Sign in to follow this  
CJ

We deserve better

This may not get posted as I am about to criticise the Pink Un. It is 6 O clock way past the "new" loanee window set by Roeder yet no update on the lead story.

This is either bad reporting in that no one is chasing Roeder etc to see whats up or bad management by Roeder et al for not keeping the press and more importantly the fans notified on where this is!

I am beginning to worry that Glenn is struggling to attract players here. Why is the Taylor situation dragging on so long. He played here and fitted in with the team well and the fans loved him, yet we seem to be messing around rather than snapping him up. Are we really that short of cash. We have just sold two players and let go many others we look a very very thin squad now.

It is rather worrying that no players even look like coming to CR.  Very wrong for the Club to let the fans get a sniff of a possible signing only for that to fall flat on it''s face for now, leaving the fans somewhat deflated.

Players leaving left, right and centre and no one permanent being brought in to replace them.  One or two injuries tomorrow (god forbid that happens), to key players and we could be in major doo-doo''s.

As for the Taylor situation, I am sure I don''t know what''s going on there.  Taylor has been told he''s not needed, we have said we want him, so either the legal dealings are taking longer than expected, they are still arguing over money, or he''s going to be a nice suprise for the NC faithful, which I doubt very much.  However NCFC have been known in the past to spring suprises.

I have a nasty feeling that the news today was a bit of spin to cushion the blow of yet another increase in season tickets, I could be wrong, but the timing is definately sus.

[quote user="CJ"]

This may not get posted as I am about to criticise the Pink Un. It is 6 O clock way past the "new" loanee window set by Roeder yet no update on the lead story.

This is either bad reporting in that no one is chasing Roeder etc to see whats up or bad management by Roeder et al for not keeping the press and more importantly the fans notified on where this is!

I am beginning to worry that Glenn is struggling to attract players here. Why is the Taylor situation dragging on so long. He played here and fitted in with the team well and the fans loved him, yet we seem to be messing around rather than snapping him up. Are we really that short of cash. We have just sold two players and let go many others we look a very very thin squad now.

[/quote]

I would prefer it if a ''Jezzer Paxman'' "Tell us how it really fuggin'' is!" football pundit type, was employed by Archant instead of ''Snuggley Kissy Fluffy Wuffy Clubby Lovey Wuvvy Mmmmh Nice Delia''s hospitality Club and Match reporting nodding Donkey Cozyistic Don''t Rock the Coracle or you won''t get through the Stadium Door Columnist''s and Football Writing Woofters.......and the Donkster will fry your brains if you''re unhelpful or write negatives.....

But it''s only a personal opinion...... 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]It is rather worrying that no players even look like coming to CR.  Very wrong for the Club to let the fans get a sniff of a possible signing only for that to fall flat on it''s face for now, leaving the fans somewhat deflated.[/quote]

Yes, god forbid that the club might actually try to keep us informed about what actions are being taken.

We don''t hear anything on the transfer front, there''s an outcry overy inaction from the board.

They advise of potential moves and again are criticised if it doesn''t happen.

I don''t get why everyone thinks a transfer is such a clear cut thing. You could offer good money, great facilities, top support etc, but if the player decides not to play there, it all becomes a moot point. (Tiny himself has already demonstrated this by turning down QPR).

We accuse the board of a lack of ambition (rightly in a number of cases), yet why aren''t these players being branded the same? If a player is happy to sit on their arse in the Prem reserves without getting a sight of the pitch, because they''re being paid £8-10k a week to be lazy - how is that a lack of ambition from our board? More like total lack of ambition from the player.

It''s a virtual no-win position for the club at the minute, as any news, or a lack of it, is being taken in a poor light...

Why is it all we are hearing about is loan players. We have money, we don''t know how much exactly but with the 800k from Lewis and Brown sale to add to the transfer kitty, i just don''t understand why loan players is all we are hearing about.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

It is rather worrying that no players even look like coming to CR.  Very wrong for the Club to let the fans get a sniff of a possible signing only for that to fall flat on it''s face for now, leaving the fans somewhat deflated.

Players leaving left, right and centre and no one permanent being brought in to replace them.  One or two injuries tomorrow (god forbid that happens), to key players and we could be in major doo-doo''s.

As for the Taylor situation, I am sure I don''t know what''s going on there.  Taylor has been told he''s not needed, we have said we want him, so either the legal dealings are taking longer than expected, they are still arguing over money, or he''s going to be a nice suprise for the NC faithful, which I doubt very much.  However NCFC have been known in the past to spring suprises.

I have a nasty feeling that the news today was a bit of spin to cushion the blow of yet another increase in season tickets, I could be wrong, but the timing is definately sus.

[/quote]

Some people just have to read something into every single thing that surrounds this club!!

Hardly a surprise that there has been a small increase in ticket prices and who would be stupid enough to be swayed by some airy fairy promise of possible arrivals. Plus it was Roeder who has been mentioning new signings all week and not any members of the board.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Some people just have to read something into every single thing that surrounds this club!!

Hardly a surprise that there has been a small increase in ticket prices and who would be stupid enough to be swayed by some airy fairy promise of possible arrivals. Plus it was Roeder who has been mentioning new signings all week and not any members of the board.

[/quote]

All about Personal Opinion isnt it? I have mine and you have yours [;)]

Look around on these message threads, I''m not alone in my thinking. 

CTID,

Maybe because the prices for some of the permanent targets are being hiked up due to the transfer window, and clubs lack of desire to sell many players at this time in the season.

Yes, there have been a few transfers here and there to clubs, but the majority of deals in either window tend to be completed nearer the end than the middle.

Being fair as well, would you rather have 2-4 quality loan players (people like Ameobi, Earnie etc), or spend money on players like the Brown''s and DJ Campbell''s, that are out there?

The only real exception I can think of at the minute is the Martin Taylor situation, whereby we''re clearly playing hardball against Brady, and it''s a question of when she''ll crack over it. The thought of paying good money for a player to rot in the reserves will surely be on Brum''s mind, and I really would be surprised if he''s not here by the end of the window, for close to the £750k we offered.

[quote user="city til i die"]Why is it all we are hearing about is loan players. We have money, we don''t know how much exactly but with the 800k from Lewis and Brown sale to add to the transfer kitty, i just don''t understand why loan players is all we are hearing about.[/quote]

lol, you haven''t been supporting city long have you?  Nothing will change till we get a new board. Delia oh so quiet atm, I have some suspicions there too and that may be another reason behind the hold up of transfers.

Don''t blame the Pinkun, blame the club. The article was based on one from the official site. I agree we should be kept informed to a certain extent, but releasing a story saying we are expecting a call at 2pm from a player etc etc is just WAY too much information. Its only going to get people''s hopes up, and there is a big chance it will go wrong. This player may well still sign, but these are complicated deals to complete and there was always going to be a high probability of this one going wrong and not completing that afternoon. They gave no margin for error, its just mis-settings people''s expectations and it was a stupid story to release.

[quote user="Big Down Under"]Don''t blame the Pinkun, blame the club. The article was based on one from the official site. I agree we should be kept informed to a certain extent, but releasing a story saying we are expecting a call at 2pm from a player etc etc is just WAY too much information. Its only going to get people''s hopes up, and there is a big chance it will go wrong. This player may well still sign, but these are complicated deals to complete and there was always going to be a high probability of this one going wrong and not completing that afternoon. They gave no margin for error, its just mis-settings people''s expectations and it was a stupid story to release.
[/quote]

Let''s be honest : it was The Rodent who came out with the quote and mentioned 2pm which was just being silly. I also thought it odd that he croiticized the player for wanting 24 hours to think about the move as thogh this was extremely unreasonable when of course it was perfectly normal. Perhaps the player read the quote and thought that it wouldn''t be wise to join a manager who has already started to critiicise him before he has even joined.