Sign in to follow this  
ca

Marcus Evans is going to be hands on after all !!!

Have to laugh because Ipswich fans were saying that he wasn''t going to be hands on and wouldn''t be getting involved in the running of the club, doesnt seem that way now does it??

[quote] MARCUS Evans has ordered a root and branch investigation into how Ipswich Town is run.

The multi-millionaire owner has already started going through the whole club with a fine tooth comb as he shows his determination to take a hand-on interest in his new acquisition.

Key personnel have followed the main executives of the club in visiting Evans'' headquarters in Connaught Place London to meet the reclusive Evans and report in.

Evans and his people are keen to understand how a football club like Ipswich Town operates and are working closely with the existing staff to achieve that.

The thorough approach by Evans - headed by Martin Pitcher, who is one of the six directors on the football board that effectively runs the club and the plc board that will be formally elected at the AGM on January 28 - is being received with mixed reactions.

An insider, who asked not to be named, claims the investigation has raised concerns at all levels within Portman Road.

He said: “Naturally people are a bit worried about what will happen to them personally but it is not just at the lower levels it is also among the senior management.

“In many ways this should be a good thing because there are some things that have not been right but you never know what will unfold in the long term.

“Mr Evans and his people are not just asking people what do you do and how does your department work but actually asking for in depth reports and going into everything really thoroughly.”

It is understood for example that Jim Magilton has been asked to supply a complete brief on every aspect of his responsibility including a report on the whole scouting network plus he has confirmed that any bids for new players have to go through Mr Evans first
. [/quote]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Have to laugh because Ipswich fans were saying that he wasn''t going to be hands on and wouldn''t be getting involved in the running of the club, doesnt seem that way now does it??

[quote] MARCUS Evans has ordered a root and branch investigation into how Ipswich Town is run.

The multi-millionaire owner has already started going through the whole club with a fine tooth comb as he shows his determination to take a hand-on interest in his new acquisition.

Key personnel have followed the main executives of the club in visiting Evans'' headquarters in Connaught Place London to meet the reclusive Evans and report in.

Evans and his people are keen to understand how a football club like Ipswich Town operates and are working closely with the existing staff to achieve that.

The thorough approach by Evans - headed by Martin Pitcher, who is one of the six directors on the football board that effectively runs the club and the plc board that will be formally elected at the AGM on January 28 - is being received with mixed reactions.

An insider, who asked not to be named, claims the investigation has raised concerns at all levels within Portman Road.

He said: “Naturally people are a bit worried about what will happen to them personally but it is not just at the lower levels it is also among the senior management.

“In many ways this should be a good thing because there are some things that have not been right but you never know what will unfold in the long term.

“Mr Evans and his people are not just asking people what do you do and how does your department work but actually asking for in depth reports and going into everything really thoroughly.”

It is understood for example that Jim Magilton has been asked to supply a complete brief on every aspect of his responsibility including a report on the whole scouting network plus he has confirmed that any bids for new players have to go through Mr Evans first
. [/quote]

[/quote]

And here is the rest of the East Anglian piece:

Magilton is pleased with the backing his new boss has given him in the transfer market. In addition the Ipswich manager is also happy with the support he has received over player contracts, as highlighted by Jon Walters new four-year deal.

Evans is scrutinising the famed Academy looking at how it could be improved and its value to the club. Medical facilities, catering and stadium upkeep are all being examined.

Although Evans has handed day-to-day responsibility to the existing executives, he has demanded to be kept informed on all goings on and is understood to be actively involved in helping to secure a new main sponsor.

One area Evans has been particularly keen to look at is the ticket office and as someone who knows how to sell tickets, is looking at ways of encouraging greater attendances at Portman Road.

Evans took over at Ipswich Town in December after paying around £12m for an 87.5 per cent stake in the club, he has also bought the £32m debt from Norwich Union and Barclays for around £6m.

The club declined to comment on the business audit being carried out by Evans.

(He certainly knows how to sell tickets.  He started out hiring the gardens of people overlooking Wimbledon Tennis Courts at £15 a time  and then selling places in the same gardens at £5 a time.  Four people and you''ve made a profit)

Ipswich fans were desperately trying to convince each other that this was a good deal for the club. There was no way a guy like Evans was going to invest so much money, and let Sheepshanks play with it. His track record of financial mis-management is obvious to all. Evans has 3 seats on the board, and will do everything within his power to make a profit on his investment.Spin = Sheepshanks saying "We have 12m to spend" (what an idiot, watch the prices rise)Reality = Paul Dalglish on trial

Sadly, this might be exactly the right approach, and may unfortunately benefit ITFC in the long run. I wouldn''t be against the same scrutiny being applied to Norwich, though not by the current majority shareholder (too nice by... ooooh... about 500%). There''s too much of the comfort zone about our Club at the moment, and has been for well over a decade, hence players no-showing 6 or 8 times a season. NAIL SOME SENSE INTO ''EM, I SAY.BTW if Evans got 87.5% of the shareholding for £12m and the debt at that price, I''d say he got himself a good deal. We''ll have to hope the footballing side goes badly wrong.

I think most Town fans are pleased that we have a hugely succesful businessman taking a hands-on role in the running of the club. He''s hardly going to be financially less competent than Sheepshanks is he!? Well done Marcus I say!

" BTW if Evans got 87.5% of the shareholding for £12m and the debt at that price, I''d say he got himself a good deal."Not true at all. The deal broke down as -£8.1m as a ''loan'' to the binners to cover wages, loan payments and projected debts. This is to be serviced at just under £600k per annum.£3.9m to buy 87% of the club.The arrangement whereby the £32m is now owed to another part of the Marcus Evans group rather than NU has not been disclosed. Though a figure of $6m has been bandied about I would take that with a very large pinch of salt.A recent comment from the club that Magilton is under no pressue to achieve promotion this season coupled with an earlier comment that incoming players would at best amount to one purchase and one loanee should point to the true nature of this so called investment (asset strip).As City Angel stated, our not too bright neighbours were all pitchfork waving a couple of months ago. Kett''s rebellion had nothing on these rural folk. £12m to spend, Premiership an almost certainty and they had escaped the clutches of debt. "Gawd blimey guv, innit "  they cried.Yet in reality they owe MORE than when MEI picked up their club. The value of their shares as a percentage and a measure of control of their club has devalued to virtually nothing. The £32m debt is once again accruing interest and no job is safe it now appears." So you get £70 grand for shaking hands on match days and saying ''my dear old thing'' to everyone in the boardroom "" That''s about it, ole bean "" Well Mr Sheepshanks we think you are surplus to needs "" Remember I am also the person who the fans believe when I tell them we can afford the loan, there is no financial problems at the club and other such stuff............... now were I to tell them what this deal is really all about ""Another bonus Mr Sheepshanks ? "

[quote user="Old Boy"]Sadly, this might be exactly the right approach, and may unfortunately benefit ITFC in the long run. I wouldn''t be against the same scrutiny being applied to Norwich, though not by the current majority shareholder (too nice by... ooooh... about 500%). There''s too much of the comfort zone about our Club at the moment, and has been for well over a decade, hence players no-showing 6 or 8 times a season. NAIL SOME SENSE INTO ''EM, I SAY.

BTW if Evans got 87.5% of the shareholding for £12m and the debt at that price, I''d say he got himself a good deal. We''ll have to hope the footballing side goes badly wrong.
[/quote]

Wasn''t this audit of everything exactly what the Turners did after they became involved with the Club last year?

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

[quote user="Old Boy"]Sadly, this might be exactly the right approach, and may unfortunately benefit ITFC in the long run. I wouldn''t be against the same scrutiny being applied to Norwich, though not by the current majority shareholder (too nice by... ooooh... about 500%). There''s too much of the comfort zone about our Club at the moment, and has been for well over a decade, hence players no-showing 6 or 8 times a season. NAIL SOME SENSE INTO ''EM, I SAY.BTW if Evans got 87.5% of the shareholding for £12m and the debt at that price, I''d say he got himself a good deal. We''ll have to hope the footballing side goes badly wrong.[/quote]

Wasn''t this audit of everything exactly what the Turners did after they became involved with the Club last year?

[/quote]If that happened, good, but there''s not much evidence of it yet.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]

A recent comment from the club that Magilton is under no pressue to achieve promotion this season coupled with an earlier comment that incoming players would at best amount to one purchase and one loanee should point to the true nature of this so called investment (asset strip).

[/quote]

Care to provide any evidence of this Ms Wright?

Thought not! Envy is an amusing trait!

[quote user="Chabal"]I think most Town fans are pleased that we have a hugely succesful businessman taking a hands-on role in the running of the club. He''s hardly going to be financially less competent than Sheepshanks is he!? Well done Marcus I say![/quote]

Most Town fans I know are hardly aware of whether its day or night, let alone being able to offer any opinion on the efficient running of a business. And regarding your other comments re literacy levels in Norfolk - the most cursory glance of any of your message boards will show you what a hilariously rich statement this is. [:D] 

" Care to provide any evidence of this Ms Wright? "Here we are my little pitchfork juggler -http://www.itfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10272~1181533,00.htmlSuggest you get a grown up to explain it to you - or are we to assume that this is yet more lies from your red faced buffoon." We can meet the payments outside of the Premiership "" There are no financial difficulties facing the club " AGM 2 months before you went into receivership "" I will stand down when the club''s future is secure "

So we can assume that all the rest is correct. Unlike you my little saddo I''m off to actually watch my team so I can''t be arsed to trawl through the net to provide the quote, but let me assure CITY fans that it was stated.Now perhaps you might ask why you are on a CITY site and what happened tio the suupposed £12m you were going to spend (or did I make up that bit ?) and why it looks like Lee is going to be sold instead.RIPswich - emptying the binsThe future is black the future is itfc

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]So we can assume that all the rest is correct. Unlike you my little saddo I''m off to actually watch my team so I can''t be arsed to trawl through the net to provide the quote, but let me assure CITY fans that it was stated.

Now perhaps you might ask why you are on a CITY site and what happened tio the suupposed £12m you were going to spend (or did I make up that bit ?) and why it looks like Lee is going to be sold instead.

RIPswich - emptying the bins

The future is black the future is itfc
[/quote]

I think most reasonable people here will see that you are making claims that you cannot back up. If you could also provide evidence that ITFC claimed they would spend £12m by the 19th of January i''d be very grateful. No? Ok then ralph..

I don''t think you''ve got £12m to spend Chabal but if you do end up buying some decent players for some decent millions then I''ll take it back!

[quote user="cityangel"]I don''t think you''ve got £12m to spend Chabal but if you do end up buying some decent players for some decent millions then I''ll take it back![/quote]

I don''t think we''ve got £12m to spend either - we got a £12m cash injection which will be spent by the club an all areas (transfers, wages, academy, scouting etc) over the next couple of years. I think we''ll spend about £2m this transfer window and then another £2-3m in the summer.

I was merely pointing out the fact that Ralph Wright has developed a habit of making statements which he cannot back up!

If I invested (or even had) a few million into a club... i''d demand to know EXACTLY what everybody does, and why, and how! This is a good move and who cares if it ruffles feathers, if people are doing a good job they have nothing to fear.