Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

No new players, 18 Jan. Anybody worried?

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

It''s not a case of right or wrong but interpretation.  If I meant bottom three I''d have said so.  Zone is another word for area.  Therefore we are in the relegation area, are we not? 

[/quote]

No...

Preston, Scunthorpe and Colchester are in the relegation area. But we are 6 points closer to the relegation area than we are the play off area. 6 points isn''t a lot though. Tomorrow we could be where Barnsley are, halfway between the play off area and the relegation area. Tomorrow we could also be just one measly point outside the relegation area such is the nature of this league. But nobody is safe. It could take 55 points to be safe this season so even WBA need 2 more wins.

Of course you are right Fat (please can I call you mystic again), it''s a case of interpretation so as I drop off to sleep tonight I am happy that we are in the play off zone....................................

Sweet dreams [|-)][S]

[quote user="camuldonum"]

Thanks for this historic moment.  I believe that may be the first ever reference to Colchester "splashing the cash" although "for god''s sake" and the variations thereon are all well known to U''s fans.

The window closes on Jan 31 and perhaps we should all look at things then?

I would point out that our contribution to "splashing the cash" involves two players at around £350-400k each at the moment.

Regardless, good luck for Saturday.

[/quote]Camuldonum, thats £700k-£800k more than weve spent! We have made £800k however on shipping some dead wood out. Brilliant.Same as, hope you get away from the relegation zone, weve been there, not nice.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

It''s not a case of right or wrong but interpretation.  If I meant bottom three I''d have said so.  Zone is another word for area.  Therefore we are in the relegation area, are we not? 

[/quote]

No...

Preston, Scunthorpe and Colchester are in the relegation area. But we are 6 points closer to the relegation area than we are the play off area. 6 points isn''t a lot though. Tomorrow we could be where Barnsley are, halfway between the play off area and the relegation area. Tomorrow we could also be just one measly point outside the relegation area such is the nature of this league. But nobody is safe. It could take 55 points to be safe this season so even WBA need 2 more wins.

Of course you are right Fat (please can I call you mystic again), it''s a case of interpretation so as I drop off to sleep tonight I am happy that we are in the play off zone....................................

Sweet dreams [|-)][S]

[/quote]

Haven''t you lot got anything better to do than split hairs?  What sad lives you must lead.

Please see ipswichrscum''s post above for the point I was endeavouring to make.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

No...

Sweet dreams [|-)][S]

[/quote]

Haven''t you lot got anything better to do than split hairs?  What sad lives you must lead.

Please see ipswichrscum''s post above for the point I was endeavouring to make.

[/quote]

Bluddyell, I was only sayin'' [um] That don''t make me a saddo[W]

[|-)][S] We won by the way... we beat we8''s lot in the final [<:o)]

BarclayMan, Still having trouble quoting from this thread.

I don''t want to start a war of words but, "Obviously i mean teams above us and on the fringes of the playoffs and indeed teams in the playoffs."

If it was obviously what you mean then why didn''t you say that, it would save a lot of confusion.

Dont get me wrong, if your familiar with my posts im definitely a glass half full chap, and am always positive about NCFC, i always maintained all season, even when we were bottom under Grant that we had the potential to make the top 6. When Fozzy returns watch us go i said, and look what happened, especially after Roeder took over. Im just really impatient that weve bought no one when teams around us are splashing the cash, look at Colchester for gods sake. Theyve spent more than us.

You might well have always been a glass half full sort of chap, but your original post in this thread was so negative, which is why I reponded like I did. I think my glass is nearly always close to full.

OTBC.