Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We may have faith in Glen, but.........

Its sure as hell not in you Mr Munby, or your fellow directors:

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED18%20Jan%202008%2010%3A52%3A55%3A997

The way you have dragged this club down through the years is nothing to be proud of or boast about. Glen today talks only about loan signings, whilst our rivals sign permanent deals with good quality players.

And you''re proud of that? shameful!.[A]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED18%20Jan%202008%2010%3A52%3A55%3A997

The way you have dragged this club down through the years is nothing to be proud of or boast about. Glen today talks only about loan signings, whilst our rivals sign permanent deals with good quality players.

[/quote]Spot on Wiz, Glen has restored my faith in the team and I think he''ll do well for us.Whos going to restore my faith in the board, they may have got the appointment of Glen spot on but it doesn''t make up for the last few years of utter rubbish.

I also agree, despite not being overly happy when he arrived, I am now firmly behind him. The Board is another matter!

I don''t have a problem with the club loaning players in.  Its a market that when used wisely can pay real dividends.  Would however like to hear and see a bit more positivity coming from the boardroom.

I don''t really understand what reaction he is hoping for with this comment:

“The last two months have been pretty critical,” said Munby. “What has happened is just what we hoped would turn out when we go back to October, November when the pricing working party re-formed to consider next season''s prices.

“The last two months have been critical to the confidence that fans, in terms of thinking about renewal, are going to have.

I know what he means and selling tickets is importnant to the club but this is hardly going to endear himself or the board to the fans with this sort of comment. 

The Taylor situation riles me a tad.  Stoke get the likes of Shawcross in on loan, he does a good job, they sign him up.....We get Taylor and get all uppetey when our derisory bid is turned down??maybe we just don''t have 1 million to spend on a central defender?

Andrew Cullen has said "Roger! It''s Season Ticket renewal time again. I''m just about to disconnect you from the cryogenic suspension chamber and apparatus - and then you can have a ciggy (or 20). Then we require a well worded, plausible and positive statement from you concerning Mr Glenn Roeder (who''s actually been manager since Grant went a few months ago). Now, Glenn''s assistant is Lee Clark, Delia and Micky are still the  Major -Shareholder''s and Bazzer Skipper''s gone but the ''Turner Two'' are on-board and have lent us 2 mill. We are currently just above the relegation zone, but are gaining decent results - and although we are still pleading poverty the natives are restless......Now c,mon, give us a few lines of the usual guff for the gullible - and you can have another fag (or 20) and I''ll put you back in your chamber, till the last home game this season for another of your appearances on the pitch, when I''ll brief you once again, how the rest of the season panned out...OK?"  

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Andrew Cullen has said "Roger! It''s Season Ticket renewal time again. I''m just about to disconnect you from the cryogenic suspension chamber and apparatus - and then you can have a ciggy (or 20). Then we require a well worded, plausible and positive statement from you concerning Mr Glenn Roeder (who''s actually been manager since Grant went a few months ago). Now, Glenn''s assistant is Lee Clark, Delia and Micky are still the  Major -Shareholder''s and Bazzer Skipper''s gone but the ''Turner Two'' are on-board and have lent us 2 mill. We are currently just above the relegation zone, but are gaining decent results - and although we are still pleading poverty the natives are restless......Now c,mon, give us a few lines of the usual guff for the gullible - and you can have another fag (or 20) and I''ll put you back in your chamber, till the last home game this season for another of your appearances on the pitch, when I''ll brief you once again, how the rest of the season panned out...OK?"  [/quote]

I think it''s good for your health that you only have to moan about Munby 3 times a season these days, don''t you Mello ? [;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Andrew Cullen has said "Roger! It''s Season Ticket renewal time again. I''m just about to disconnect you from the cryogenic suspension chamber and apparatus - and then you can have a ciggy (or 20). Then we require a well worded, plausible and positive statement from you concerning Mr Glenn Roeder (who''s actually been manager since Grant went a few months ago). Now, Glenn''s assistant is Lee Clark, Delia and Micky are still the  Major -Shareholder''s and Bazzer Skipper''s gone but the ''Turner Two'' are on-board and have lent us 2 mill. We are currently just above the relegation zone, but are gaining decent results - and although we are still pleading poverty the natives are restless......Now c,mon, give us a few lines of the usual guff for the gullible - and you can have another fag (or 20) and I''ll put you back in your chamber, till the last home game this season for another of your appearances on the pitch, when I''ll brief you once again, how the rest of the season panned out...OK?"  [/quote]

I think it''s good for your health that you only have to moan about Munby 3 times a season these days, don''t you Mello ? [;)]

[/quote]

I wasn''t actually moaning......But I''m pleased my post was perused by you - and warranted a positive reply.... I just want to be loved by everyone.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I wasn''t actually moaning......But I''m pleased my post was perused by you - and warranted a positive reply.... I just want to be loved by everyone.....

[/quote]

Everyone ?  Even Rogernator, Darth Donkster, and their winged monkeys ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When you''ve finished flyin'' around Donkster''s office - come down and have a banana......

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When you''ve finished flyin'' around Donkster''s office - come down and have a banana......

[/quote]

[:D][Y]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I think if the board let the supporters know just how little money was available, there would be riots.[/quote]

Maybe.

So, er, why don''t you tell us exactly how much there is then?

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]Also very noticeable that it is still only Munby that says anything about Roeder. No sign of Delia just like when Roeder was appointed........[/quote]

But if she had and had been there on the arrival of GR, then she would have been slagged off for getting publicity etc....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Brill! Classic Mello Yello.  Are you a clone of the legend Crafty Canary (the real one)? As you both have a wicked sense of humour.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]The Taylor situation riles me a tad.  Stoke get the likes of Shawcross in on loan, he does a good job, they sign him up.....We get Taylor and get all uppetey when our derisory bid is turned down??maybe we just don''t have 1 million to spend on a central defender?[/quote]So you want Roeder out? Its his call. There''s plenty of money there for Taylor plus a couple more....... I fail to understand why anybody can blame the board if Taylor doesn''t come to Norwich. That lies fairly and squarely at Roeders feet. And he''s absolutely spot on too.

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Brill! Classic Mello Yello.  Are you a clone of the legend Crafty Canary (the real one)? As you both have a wicked sense of humour.

[/quote]

No

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline
&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED18%20Jan%202008%2010%3A52%3A55%3A997

[/quote]

And lo it came to pass that out of the ether came the one called Roeder who did smite all before him with much vigour. And he sayeth unto the tribes of Norwich "My appointment had nothing whatever to do with the board....and I say unto you that she who must not be named and hath no cash had nuffink to do with it guv"

Or perhaps he didn''t

So endeth the first lesson

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]The Taylor situation riles me a tad.  Stoke get the likes of Shawcross in on loan, he does a good job, they sign him up.....

We get Taylor and get all uppetey when our derisory bid is turned down??

maybe we just don''t have 1 million to spend on a central defender?
[/quote]

So you want Roeder out? Its his call. There''s plenty of money there for Taylor plus a couple more....... I fail to understand why anybody can blame the board if Taylor doesn''t come to Norwich. That lies fairly and squarely at Roeders feet. And he''s absolutely spot on too.
[/quote]

How right you are. So many posts seem to ignore the fact that Roeder plays any part in transfer dealings. If he doesn''t think Taylor is worth more than he has offered then so be it . It''s his decision. Some posters need to get a reality check on Roeder. His transfer dealings so far have not been great. Let''s see what happens in next 12 days. New goalkeeper seems to be only one on the cards at the moment.

[quote user="tribes"]

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]The Taylor situation riles me a tad.  Stoke get the likes of Shawcross in on loan, he does a good job, they sign him up.....

[/quote]

So you want Roeder out? Its his call. There''s plenty of money there for Taylor plus a couple more....... I fail to understand why anybody can blame the board if Taylor doesn''t come to Norwich. That lies fairly and squarely at Roeders feet. And he''s absolutely spot on too.
[/quote]

How right you are. So many posts seem to ignore the fact that Roeder plays any part in transfer dealings. If he doesn''t think Taylor is worth more than he has offered then so be it . It''s his decision. Some posters need to get a reality check on Roeder. His transfer dealings so far have not been great. Let''s see what happens in next 12 days. New goalkeeper seems to be only one on the cards at the moment.

[/quote]

Where does one get this from?  "There''s plenty of money there for Taylor plus a couple more".......

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="tribes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where does one get this from?  "There''s plenty of money there for Taylor plus a couple more".......

[/quote]

God only knows Mello???

As yet we are to see any money at all being there for anybody!!!

" As yet we are to see any money at all being there for anybody!!!"however unlike your lot we haven''t claimed to have a supposed £12m to spendif mad jim can''t find anyone, with that amount of money, how are we suppposed to be able to sign anyone ?

With the players leaving, Mr Murdock rejecting the chance to replace our highly rated goalkeeping coach who, rumour has it was mighty Peed at the sale of Joe Lewis, somethings brewing, and its not Delias watered down tomato soup!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="tribes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

God only knows Mello???

[/quote]

Welcome back Smudge........The voice of reason!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="tribes"]

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]The Taylor situation riles me a tad.  Stoke get the likes of Shawcross in on loan, he does a good job, they sign him up.....We get Taylor and get all uppetey when our derisory bid is turned down??maybe we just don''t have 1 million to spend on a central defender?[/quote]So you want Roeder out? Its his call. There''s plenty of money there for Taylor plus a couple more....... I fail to understand why anybody can blame the board if Taylor doesn''t come to Norwich. That lies fairly and squarely at Roeders feet. And he''s absolutely spot on too. [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

God only knows Mello???

[/quote]Its pretty pointless listening to people who say we have lots of money to spend or those who say we have none. Its all based on conjecture, we will see by who comes through the door at the end of January how much money we spent. Getting all het up because we haven''t spent yet is a waste of energy.

[quote user="Big Down Under"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="tribes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

God only knows Mello???

[/quote]
Its pretty pointless listening to people who say we have lots of money to spend or those who say we have none. Its all based on conjecture, we will see by who comes through the door at the end of January how much money we spent. Getting all het up because we haven''t spent yet is a waste of energy.
[/quote]

We haven''t spent, (much..ish) but we have received (quite a bit..ish). Where has the money from the Ashton, Greeno, Earnie, Lewis, Brown, Parachute payments, Sky TV? Reaping the benefits of the Merchandise, Promotions, Hosting meetings, Corporate stuff, Concerts, Religious gatherings, Advertising, Hotel handout, Restaurant & refreshment bars income, 24,000 plus crowds, Land sales and purchase.....etc, etc....? I accept that there are bills, salaries and ''other things''  to be paid, the structured debt is not going to go away......But, why are our outgoings exceeding our in-comings? It may be guesswork/conjecture or ignorance on my behalf......But surely, the ''Black Hole'' can''t be that deep a void to fill? Unless, there''s something that we aren''t aware of.....[:|] 

We have a lovely home, but can''t afford the furniture to put on the lush and expensive carpet.....