Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Huckerby and Dublin

Now I may be wrong but I believe that both have their contracts expiring this summer. I am intrigued at what GR will do about them.

I am increasingly concerned that Huckerby seems to be losing that edge that he had when he joined us and which has been a rare ray of light since relegation. Unless he is delivering his lightning pace down the wing, his trickery, goals and assists on a regular basis then it is difficult to make a case to counteract the lack of any defensive capability. I am still not convinced either that he is right up front- who would be his ideal partner- a target, a quick man or a pure finisher? With Chadwick, Croft and Pattison who are all wide players (plus Otsemboor who is not afraid to get forward) is GR preparing for a Huckerby free 2008/9...............or with Brown and Dave gone and Evans only on loan does GR see him up front in his twilight playing years?

DD impresses me more as a figurehead than anything else. I can see his calm and sensible approach and tactical experience being very handy on the pitch. However we must surely be able to do better than DD at centre back and up front will he continue to be able to offer that target as well as tracking back to collect a ball when required? How would he work out with Chris Martin for instance? Is he even interested in a further year or so here either as a player or in some coaching capacity (personally I think he''d be a great man to run the academy).

TW.

Hucks is going to be my handyman and see to my every need whereas Dion will be my chauffeur, dinner date and social organiser.

Wow what a good time I''ll be having. [:)]

I hope Dublin stays for another year, as he is a model pro, makes an effort and scores goals, neither of these attributes can be said of the once great Darren Huckerby...

They should keep Dublin on as a coach come player, his experience is vital. I''d imagine he''s somewhat of a father figure in the team...As for Huckerby, well not sure, it depends what happens to his form. He says he wants Norwich to be his last club, if that''s truely the case we should keep him as a super-sub, coming on half way through the second half to give us extra bite or finish teams of need be.That''s what I reckon.

Just heard on Radio Boredland Dion saying that this will be his last season.  Hope the club keeps him on in a coaching role.

As for Huckerby, it seems that he is playing with one eye on the end of the season.  Perhaps there is something in the rumour of him going to the States in the summer. Cause the way he is playing, his propechy that Norwich will be his last English club will be true, as no-one else would want him.  Don''t get me wrong, Huckerby is a legend and always will be - but his time is nigh.  Personally, I don''t think that he is the most skilful player in the world and relied heavily on his pace.  Now that he is losing that (not that I''d want to race him though!!!), he is finding it more difficult to take on and pass quick, mobile strong defenders.

If I''m right about it being his last season, I would like to be the first to thank Mr Huckerby for his contribution to the cause.

Its been interesting that Glen has said that he would like to talk to Deon about the possibility of staying another year (weather or not talks have happened yet, your guess is as good as mine) but he has not said anything about extending Darrens contract.