now if you could just lower yourself to do us yokels a favour and occasionally make a valid point.......?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]I think any laughing being done is at the numerous idiots on here who seemed determined to reaffirm outsider''s views that Norfolk folk are as thick as sh**
[/quote]

Crawl out of your own a@se Ralpy,its comments like yours that sums up the little bullying mentality of the Delia lovers.....you know i actually find it funny when you and your little click start going off on litle p''ss take threads,sums you up. I cant wait for the time you end up with egg on your face. [|-)]

[/quote]

They have already Arthur, several times in fact. Hence the bitterness.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Smudger"]

Spot on mate... we have been hearing about our summer rebuild (that we are saving the few pennies we have at the bottom of our piggy bank) for at least 3 years now!!!

It is embarrassingly unbelieveable that there are still a high percentage of our fans who sit in hope and believe that it will be this summer that Delia & the Donkster find NCFCplc long lost chequebook... [:$] 

[/quote]

We spent money last summer.  The only difference is that Peter Grant didn''t spend it very well.  We have had a clearout and I doubt the loan boys have cost us very much. 

I like how you can judge the quality of these youngsters without having seen any of them play.  Well done, good informed contribution.

[/quote]

No we didn''t... £5million plus a £2million investment from the Turners came in to the club (apparently).

Also (apparently) we only spent approx £200k on Shi-hit-vahka, approx £800k to £1million on Marshall, £800k on Cureton and peanuts on the rest of the squad and other cheap options.  Since then we have had Brown and Lewis out (£800k), with Pattison (undisclosed) and several cheap loanees to keep the wooly flock happy.

You do the sums mate...

By their latest set of figures there appears to be approx £5million missing somewhere (apparently we may be saving this for the summer transfer window)... [:$]

[/quote]

Perhaps the missing £5m has gone on club running costs.  Or are you too stupid to grasp the concept of running at a loss, as most Championship clubs do.

Why is it that you only pop up when there is an opportunity to have a pop at the board.  Never ever seen a post from you discussing football or how well/badly we have played.  Just numerous snipes at the board.  And I like your technique of turning a single post into 6/7, good way to get your count up.

[/quote]

We made a healthy profit in `02 when we got to the play-offs with no transfer profit. Why did we need to make a profit on transfers whilst we were receiving £7m per season in parachute payments? And why do we now when the Turners £2m loan was supposed to prevent the need to sell players? I haven`t heard a half-decent reason yet but i`m sure the all-knowing Ralphy will put me straight......

Maybe, just maybe, the board are not quite as financially astute as people are so easily lead to believe, and they have actually got us into a bit of a mess?

Mr Carrow, you know better than most that the board have invested heavily in off field activities, specifically the land deal. You also know that the club stands to make a very healthy profit from that. The fact that they have invested too much at a time in off field activities also seems obvious, but none of us know how much Roeder has left on the table for the summer. We can guess, based on rumoured bids, but thats all.Smudger, if you don''t understand that clubs can''t earn enough through gate receipts these days to fund a consistently competitive team, you really should leave the finance talk to those that do.Arthur, unless you can provide any sort of quote from the club that they had spent money upfront on Big Dave you really should shut up on this. The media came up with a figure based on his release clause. We got him for one year cheaper than his release clause, and were contracted to spend 1m if we wanted to keep him. The board always kept the figures undisclosed until he went. You can''t blame the board for your own assumptions (well obviously you can, but to be honest it makes you look foolish).We aren''t a rich club. To much of the club''s money is tied up in a land deal, but we will make a profit on it. This is affecting our spending power, but we don''t fully know to what extent. We are now nearer the play off places than the relegation places, playing much better football, have an excellent manager, and more balanced looking squad, and we KNOW we have some funds for the summer. No need for the hysterical whinging at all.

Fair enough BDU, i am just trying to encourage people to see the bigger picture and ask a few questions. The likes of Ralph Wright seem to think if you ask questions about the club which he is uncomfortable with you must be a club-hating binner. Maybe we are just concerned about decisions made at the club and the reasons for the decline of recent years? But then i appreciate there are more people on here who are prepared to look at both sides of the argument. [:)]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Despite my dislike of the Board, and that includes the Turners until they put their money where their mouths are, I have to have hope, hope that come the Summer, my fears will be unfounded. If I don''t have this hope then there is no point being a supporter anymore, so I shall wait to the summer, celebrate our new signings, or if we are let down again continue moaning, because unless a sizeable number of us are actually willing to do something proactive about the Board, then we shall just stay here on a forum grumbling from our armchairs![/quote]

So be it...

I would much rather that then be ripped of by those in the boardroom for a 5th consecutive season... [;)]

I do feel that a minority on here seem to hate the Board/Delia more than they support the club, so in a sense these people are akin to being Gippeswyk fans. Although I get frustrated at simplistic calls for ''investment'' and the ''release of funds'', these views are clearly from norwich fans with the club at heart. Likewise those who have bothered to read the accounts, and can muster a cogent arguement for financial mismanagement, are deserving of a hearing. But all to often we read on here about Delia being ''hounded'' out, or ''strung up'', and disparaging remarks about her disciples etc, and references to her Suffolk home, or friends from London. It is clear to me that such paraochial and prejudiced views are not coming from people who have much ability to see both sides of an arguement. Infact I suspect for these men, the closest they get to broadening their horizons is a visit to the Murderers Public House (or such like).  

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

"If Delia and her disciples do not have the know how or the money to make a success out of a club that has averaged gates of approx 24-25,000 for the last 4 years, without needing to take £5million revenue from player sales to cover their arses over a 12month period then it is time that they ACTIVELY SOUGHT FRESH INVESTMENT."

Morning Smudger.

And a possible 5% return on such an amount, ho hum, not that good when it might well perform far better elsewhere-like in a Bank! If people with serious money want to invest, a Bank is a far better option than a football club. I know if I had several million lying around, then a football club would be rather low in the scheme of things if I wanted to make money. And this is how most investors will be thinking, including Peter Cullum who everyone seems to think is just going to come charging over the horizon on a white horse, pay off all the clubs debts and provide a transfer kitty of £10-£15 Million as well. Lets see, if he-or anyone-was to do that, then thats pretty much £25 million. Now,  if he-or anyone-wants to GIVE that money to the club, all well and good, problem solved. But he isn''t and no-one will. That is a cold, hard, fact and will always remain thus, so we need to give up thinking any differently.

Yes, massive investment could lead to Premiership football, but then all the associated costs rise as do expectations and everything else-wages, day to day costs, transfer fees-its widely understood now that only 3-4 uninterrupted seasons of Premiership football start to see clubs become something near financially stable, and, even some of those that have had massive financial investment are struggling now-Liverpool are remortgaged to the sum of £360 Million, and West Ham have had to scrap plans for their new training complex-despite their own investors in recent years-to save costs. Tottenham sold Defoe this week to ease their wage bill & Man United live on a debt that is only permitted because of the value of their fixed assets, much like Real Madrid did, before the Spanish Govt helped them out.

Stop crowing for "investment" until you realise (a) what that would imply for both the investor and the club, and (b) that it doesn''t mean that things would become better as has already been seen-indeed, after invesment, some clubs are now worse off than they were in the first place.

This just might be why the current regime are not so willing to simply sell out to anyone and everyone with a few quid. And if we all expect investors, then lets allow the original investors to be the same and sign out and off, with the collective baying of all their critics in their ears, with all of the money that they have put into the club returned to them, and them some. That would only be right wouldn''t it?

[/quote]

But, I thought that they were only in it for the l.ove of the yella & green Old???

Quite right, they will go when they finally see fit having made a quid or two... but to try and fool the gullible public in to beliveing otherwise is just hilarious...

That is why they get all the stick they deserve over it.

I would say that they get off very lightly indeed.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

So, what actual ''return'' do the major-shareholding couple get from a decade ago investing in the club?  A big fat Zero? Lifelong season ticket in the Barclay? Or just the satisfaction of ''summat ter doo on a Satday an'' odd Toosday?''

Expecting or demanding - (on eventual departure), some financial return from investing some money into NCFC?.......Not from our luvverly ickle board of Directing People of  Prudence (but not prudent when it comes to offah da field stuff).....It''s all just for the love of the club.......apparently. And the odd share or two - for that little retirement ''nest-egg'' with sufficient coal on the livin'' room fire - an'' a bit of Sky''s UK Gold. All snuggly an'' a comfy.....nice. 

[/quote]

Exactly Mello... just as I thought... [;)]

[quote user="corbs"]I do feel that a minority on here seem to hate the Board/Delia more than they support the club, so in a sense these people are akin to being Gippeswyk fans. Although I get frustrated at simplistic calls for ''investment'' and the ''release of funds'', these views are clearly from norwich fans with the club at heart. Likewise those who have bothered to read the accounts, and can muster a cogent arguement for financial mismanagement, are deserving of a hearing. But all to often we read on here about Delia being ''hounded'' out, or ''strung up'', and disparaging remarks about her disciples etc, and references to her Suffolk home, or friends from London. It is clear to me that such paraochial and prejudiced views are not coming from people who have much ability to see both sides of an arguement. Infact I suspect for these men, the closest they get to broadening their horizons is a visit to the Murderers Public House (or such like).  [/quote]

Fancy a pint?[B][<:o)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

But, I thought that they were only in it for the l.ove of the yella & green Old???

Quite right, they will go when they finally see fit having made a quid or two... but to try and fool the gullible public in to beliveing otherwise is just hilarious...

[/quote]

Please explain how they are making, or expect to make, money out of the club.

You certainly aren''t gullible.

But you''re certainly full of hate.

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="Smudger"]

Exactly Mello... just as I thought... [;)]

[/quote]

Smudgers thoughts. Now there''s an oxymoron.

[/quote]

What''s oxy get to do with it?

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="judderman"][quote user="Smudger"]

Spot on mate... we have been hearing about our summer rebuild (that we are saving the few pennies we have at the bottom of our piggy bank) for at least 3 years now!!![/quote]

Yet again you talk rubbish with no evidence...because the fans have known full well thse last 3 years that what we''ve spent in the transfer window has been our lot, and the board haven''t told us otherwise. Prove me wrong if you can with press releases, but I suspect you won''t answer this post because you don''t like difficult ones.

THIS year, the board haven''t told us anything, they haven''t said we''ve spent all we have, neither have they told us we''ve got more money to spend. Fair enough, I wouldn''t expect the board to tell us those details, and hope they don''t.
Glenn Roeder has however said we have had money to spend this transfer window and he''d rather not spend it until summer. So you think he''s lying?

You can say yes if you want, but don''t point to previous years because they don''t back you up at all, you''re just having a stab in the dark
[/quote]

So what''s new there then???

They never tell us anything... yet it is oh so easy for those of us who are not as naive as the day they were born to read between the lines!!!

[/quote]

I think organising a one man protest is about as naive as its possible to get.

[/quote]

Was it?

Proved a point to me and a few others.

It certainly blew away any doubt that gutless wonders like you would be up for a protest, whatever happened to this football club!!!

[quote user="Big Down Under"]Mr Carrow, you know better than most that the board have invested heavily in off field activities, specifically the land deal. You also know that the club stands to make a very healthy profit from that. The fact that they have invested too much at a time in off field activities also seems obvious, but none of us know how much Roeder has left on the table for the summer. We can guess, based on rumoured bids, but thats all.Smudger, if you don''t understand that clubs can''t earn enough through gate receipts these days to fund a consistently competitive team, you really should leave the finance talk to those that do.Arthur, unless you can provide any sort of quote from the club that they had spent money upfront on Big Dave you really should shut up on this. The media came up with a figure based on his release clause. We got him for one year cheaper than his release clause, and were contracted to spend 1m if we wanted to keep him. The board always kept the figures undisclosed until he went. You can''t blame the board for your own assumptions (well obviously you can, but to be honest it makes you look foolish).We aren''t a rich club. To much of the club''s money is tied up in a land deal, but we will make a profit on it. This is affecting our spending power, but we don''t fully know to what extent. We are now nearer the play off places than the relegation places, playing much better football, have an excellent manager, and more balanced looking squad, and we KNOW we have some funds for the summer. No need for the hysterical whinging at all.[/quote]

Please point me to where I have said this.

No I thought that you couldn''t.

We do however have a bigger fan base than most in this league, plus recent money from our season in the Premiership, plus we have made money on tansfer activity year after year for the last few years.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought it was the job of a football club director to put money in to the club?

If they can''t do this and are soley relying on the fans to keep the club afloat, then surely it is time that they put the club up for sale and moved on???

[quote user="Big Down Under"]Mr Carrow, you know better than most that the board have invested heavily in off field activities, specifically the land deal. You also know that the club stands to make a very healthy profit from that. The fact that they have invested too much at a time in off field activities also seems obvious, but none of us know how much Roeder has left on the table for the summer. We can guess, based on rumoured bids, but thats all.

Smudger, if you don''t understand that clubs can''t earn enough through gate receipts these days to fund a consistently competitive team, you really should leave the finance talk to those that do.

Arthur, unless you can provide any sort of quote from the club that they had spent money upfront on Big Dave you really should shut up on this. The media came up with a figure based on his release clause. We got him for one year cheaper than his release clause, and were contracted to spend 1m if we wanted to keep him. The board always kept the figures undisclosed until he went. You can''t blame the board for your own assumptions (well obviously you can, but to be honest it makes you look foolish).

We aren''t a rich club. To much of the club''s money is tied up in a land deal, but we will make a profit on it. This is affecting our spending power, but we don''t fully know to what extent. We are now nearer the play off places than the relegation places, playing much better football, have an excellent manager, and more balanced looking squad, and we KNOW we have some funds for the summer. No need for the hysterical whinging at all.
[/quote]

Yet the club did not mind letting their public believe that when it suited them did they?

When it suited them to tell us what they now want us to belive as the truth though, they are only too happy to talk to the press!!!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="corbs"]I do feel that a minority on here seem to hate the Board/Delia more than they support the club, so in a sense these people are akin to being Gippeswyk fans. Although I get frustrated at simplistic calls for ''investment'' and the ''release of funds'', these views are clearly from norwich fans with the club at heart. Likewise those who have bothered to read the accounts, and can muster a cogent arguement for financial mismanagement, are deserving of a hearing. But all to often we read on here about Delia being ''hounded'' out, or ''strung up'', and disparaging remarks about her disciples etc, and references to her Suffolk home, or friends from London. It is clear to me that such paraochial and prejudiced views are not coming from people who have much ability to see both sides of an arguement. Infact I suspect for these men, the closest they get to broadening their horizons is a visit to the Murderers Public House (or such like).  [/quote]

Fancy a pint?[B][<:o)]

[/quote]

pmslk Mello... Cheers mate... [B] [8-|]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Please explain how they are making, or expect to make, money out of the club.

You certainly aren''t gullible.

But you''re certainly full of hate.

[/quote]

Maybe I''m wrong?

Maybe they do it for the love of the club, something to do on a Saturday afternoon, purely for the PR or whatever???

Maybe pigs fly???