Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Were you there....?

I was surfing about on eBay earlier and noticed someone selling a classic footy match on DVD between Norwich and Southampton back in the John Deehan days ebay no. 4192786265. I actually remember going to that match and watching Mark Robins score a superb goal on his comeback from knee injury. Just wondered if anyone else was there that day or if they remember that? They were dark days for Norwich (just after Walker left) but happily things are back now the way they should be.

Was that the 5-4 thriller with Ken Monkou scoring the winner from a Matthew Le Tissier corner right near the end? If so then yes, that game marked the start of my regular appearances at Carrow Road.

Left the game thinking how did we score 4 and still lose!

That''s the game Peter. I left to get the train at 4:45pm whilst the game was 4-4 and when I was half way to the train station I heard another cheer and thought Norwich must have won 5-4...until someone told me the result on the way home!

Le Tissier was given far too much room that day!

I was at that game on a school trip. I must have been about 13/14, and we had to sit in the River End! I was already a Barclay Boy, and hated the fact that there was hardly any singing!

That game was a freakish game though, and still one that I remember clearly. Le Tissier was a magician, I just wish he had been on our side..

I remember from 1989/90 too, we drew with them 4-4 at home (Rosario!), and lost at The Dell. Le Tissier got a hattrick down there, and they are three of the best goals I have ever seen. Does anyone else remember them?

OTBC

I remember the 5 - 4 match well, I was a steward at the time. Matt Le Tissier was magic, every time he got the ball they were dangerous and when they got the corner from which the scored the goal, my colleague and I both knew it would end up in the back of the net.

Not sure. I was a young'' un at the time, the matches kind of blend together. Did Mark Robins run the length of the City Stand high fiving all the fans in the front row?

I don''t remember Mark Robins doing that...but I might be wrong. I just might try and buy that DVD above and perhaps find out!

MG7...I remember that game (89/90) 4-4 away to Southampton and I remember Robert Rosario scoring a wonder goal...wasn''t it goal of the season?