Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Is today the day???

Is today going to bring us the signings we need, I have a feeling in my waters that Tiny will sign today given the announcement of Season ticket prices and the need for some good PR, ther could be another 2 maybe?

I believe we could see the exit of Marshall today with Evans coming the other way?

However, I have absolutely no faith in our board whatsoever and am sure they will make another tidy transfer profit this window!! We have still not invested the money promised from the board after the last sales "Which will go back into the player budget" (My arse) If we do get 2.5 Million for Marshall? We should have plenty to spend!!

I await Marshall to be an Un-disclosed fee and the players in to be Un-disclosed, especially the random foreign player we will sign and know nothing about! They will then get Archant to juice him up and rumour the fee to be about 6 Million to explain the disappearing funds when he was actually £5! 

We have a manager in who has proved himself and seems shrewd, so for christs sake back the man now! A forward that can actually take more than 1 in 28 chances might be a good start!!!

I really hope today is the day that we announce a couple of new signings.  I''m getting really impatient waiting for new player and worried that we have got rid of so many players even though its all the rubbish ones apart from Lewis.  My concern is that if we don''t replace these deadwood players we could be in some big trouble should we get a few injuries

[quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]I really hope today is the day that we announce a couple of new signings.  I''m getting really impatient waiting for new player and worried that we have got rid of so many players even though its all the rubbish ones apart from Lewis.  My concern is that if we don''t replace these deadwood players we could be in some big trouble should we get a few injuries[/quote]

It is a worrying possibility but you must credit Roeder with the nouse to deal with all this. Players will not be let go without something coming in. Todays departure of Murrey must surely see a new CH coming in, hopefully Tiny, who I bwelieve has grown yet anothe 2 inches since we last saw him. Exiting day ahead? 

Now Murray has gone I am sure that someone will be coming in today!

I just hope that this signing doesn''t blow our transfer budget as we must get a decent striker in as well. Its all very well going on about Cureton''s goal tally last year, and moaning about lack of service, but to be honest I don''t think Cureton is good enough. He has had chances on a plate for many games this season and has missed them, even some of his goals were poorly executed and were just in!

Lets hope so, good to see more deadwood go. How much have we wasted on crappy deadwood over the last 3-4 years. Roeder is fast changing the culture of this club. However I still believe this is a massive job, which involves totally changing the attitude and culture of everyone involved with the acadamy. These kids have the ability but not the application and simply need to be educated.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]

Is today going to bring us the signings we need, I have a feeling in my waters that Tiny will sign today given the announcement of Season ticket prices and the need for some good PR, ther could be another 2 maybe?

I believe we could see the exit of Marshall today with Evans coming the other way?

However, I have absolutely no faith in our board whatsoever and am sure they will make another tidy transfer profit this window!! We have still not invested the money promised from the board after the last sales "Which will go back into the player budget" (My arse) If we do get 2.5 Million for Marshall? We should have plenty to spend!!

I await Marshall to be an Un-disclosed fee and the players in to be Un-disclosed, especially the random foreign player we will sign and know nothing about! They will then get Archant to juice him up and rumour the fee to be about 6 Million to explain the disappearing funds when he was actually £5! 

We have a manager in who has proved himself and seems shrewd, so for christs sake back the man now! A forward that can actually take more than 1 in 28 chances might be a good start!!!

[/quote]Highly unlikely I suspect another day of silence, I think Glen must have meant he wanted to hopefully have -2 players in...I

Remember that in all transfer windows there is a huge amount of jockeying for position- no one wants to be left with a depleted squad so often its a big game of merry go round which doesn''t get rationalised until the last few days. Added to that complexity is that fact that one of our targets has a newish manager and another we are rumoured to be loaning has just seen the so-called Tyne messiah return which throws everything into the air.

Credit to GR for clearing out the deadwood amazingly quickly and decisively and not leaving disaffected players to lump around until they get other offers. I''ll bet he now has a good idea of his total kitty and the wage bill so now he knows exactly how much he has available for the positions he thinks he needs to fill. Of those that have come in they all look pretty good so far so if that is the yardstick it looks promising for later in the month when I hope his patience will be rewarded with his first choice targets.

I''m as keen as anybody else to see announcements of new arrivals but GR has impressed me a lot so far in his actions and I have confidence in him to deliver.

I had a dream last night that Taylor had signed (yes, I''m that sad)! But get this...

I also recently had a dream that my workplace got broken into, and bugger me, it did within a week!!!! 

[quote user="Stone"]

I had a dream last night that Taylor had signed (yes, I''m that sad)! But get this...

I also recently had a dream that my workplace got broken into, and bugger me, it did within a week!!!! 

[/quote]

Is that true or are you just making that up?

[quote user="C.T "][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is absolutely true! Unfortunately I was stuck with sorting out the mess afterwards (damn teenage-skater vandals!)!

Admittedly that was my only (rubbish) preminition, but if Tiny does sign today my new-found gift will have made itself known to all! 

I might even appear in an episode of Heroes or something!

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Remember that in all transfer windows there is a huge amount of jockeying for position- no one wants to be left with a depleted squad so often its a big game of merry go round which doesn''t get rationalised until the last few days. Added to that complexity is that fact that one of our targets has a newish manager and another we are rumoured to be loaning has just seen the so-called Tyne messiah return which throws everything into the air.

Credit to GR for clearing out the deadwood amazingly quickly and decisively and not leaving disaffected players to lump around until they get other offers. I''ll bet he now has a good idea of his total kitty and the wage bill so now he knows exactly how much he has available for the positions he thinks he needs to fill. Of those that have come in they all look pretty good so far so if that is the yardstick it looks promising for later in the month when I hope his patience will be rewarded with his first choice targets.

I''m as keen as anybody else to see announcements of new arrivals but GR has impressed me a lot so far in his actions and I have confidence in him to deliver.

[/quote]

Finally a sensible view of the transfer window!!!

[quote user="Stone"][quote user="C.T "][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I might even appear in an episode of Heroes or something!

[/quote]

As an office cleaner??

Well I did mean dealing with the security co. and police etc, but given the choice I''d be happy to appear in Heroes an an office cleaner! 

Obviously not the day then! Its just another day in the life of an NCFC fan. No signings, more players leaving and a load of B******s stories about this and that might happen!Our board are a laughing stock, I reckon they are budgeting for league 1 already!!! They may just need to!

Maybe it''s just me but I feel a little like a deflated balloon after today''s non-event.  Today was so obviously not the day, although why I am suprised I have no clue.

I do wish they hadn''t said anything about a player possible coming in, what a let down for the fans, once again.

Another worrying factor for me was that in the statement about the season tickets they mention a discount if we get relegated, can''t remember a time when they have included that. [:^)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Another worrying factor for me was that in the statement about the season tickets they mention a discount if we get relegated, can''t remember a time when they have included that. [:^)]

[/quote]

Based on the board''s performance in the transfer market this window so far make that a ''when we get relegated '' not an ''if''.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Based on the board''s performance in the transfer market this window so far make that a ''when we get relegated '' not an ''if''.

[/quote]

I have to say that after the lift of getting GR here and the fact he had fingers in pies with regard to bringing in players, today''s news on the no-show player front, and now with the fact the club saying if we get relegated you get so much off a season ticket, things definately do not look as rosey.  If they don''t have confidence that we can stay in this league then how the hell are the fans supposed to?