Sign in to follow this  
GreennYella

Greg Halford to join insiders info

Was drinking in The Bell last night and saw Gary Doherty and Tony Warner at the bar and after much encouragement from my mates decided to go over and have a little chat. Warner didnt seem that interested but the Doc was a top chap and we had a good chat about the game. According to the Doc we are set to sign Greg Halford on loan and he said a deal for Taylor was hopefully going to go through. I asked if Warner was coming back seeing as hes in Norwich but apparently it was just for a night out. Doc had celebrity status last night, it was quite funny how everyone seemeed to recognise ginger pele! I admit I have slagged him off in the past but I must admit fair play to him for talking to the supporters on a Saturday night out.

Why would Tony Warner come to Norwich for a night out? I suppose he could have made friends in the team while he was here but my main memory of him was that comic miskick at Sheffield Wednesday at the last game of last season that put us three nil down! I''d want to keep well away after that!

Having not posted for sometime i thought i would get involved.

I have it on very good authority that Greg Halford was the Premiership player that Glenn was talking about on Radio Norfolk last night and therefore won''t now be coming to the club.

Well dickson etuhu was in norwich a while back. Didn''t he get into a fight or do something stupid?

Why would we want him anyway?  A right back who can give Otsemobor competition - but he doesn''t need it, he''s not exactly slacking.  Strange.  And probably completely untrue.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Prudence no ambition"]

Ein muppet alert!

[/quote]

Who''s that then? you?[:)][:D]

[/quote]

Wiz, why is it OK for you to accuse someone of being a binner but not OK for someone else to accuse you of being a muppet for your original accusation?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Prudence no ambition"]

Ein muppet alert!

[/quote]

[/quote]

touché. Rapier like!

[quote user="James Maloney"]Why would we want him anyway?  A right back who can give Otsemobor competition - but he doesn''t need it, he''s not exactly slacking.  Strange.  And probably completely untrue.
[/quote]

I agree, why on earth would we waste money we don''t have on a right-back? Hope this isn''t true!

[quote user="The Anonymous One"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Prudence no ambition"]

Ein muppet alert!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wiz, why is it OK for you to accuse someone of being a binner but not OK for someone else to accuse you of being a muppet for your original accusation?

[/quote]why does it really matter?tbh this sounds credible to me, tony warner coming for a night out isn''t impossible and not many binners would realise we even had warner.

Someone has been up to their usual tricks on Wiki, it shows that Greg Halford is on loan to us until May ''08. But is it tricks or is it true?

if doherty did know that halford was coming,  surely he wouldnt be allowed to tell any one anyway?

IF HALFORD IS INDEED COMING HE COULD WELL TURN OUT A VERY USEFULL SQUAD ADDITION AS HE NOT ONLY PLAYS AT RIGHT-BACK BUT HAS PLAYED MIDFIELD AND AS OUT AND OUT STRIKER FOR BOTH COLCHESTER AND ENGLAND AT YOUTH LEVEL , NOT SURE IF EVEN HE KNOWS HIS BEST POSITION ?

[quote user="The Anonymous One"]

[/quote]

Because I''m me!.[:|]

Would just like to add that I too have had the pleasure of seeing Gary Doherty out on the town several times.  I remember on one occassion (I was absolutely hammered, so hammered even my wife ditched me!!) putting an arm round his shoulders and telling to defend like a legend in his next game, I told him my seat number and everything and that I would be keeping an eye on him.  I then bumped into him several times more in the Mercy VIP lounge that evening and everytime I did I would point at him and say ''like a legend gary, like a legend''.  Suprised he didn''t punch me, oh the shame.....