Sign in to follow this  
Misery Guts

New signing potentially at 2pm

[quote user="Misery Guts"]Nothing concrete but Glenn Roeder has said that we could be bringing in a new player on loan from the prem at 2pm[/quote]

When and where did he say this?  Source please.

I went to the press conference this morning , you may well read about it in half and hour all he said was "We made an approach for a quality player and he''s mulling it over, I cant understand why the modern day footballer needs 24 hours to make a descion". I am not saying that anyone will sign or anything like that but this is what Glenn actually said.

someone on wratch says his friend just texted him on the A47 driving away from Norwich, having seen a HUGE Hummer going the opposite way, towards our fine city. No idea if it''s true, or even if it necessarily means anything.But I think we all know who has a hummer ;-)Probably a loan if we got Earnie

[quote user="Misery Guts"]

I went to the press conference this morning , you may well read about it in half and hour all he said was "We made an approach for a quality player and he''s mulling it over, I cant understand why the modern day footballer needs 24 hours to make a descion". I am not saying that anyone will sign or anything like that but this is what Glenn actually said.

[/quote]

How does 2pm come into it?

"I can''t understand why the modern day footballer needs 24 hours to make a decision".  Did he really say that?  Sounds worryingly like a man nearing the end of his tether. 

This is simply not good enough, we have some money, and I am sure if Glenn really wanted more some could be sorted out. We want permanent quality signings, or at least long term loans with transfer fee already decided. From what Glenn has said in latest story is that it is very much a temporary loan. We have let so many players go that a couple of injuries would be a disaster!

I may not have been keen on Brellier and I believe that Strihavka could have come good, but certainly not for the amount we would have to pay to keep him (he was worth 300-500k tops!) at least they were squad members. I don''t believe that any of the former youth team fringe players are good enough, Jarvis brothers, Spillane, Renton etc.

So we need players in now

I can also reveal that we''re not going to get many permanent deals until the summer and from what I have gathered its about getting through this season first.

This loan buisness is starting to stink, with players sold, shipped out etc, there must be money somewhere at the club, especially after what GR said about two players coming in this week...............I''m sick of it!.

1 player ...yes it is great for the club to get in a quality player but 1 player ? we all know we need at least 3 by the end of the window to make some sort of a inpact to the team, i would have though roeder has had plenty of time to know who will come and who would not queries must go on before januray ?

[quote user="Misery Guts"]

[/quote]

Lets hope this sarcastic (Albeit true) comment doesnt put the player off!

Can''t believe Roeder said " why does player need 24 hours to decide". Why didn''t Roeder get it sorted out earlier? If this player comes in he hasn''t got off on the right foot has he.

Roeders performance in this transfer window has so far left a lot to be desired.

Great another loanee , hard to conceal the excitement and we are looking at League 1 players for the summer , so much for givng Roeder financial backing .

I totally understand where Glenn is coming from with regard to not wanting to sign a load of dross journeyman, and I also appreciate that realistically it is all about next season in terms of promotion. However, we do need to get some more bodies in, we are in a perilous position both in terms of league position and squad size with any injuries causing big problems on both counts.

I believe if we get Taylor in and a striker on loan or permanently we will be absolutely fine, and waiting until the summer for getting new blood in will be the right decision, if we don''t however, who knows what might happen,it seems our current youths may not be up to scratch.

All I know is I trust Roeder.

[quote user="Misery Guts"]Nothing concrete but Glenn Roeder has said that we could be bringing in a new player on loan from the prem at 2pm[/quote]What would you want the new loan signing to be though....Defender or Striker?Personally I''d go for Striker, we''re relatively strong in defence but have failed to convert our chances on multiple occasions, we need goals.

What an unholy mess, as per usual. Unfortunately this revives memories of Worthy and Grant''s "wheeling and dealing" in the transfer windows. It looks suspiciously like very few quality players wish to join NCFC.  Third Division here we come!

[quote user="tribes"]

Can''t believe Roeder said " why does player need 24 hours to decide". Why didn''t Roeder get it sorted out earlier? If this player comes in he hasn''t got off on the right foot has he.

Roeders performance in this transfer window has so far left a lot to be desired.

[/quote]

Why so critical of Roeder''s performance in this window?  You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.  It could be that negotiations for this deal could have been going on over a week, and the clubs struck an agreement only for the player to need longer to think about it.  You can see why that would be frustrating.

I think everyone needs to calm down, take a deep breath.  Yes loan signing are not ideal but they can turn permanent, who though Shawcross would be joining Stoke permanently when he went there at the start of the season?  As Roeder said last week, he could sign 2 teams worth of players that are just not good enough, but we need players who will improve the performance level and overall quality of the squad.

From where we had slumped to we need a long term fix, not some kind of boom and bust strategy.

I still trust Roeder, we still have 2 more weeks of this window and think some more deals are in the pipeline.

The worry is that if we just have loan signings with Glenn leaving perm signings until the Summer, the money we have now will disappear like it always does! And then we will get the spin about rising costs in football, Agent and Loan fees!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]The worry is that if we just have loan signings with Glenn leaving perm signings until the Summer, the money we have now will disappear like it always does! And then we will get the spin about rising costs in football, Agent and Loan fees![/quote]

I agree 100%, but having a load of useless journeymen is no better. I don''t think Roeder is one to be messed about by the board, and I hope the board realise that if they annoyed him and he left then they would lose any remaining goodwill with the fans.

[quote user="Misery Guts"]Nothing concrete but Glenn Roeder has said that we could be bringing in a new player on loan from the prem at 2pm[/quote]

Then let''s have a chat at about 2:01pm.

I see the ghost of Dave Cotterill hovering over us................

Great, so we might be getting someone in on loan, byut then again we might not. This feels like yet another "We''re trying really hard but can''t get anyone" story.

er so its 2.15 now, anything?

Or do we go from 2 players in before Sat to none!

I wonder if Glenn has finally discovered that crucial thing which plagued PG and NW, players just don''t want to come to Delia''s Little Norwich!

I cannot believe you lot are expecting news at 2.01. Either way, don''t expect news for at least 2 / 3 hours. Roeder doesn''t sign a player then think "oh i must email Pink''un and let them know!"

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

er so its 2.15 now, anything?

Or do we go from 2 players in before Sat to none!

I wonder if Glenn has finally discovered that crucial thing which plagued PG and NW, players just don''t want to come to Delia''s Little Norwich!

[/quote]

.......what does Delia have to do with it? Delia can''t go out and build Nightclubs, Shopping centres, etc. Everything about the football setup is good to excellent she can not change the location of it though.