Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

stupid transfer policy of our board!!!

why oh why do we continue to waste money on loans? now we have more loanees than can be in a matchday squad!! why? surely this shows a total lack of ambition from this board of ours. we cannot keep relying on loans we need to make permanaent signings and quick.

[quote user="baldyboy"]why oh why do we continue to waste money on loans? now we have more loanees than can be in a matchday squad!! why? surely this shows a total lack of ambition from this board of ours. we cannot keep relying on loans we need to make permanaent signings and quick.[/quote]

If we stay up (or better) then they will not have been a waste of money.

MAYBE just Maybe.. Glenn Roeder is using loans at the moment so he has a little bit extra money in the summer? of he''s saving his transfer budget to try bring in the striker we''re so desperatly crying out for?

no money = no perm signings... i have been saying this for weeks!

as for having more loans than we are allowed to play... im sure its somewhat cockeyed that we get somone here with no guarentees of 1st team football! he could of stayed at his parent club for that! if we are paying Premiership wages for someone to turn out for the reserves twice a month i''ll be livid!

jas :)

Totally agree.

Its staggering how the expectations of so many have been managed so effectively. The majority realised at the end of PG''s reign that a totally replenishment was needed and leading up to the window we all talked of 4-6 players coming in to replace the dead wood. To then clear out the dead wood, all permanent players, and replace it with players who dont belong to us is not forwards movement, its sideways at best. In fact if loan fees and wages are included, its not even that, it''s desperation plain and simple.

To reiterate, these players dont belong to us. They can be recalled at any time and when they are, WE are left with the remnants of NW and PG''s squads. There is no "GR''s squad", just assorted borrowed players that aren''t really responsible to NCFC and who don''t really have to care, let alone bleed yellow and green. Truth is, they''re in training for their real clubs who own them. Is that what NCFC is these days, a training ground for other, better run clubs?

In 2004 the board sactioned 3 ambitious loans because those loans were to have a real crack at promotion, and guess what? The ambition paid off. These loans today are the exact opposite - desperate loans to sure up a woefully threadbare "squad" and ensure championship survival, because that''s all we can play for. And loans now, for whatever reason, are all we can tempt to our club.

How tragic. [:(]

[quote user="baldyboy"]why oh why do we continue to waste money on loans? now we have more loanees than can be in a matchday squad!! why? surely this shows a total lack of ambition from this board of ours. we cannot keep relying on loans we need to make permanaent signings and quick.[/quote]

What are you on about?

I imagine all of our loan wages were freed up when Strihavka and Brieller et al left and as another poster said, if we survive relegation, then they have been money well spend!

LOL Baldyboy. Brilliant! So are they allowed unlimited permanent signings in a match day squad? No. So why have more than you are allowed in a match day squad? Competition for places and cover for injuries. Its is quite an old tactic, having more players than you are allowed to play at any one time. Its generally considered to be a good idea.I''m beginning to think that the majoritity of posters on here are members of a secret French surrealist terrorist gang. Not very effective, but rather scary all the same.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

An utter, total farce..................disappointed in Glen to be honest.

Is it any wonder that other club fans are laughing at us today.

[/quote]

Funnily enough my two housemates mentioned just now that we have had a good day in the transfer market today. (Ones an arsenal fan who rates Gibbs highly it should be noted)

Certainly didnt realize anyone was laughing at us?

Absolute Shambles having 7 loan players only being able to play 5 and worst of all 3 being the same damn position!! And Less than 75 first team appearances alltold for the 6 youngsters...

[/quote]

Examples please?

[quote user="rudenotto69"]

What are you on about we have signed so far 4 players today i''m sure loads of fans are NOT laughing at us.

[/quote]

Oh, lots of signing has been going on, has it? Actual CONTRACT signing?

"Go on mate, lend us a tenner... yeah I promise Ill get myself straight with it... its just a kick stat y''know?"

[/quote]

Yeah, hound Glen out, the idiot.

Like you''re always twittering, show some proof that other club fans are

laughing at us........no, thought not. Wizard, melodamatic queen more

like  [:P]

Correction to previous post

4 players signed on LOAN today

Ahh should have been perm signings as everything would have been so much more positive.

Take your teener and shove it FFS get a grip

[quote user="rudenotto69"]

What are you on about we have signed so far 4 players today i''m sure loads of fans are NOT laughing at us.

[/quote]

But we haven''t signed them, they''re all loans who won''t be here long!.

My son in law is a Spurs fan and he''s not laughing. He feels it''s shrewd business to see us through the second half of the season before a summer rebuild.

Evidence of these laughing fans please Wiz??

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="rudenotto69"]

[/quote]

But we haven''t signed them, they''re all loans who won''t be here long!.

[/quote]

Fair enough.. But no one is laughing at us. This isnt "Lets be avin ewe" all over again...

If and that is a mighty big if, we are saving our money for a good striker today or serious team rebuilding in the summer then thats fine. But I can see Doncaster telling us all how much was used up on loans, even if it wasn''t!

Personally I still think we need a striker, with Ched a temp, and Curo crap, who''s going to get the goals!

Its a crap day and says to the footballing world Norwich City are skint , just like Doncaster is always telling us . We dont even have a squad of our own now its just all borrowed , as for everybody going on about a summer rebuild , yeah right lmao .

Come on people, it''s create competition for places... we''ve got rid of most of the dead wood now, we''re bringing in highly rated hungry rising stars... why are people soo unhappy here? This''ll see us through to the summer where Glenn can really begin to mold his team... wouldn''t surprise me if one or two of these loanees became perm...

If we sign a striker before midnight, i''ll be over the moon!

too much criticism... when a player does really well on loan, we have a foot in the door to buy him permantly. We are trying out loads of promising youngsters, hopefully we may but one or two of the better ones in the summer once they have have built a rapor with our club. Huckerby? Yes, I know about taylor, but he will be here in th summer

Now Wiz you don''t know how long they will be here do you? Its not a bad idea to test the goods before you buy and a lot of us know how impossible it is to get out of Norfolk once we are here......... those long blue skies, etc. e.g,. Hucks.

But just say we get into the play-offs and actually win them and get promoted we know from last time that players in the Championship will not be good enough for the Premiership so what is the good of having them under contract?

I think that Roeder has got it right..... good on him. Ten games without defeat nothing wrong with that in my book. It will be interesting to see what he does with the Academy. Does not seem to be in the scheme of things at the moment does it?

On the ball City!

well said... Birmingham managed to pick up 2 of the young players they had successfully on loan from Arsenal - and if they aren''t any good we can give them back! Bertrand has already said that after playing in front of 25,000 he doesn''t want to go back to reserve team football... and whether they are loans or permanent I would prefer to be in our position than the many teams who haven''t managed to get anyone in - I can''t think of many players who are moving clubs permanently at the moment who I would have wanted us to pay a fee to bring in? 

Its also well worth noting that the kids we have got in are all highly rated youngsters.  They are going to come in motivated and hungry to make an impression, rather have that sort of attitude in the squad than some older journeyman type players with nothing left to prove.  Permanent signings who could have the same impact as Huckerby did aren''t about.  Good players are being retained by clubs, average players are sold at inflated prices. 

Glen has done well so far, I am going to trust his judgement.  Also would have a fair bet that one or 2 of the loans could be made permanent in the summer.  My money is on Bertrand and Evans.

No clubs do team rebuilds in the january transfer window, i for one would have been a little dissapointed if we had wasted more money than nesersary on buying 3or 4 players now when they would have been cheaper in the summer, plus,there will be a much larger pool of players available to chose from as that is when most clubs decide who they are letting go.

[/quote]

If other clubs are laughing at us they may do better to bide their time. Yes I wanted big name permanent signings like everybody else but I trust Roeder big time and I think what he is doing just may work. IMO one of his great strenghts is in developing young players and getting the best from them. He wants enthusiasm and energy on the trraining field and he will definately get it from these new guys. I have seen Arsenal accademy boys in action and they are fantastic, we shouldnt be dissapointed to get the odd one here at Norwich. Ched, Bertrand have both delivered and there is no reason why the other new boys wont. " Before long you wont recognise this team" or words to that effect, we all perhaps misinterpreted what that meant.

The likes of Chris Martin and Jarvis will really get to see how to train by watching these young guns, and stop prancing around Colney as if they own the place. New young loanees doesnt mean the end of our accadamy but it will  demonstrate to Ricky Martin and others the standards that need to be achieved.   Yes the loanees can be recalled, yes they dont belong to us, but if they do well at our great club and are well supported by us we could well end up buying a few in the summer. This could be a strategy to build a young exciting squad that can continue to develop and grow over the coming seasons. Yes it`s a gamble but what have we got to lose,the way things are going with results and our existing squad I dont think we will go down.

We all want the Board to spend big time to prove to us, their greatest critics that they are prepared to back the manager and have ambition for the club.I feel this way too but IMO there is some money there for Roeder but he has chosen not to spend yet and  take this route.  

Joke posts as expected. Moaning about lack of ambition, and lack of signings, we bring in a handful of new players on loan, and the complaint is ''they don''t belong to us''. If we went out and bought these youngsters, the critics would have a field day..''unproven players'' ''waste of money'' etc. How out of touch can some of you be. Do you really see the modern player ''belonging to the Club''. As fans we all know, players are here today and gone tomorrow. I used to pray that Bellamy had a bad spell, just because I wanted him to stay here a little longer. Excellent business by Roader, competition for places. Mines a Wherry!

[quote user="corbs"]Joke posts as expected. Moaning about lack of ambition, and lack of signings, we bring in a handful of new players on loan, and the complaint is ''they don''t belong to us''. If we went out and bought these youngsters, the critics would have a field day..''unproven players'' ''waste of money'' etc. How out of touch can some of you be. Do you really see the modern player ''belonging to the Club''. As fans we all know, players are here today and gone tomorrow. I used to pray that Bellamy had a bad spell, just because I wanted him to stay here a little longer. Excellent business by Roader, competition for places. Mines a Wherry![/quote]

Good call, a Wherry will do me too!