Sign in to follow this  
SouthamptonCanary

Murray has left

http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=2561_0_1_0_M

Hibs announce that Ian Murray has terminated his contract with us and will be signing with them til the end of the season.

Is it wrong that I am getting a bit worried because Roeder is doing a great job in getting rid of the rubbish but we still haven''t bough in any more fresh faces.  I''m worried because if we get any injuries we will be fooked!!

Roeder said he would only let him go once he has secured a replacement....hopefully hes close to snapping someone up

Either that, or Murray and Hibs agreed to just walk away from current contract and too good for the club to resist?  Or is it Glenn forcing the boards hand on transfers by getting rid of more players?  Having said this though, not one of the players Glen has scrapped would even get on the bench.

[quote user="Mark Barham Appreciation Society"]

I''m a bit confused here.  Did we really just terminate/pay up his contract ?  With both Hibs and Falkirk interested, surely we could have got a transfer fee ?  There seems to be no mention of one.

Far from making money out of player transfers, we seem to be settling up and giving them away now ...

[/quote]

Indeed, Hibs are supposed to be interested in him. So we bend over backwards to release him for free, then the next day he signs (Albeit short-term) for hibs!

[quote user="Mark Barham Appreciation Society"]

I''m a bit confused here.  Did we really just terminate/pay up his contract ?  With both Hibs and Falkirk interested, surely we could have got a transfer fee ?  There seems to be no mention of one.

Far from making money out of player transfers, we seem to be settling up and giving them away now ...

[/quote]I don''t think we are paying up their contracts.  I think the terminations are mutual in the case of Brellier, Strihavka and Murray.

I''m not suggesting we are paying up the whole contract, just that the player''s Mr 15% is bound to have negotiated some sort of settlement/pay-off.  And we don''t appear to be making any money when there are clubs clearly interested in him.  I can understand that interest in Brellier and Strihavka might not have got us a transfer fee, but with Hibs appearing as keen as they were, surely we could have made something ...

Any money towards the gap between Birmingham''s valuation of ''Tiny'' and our £750K, you would have thought, would have been greatly received.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Mark Barham Appreciation Society"]

[/quote]
I don''t think we are paying up their contracts.  I think the terminations are mutual in the case of Brellier, Strihavka and Murray.
[/quote]

Nowhere has it said mutual - the only writing i''ve seen has all said "contracts terminated" or "released". Besides, even if they are mutual terminations, it doesn''t mean we''re not paying them up - just means we don''t pay the full whack.

It''s been doing my nut in for years now that we sign players on medium-to-long contracts and then just pay them off when they flop. Even getting 50k would be better than nothing at all.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

It''s been doing my nut in for years now that we sign players on medium-to-long contracts and then just pay them off when they flop. Even getting 50k would be better than nothing at all.

[/quote]

First, Murray, Brellier and Strihavka were not on medium-to-long term contracts.

Second, would you rather we kept paying their wages meaning we couldn''t afford to bring new players in or make better offers to players we want to keep?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

First, Murray, Brellier and Strihavka were not on medium-to-long term contracts.

Second, would you rather we kept paying their wages meaning we couldn''t afford to bring new players in or make better offers to players we want to keep?

[/quote]

First, FYI Brellier was on a 2 year deal, which says to me medium-to-long term.

Second, where the hell did I say I wanted to keep them? The club never seems to make any effort to make a sale.

If you don''t terminate their contracts, and can''t sell them, you have to pay their wages.

You can''t sell players you don''t own - e.g. Strihavka and Murray.