Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Burying Bad News?

Season ticket increase of two and half percent, so bury that bad news with a possible loan signing on the day of that announcement, that''ll take the fans minds away from said increase.

Well, its a thought!.

The annual inflation rate is about 2.5 %, that''s the governments'' "official" figure, although independent indexes have it at about 4%.  So 2.5 % would actually be under increase in the actual cost of living.  Doesn''t strike me as particularly bad news that Wiz - I bet you''re paying more than you did last season for Petrol, bread, and milk too, and by at least 2.5 % as well.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Season ticket increase of two and half percent, so bury that bad news with a possible loan signing on the day of that announcement, that''ll take the fans minds away from said increase.

Well, its a thought!.

[/quote]Have to agree it''s bad news. Ticket prices should RISE by at least 25% so the club can then afford these players that everyone is going on about !!

2.5%.  PAH !!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Well, its a thought!.

[/quote]Have to agree it''s bad news. Ticket prices should RISE by at least 25% so the club can then afford these players that everyone is going on about !!

2.5%.  PAH !!

[/quote]

Quite right. I have thought for a long time that Norwich are missing a trick with their cheap prices. I think you''ll find we are very, very cheap compared to many teams of a similar stature and of team with the same ambitions as us. Which if my memory serves me is to challenge for promotion. Sorry but yet again Wiz is moaning for moaning''s sake. Besides he doesn''t even go does he so what does it matter to him. Good business it to squeeze as much money as you can from you customers without you customer flow being affected. We could get a lot more if we tried.

Seems like some people around here spend all day looking for things to discredit the Board of NCFC. Would not be surprised to see some of them rooting through the waste paper bins at the back of Carrow Road.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Well, its a thought!.

2.5%.  PAH !!

[/quote]

Quite right. I have thought for a long time that Norwich are missing a trick with their cheap prices. I think you''ll find we are very, very cheap compared to many teams of a similar stature and of team with the same ambitions as us. Which if my memory serves me is to challenge for promotion. Sorry but yet again Wiz is moaning for moaning''s sake. Besides he doesn''t even go does he so what does it matter to him. Good business it to squeeze as much money as you can from you customers without you customer flow being affected. We could get a lot more if we tried.

[/quote]

and you assume the extra revenue from increased season ticket prices would be invested in the player squad?

just like a year of premiership money, 2years of parachute payments, and several players sold for 7 figure sums has?

Get real. Increased season ticket prices would be ''accounted for'' in other ways.

lappinitup wrote the following post at 18/01/2008 4:37 PM:

Have to agree it''s bad news. Ticket prices should RISE by at least 25% so the club can then afford these players that everyone is going on about !!

2.5%.  PAH !!

Wouldn''t matter if season ticket prices went up 50% it still wouldnt be spent on players.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Well, its a thought!.

[/quote]First, Wiz, a below inflation rise is not bad news.Second, there''s a long time before the renewal date hits, so it''s not something that would apply for one day only.  The club would need to "spin" something every day until early May for this to work.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Well, its a thought!.

2.5%.  PAH !!

[/quote]

[/quote]

and you assume the extra revenue from increased season ticket prices would be invested in the player squad?

just like a year of premiership money, 2years of parachute payments, and several players sold for 7 figure sums has?

Get real. Increased season ticket prices would be ''accounted for'' in other ways.

[/quote]

So shut the * up and count your blessings if you are a season ticket holder!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"] 

[/quote]

Charming! and such a typical reply from this poster.

[quote user="bunny"]

Seems like some people around here spend all day looking for things to discredit the Board of NCFC. Would not be surprised to see some of them rooting through the waste paper bins at the back of Carrow Road.

[/quote]

Actually I do....... and just like the squad, there is nothing of real value in them....[:|]

When I''m being a right old ''Skip Rat'' though, and raking through the food waste from the Club Restyrunts[pi]......There''s some quality nosh in those bins.....No expense spared there.[:P]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Well, its a thought!.

2.5%.  PAH !!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Charming. I wasn''t complaining about the 2.8% but your assertion that season ticket prices should be increased further to "squeeze as much money as you can from you customers ".

But thanks for your Neanderthal response anyway.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Well, its a thought!.

2.5%.  PAH !!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Charming. I wasn''t complaining about the 2.8% but your assertion that season ticket prices should be increased further to "squeeze as much money as you can from you customers ".

But thanks for your Neanderthal response anyway.

[/quote]

What’s wrong with that. It''s a business. In business you get as much money as you can from your customers. You find what you can get away with and what will make the maximum profit. We are not a pound shop. It''s typical of people like Wiz to bleat on day after day that the board are cheapskates yet any price increase that could be used to improve the kitty is meet with the same disgust. This forum is littered with complaints but never solutions. We have to put up with people who wish for attention, posting irrelevant rubbish day in day out. And I for one am very board with it. Wiz said my reply was typical. His post as are all his post do nothing but indulge his delude ego. (Bet I get HEXED for that)

As for me being a Neanderthal, I have only ever been to Holland once so I don''t think I class as a native!

Right I''m off to the game. See you boys there!!!!!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]Not quite the week for mentioning "Bury-ing" wiz.[/quote]ARRDEE !!   [:D][:D]

[/quote]

What, What is It ? Am I missing a sale or something? for goodness sake if there is a body involved hang on to It , even If it means taking It home with you and hiding it up till I can get there . That goes for any of you posters too .If you ever see an old critter sort of hovering , well , you know arrdee will look after you .[;)] arrdee.